Back to EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian? by The University of Edinburgh

This course is for anyone interested in learning more about Veterinary Medicine, giving a “taster” of courses covered in the first year of a veterinary degree and an idea of what it is like to study Veterinary Medicine....

NR

Feb 25, 2018

This course is very suitable for A level students who want to study Veterinary Medicine at university as it covers the role of a vet as well as teaching some basic skills and knowledge. It is bas

CH

Apr 17, 2017

I took this course so that I could converse on a more professional with my son who is in Vet. School and I enjoyed the course greatly and have already put a lot of what I've learned into conver

1 - 25 of 209 Reviews for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

By Sadie C

May 24, 2019

very interesting! I've been looking at a career change and this course has been an excellent insight. highly recommend.

By Angelina B

Apr 09, 2019

A very good course for students that are interested in becoming a Vet. It pairs with A-level Biology studies very well and gave me a good insight into what the next 5 years will be like.

By Raphael A

Sep 03, 2015

If you are wondering if you want to become a vet or if you only want to learn the base of the veterinarian profession, I greatly recommend this course. I never got bored during this course.

By HAMMAD U R B

Oct 05, 2018

I HAVE ALMOST COMPLETED THIS COURSE, AND ACCORDING TO TITLE OF THIS COURSE NOW I CAN SAY THAT I HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A VETERINARIAN. THIS WAS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAR MY BASIC CONCEPTS AND LEARN SOMETHING NEW. I HAVE LEARNED A LOT. I WOULD REALLY RECOMMEND THIS COURSE TO OTHER VETS AS WELL. THANKS TO COURSERA...........

By Thomas Z

Dec 12, 2016

The course is uneven at best, with some modules providing insights and knowledge and others not so much. The presentation in some of the modules is perhaps an example of how not to do it, reading fro a script in a monotonous voice. Some of the material, like the lengthy historical review of Edinburgh's vet school, might be good advertising and interesting, but does not fall under the scope of 'what it takes to be a vet'. Good idea, but, with a few exceptions, less than average execution.

By Perdita P

Jan 15, 2019

Really good videos and tution.The extra resources really helped but there could be more reading as not everyone has unlimited internnet and the videos use it up quickly.

By Hannah E P

Jan 20, 2019

Fantastic course! Thank you so much for all this information and thank you for inspiring me even more to pursue the career I have always wanted!

By Maheen A M

Jan 05, 2019

Very informative and highly detailed course that masterfully encompasses the core aspects of veterinary medicine in a concise overview, which I personally found very enjoyable!

By Jordan R

Jan 07, 2019

really interesting course

By Ella P

Mar 03, 2019

This course is absolutely amazing and really broadened my knowledge and understanding about Veterinary Medicine and the Veterinary Profession. I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the course and praise the detail and enthusiasm that was conveyed by all individuals involved. Thank you!

By Nicole T

Dec 27, 2018

Very informative class. Provides excellent insight into the veterinary profession. Especially loved the clinical skills section! Professors are also wonderful. Highly recommend!

By Vanessa N

Apr 06, 2019

I really enjoyed the course, it was especially insightful and gave a lot of information about the veterinary field, as well as some of the background to the field itself. It was very centred around the city of Edinburgh and the development there, which I found to be especially interesting. I definitely recommend this course if you want a small taster for a broader insight into the veterinary field.

By MAKARANON W

Apr 10, 2019

Thank you very much for very helpful and informative course. I really love it.Hope I can use some experience from a course for myself,family and friends.The presentation,staff and information are excellent.

By

Feb 17, 2019

great course for dining basic knowledge of the profession

By Gianpaul L

Jul 14, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. It not only gave me valuable insights into what I might expect from a formal course in Veterinary science but it also gave me the confidence that I would be able to do it. I highly recommend this course for any prospective vet students out there!

By Amelia W

Jul 15, 2018

An insightful way of preparing students interested in Veterinary Medicine at University. I feel that its increased my knowledge of the basics and is really well explained.

By Coral F

May 14, 2018

This course is great if you are exploring veterinary medicine as a future career. Its a relatively short course and gives you an overview of the career and what will be expected of you. It is a great tool to see if it's something that you really want to do.

By Ffion M L

Apr 10, 2018

It has expanded my knowledge about veterinary medicine and taught me the fascinating subject of pathology. It only took a couple of hours a week and i thoroughly enjoyed!

By Erin

Dec 10, 2017

Very informative and full of interesting videos. Lots to learn and a good way to use spare time.

By Jemima A

Oct 21, 2017

Amazing!!! have learnt so much about veterinary science and about the course in Edinburgh.

By Madeline A

Dec 21, 2017

Lovely! I had a great time gaining insight into veterinary medicine.

By Helena V

Nov 06, 2017

Loved it !

By Loreta M

Apr 09, 2018

Very interesting, full of new and useful information. Course material was easy to absorb and understand and it was laid out in digestable bits. Truly enjoyed the course.

By Jemma R

Feb 25, 2018

Really great and gave me an insight into the first year of the vet programme

By Isla B

Mar 24, 2018

I am thoroughly enjoying this course and would recommend to anyone interested in pursuing a future in veterinery medicine.