Back to EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian? by The University of Edinburgh

This course is for anyone interested in learning more about Veterinary Medicine, giving a “taster” of courses covered in the first year of a veterinary degree and an idea of what it is like to study Veterinary Medicine....

NR

Feb 25, 2018

This course is very suitable for A level students who want to study Veterinary Medicine at university as it covers the role of a vet as well as teaching some basic skills and knowledge. It is bas

CH

Apr 17, 2017

I took this course so that I could converse on a more professional with my son who is in Vet. School and I enjoyed the course greatly and have already put a lot of what I've learned into conver

26 - 50 of 214 Reviews for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

By Ned T

Nov 17, 2015

Very interesting and useful. A great course!

By Cathy H

Apr 17, 2017

By Caitlin G

Aug 13, 2017

Really informative. Great introduction for me as I plan to apply to veterinary this year.

By Janina R

Sep 12, 2015

I am a vet student at the UoE, so this was very interesting to me and a great review of everything I have learnt so far + new info on the school's history which I didn't even know before. Great course!

By Kerri T

Nov 22, 2015

A fantastic course, very helpful for anyone keen to study veterinary medicine

By Eva B

Jul 09, 2016

Amazing course, I learned a lot about my animal friends. Thanks a lot to everyone who helped putting it together!

By Michaela C

Jan 06, 2016

I loved this course! it was very informative. very clear and well set out.

By Tamsin C

Dec 18, 2015

Excellent teaching materials and great insight into the profession!

By Türküler Ö

Nov 14, 2015

I really like the subject and lectures

By tracy d v

Mar 13, 2017

great overview, and very enjoyable/interesting.

By Lori F

Nov 08, 2015

I couldn't have enjoyed this course more. If it had existed when I was in college, I might've chosen veterinary studies. As it is, this course gave a fascinating glimpse into all the different veterinary specializations and their joys and challenges. It was rigorous enough that I felt like I was really learning about animal anatomy and physiology and veterinary care, but not so much so that I couldn't keep up. Also, it gave me a lot of empathy for my cat's veterinarians, with all the challenges and stress they can experience on the job. And a bonus: I learned how cats "smile," and have now successfully traded smiles with my cat!

By Muhammad F H

Dec 06, 2015

Love this course

By Susana d C R R

Dec 03, 2017

It was a great experience to get to know more about Veterinarian profession in Britain and all what it takes to becoming one.

By Elena D

Mar 01, 2017

A great overview of the profession and the field, suitable for those considering becoming vet surgeons and vet nurses. Great job of working around the limitations of online learning for such a hands-on subject, too!

By Elizabeth O

Jan 06, 2016

Very interesting course. I do not aspire to be a vet (I am a research assistant an FE/HE education institution farm), but did the course to increase my knowledge of farm animal husbandry. The section about farm animals was very relevant and interesting, and I found the rest of the course to be fascinating as well. Highly enjoyable and would recommend to anyone interested in animals, not just in becoming a vet.

By alfredo

Dec 21, 2015

Good course and quite plain with materials and important content for learning from that course. Good teachers and very well explain.

By Andres C

Feb 23, 2018

wonderful, thank you

By Dorothy E

Aug 27, 2017

A great course for anyone thinking of going into any area of veterinary science or animal care. Wonderful overview of the study and practice of veterinary medicine.

By Natali M

Jun 17, 2016

Amazing class. I loved it.

By A R

Nov 02, 2016

Gre

By Cameron S

Aug 14, 2016

Excellent content very well set out

By Arby L B

Aug 25, 2015

Very helpful! I really loved this course, I learned a lot. I learned more than what I expected to learn. It made me more excited to become a veterinarian. Thank you to EDIVET team!

By Shoshana S

Nov 07, 2017

Loving it so far!

Good quality and really reinforcing my dream to become a vet!

By VICTOR H Z T

Nov 23, 2015

Es el curso ideal para Medicos Veterinarios muy didactico pero realmente me ha retroalimentado de muchas de mis clases me fascina excelente sobre todo la anatomia comparada muy especifica felicidades colegas este curso esta muy completo.

By Mary K M M

Jan 21, 2017

I loved this course and was pleased that my faulty science was not a huge stumbling block.

The history aspect of the course provided tremendous context and I cannot agree with students who might believe it to be irrelevant. In order to progress to the future, one must always have an eye on the past. Having said that, long ago I studied the Enlightenment as an integral part of a BA in English Literature!

Realistically, I am too old and lacking in science qualifications to become a vet - but were I to be 35 years younger - I'd strongly consider working hard towards gaining Science A Levels and aim for veterinary school.

Nevertheless, I feel that this course has given me some insight as to how to get the best out of future consultations with my very lovely local veterinary practice.

In addition, I was pleased to see Dr Andrew Gardiner presenting the final part of the course.

Dr Gardiner's book, The A-Z of Cat Health and First Aid is a wonderful resource, particularly in respect of abscesses, a problem which certain other books only cover in connection with dental ailments rather than the very common problem of abscesses on a cat's back, shoulders and face as a result of fighting!