Back to EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian? by The University of Edinburgh

This course is for anyone interested in learning more about Veterinary Medicine, giving a “taster” of courses covered in the first year of a veterinary degree and an idea of what it is like to study Veterinary Medicine....

NR

Feb 25, 2018

This course is very suitable for A level students who want to study Veterinary Medicine at university as it covers the role of a vet as well as teaching some basic skills and knowledge. It is bas

CH

Apr 17, 2017

I took this course so that I could converse on a more professional with my son who is in Vet. School and I enjoyed the course greatly and have already put a lot of what I've learned into conver

201 - 212 of 212 Reviews for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

By Krittee D

Aug 06, 2019

History of Veterinary Should be the world history of veterinary.

By Rhonda S H

Sep 20, 2016

Good intro, would like to see more info and details on specific subjects, but that might be for the actual medical classes.

By Jonathan G

Jan 16, 2018

Learned a lot about dog breeds but there was no mention of how to treat cats for common veterinary diseases that they might have. The focus was too much on canines. Also, in some of the quizzes they were asking questions that were either not covered in any of the lectures or were completely off-topic!

By Adriana C

Sep 22, 2016

The beginning is great; it gives you great introductory information on Veterinary skills. However, I found the last part, on Edinburg's Veterinary History, extremely tedious and not relevant for what this course is about.

By Qinling Y

Dec 20, 2017

Though provide a quite high-level overview for vet education, the course is alking more about history and disciplines rather than knowledge and practice. I was expecting it to be more practical with more examples.

By 杜博伦

Oct 19, 2015

not bad

By Alex V

Mar 22, 2017

Very interesting course, although lacks course notes. The final test (week 5) had a few questions which weren't covered in the lesson.

By Esraa M S

Oct 16, 2016

good cource but its medical content about how to treat disease is low and needed to be more

and clinical cases is low also

but another topics is very good

By Neansai O

Jul 02, 2017

I really enjoyed this course, the quizes really made me think and reflect on the knowledge I have been given, I found them very helpful. The course was well laid out and covered a wide variety of aspects regarding Veterinary. The only week which I did not enjoy as much as the others was week 5. I would have preferred to learn more anatomy rather than history.

By Nathan P

Aug 28, 2019

The information presented is largely good. However the course is extremely surface level, will only going into one system (cardio) and will most likely not satisfy the interest of the person typically interested in Vet Med. If you just would like to know what a veterinarian does, and learn a few words, it's a great course. If you would like to know more about body systems in animals and diseases and treatment, you should look elsewhere. Also Coursera: please remove the section on the history of Vet Med, it is insanely boring. There is little of interest there and the discussion is not relevant to the modern day veterinary practice.

By Pamela A

Oct 06, 2015

This course is taught by instructors with the most monotone of voices. I literally fell asleep during each lecture. I have worked in the medical field, specializing in cardiology, for 40 years. My love of animals was my reason to explore this course. But I am getting nothing out of it and am giving up on it.

By Lauren L