Back to EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian? by The University of Edinburgh

This course is for anyone interested in learning more about Veterinary Medicine, giving a “taster” of courses covered in the first year of a veterinary degree and an idea of what it is like to study Veterinary Medicine....

NR

Feb 25, 2018

This course is very suitable for A level students who want to study Veterinary Medicine at university as it covers the role of a vet as well as teaching some basic skills and knowledge. It is bas

CH

Apr 17, 2017

I took this course so that I could converse on a more professional with my son who is in Vet. School and I enjoyed the course greatly and have already put a lot of what I've learned into conver

51 - 75 of 212 Reviews for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

By Louise J H

Aug 20, 2017

Very insightful and interesting. A great course, thanks!

By Diana M H

Aug 24, 2016

It is really awesome, I have learned a lot. I studied Veterinary medicine but this course added a lot to my knowledge . Thanks for you.

By Sophie S

Sep 21, 2017

Fantastic course giving a brilliant overview of the key aspects of a veterinary degree/career. It also touches on the academic and emotional intelligence required of vets. A must do for any aspiring veterinarians!

By Ana O

Feb 07, 2017

I really enjoyed this MOOC, it gives a good idea of what to expect at school but also as a client. I didn't appreciate being evaluated about the nearby buildings of the school or the name of Dick's sister. Really not the type of thing that would make me chose one vet over the other.

By Elizabeth A R

Dec 21, 2015

Great course! My only complaint is that on the last quiz, the information given in the lesson and the quiz questions do not match up, making it a guessing game between two answers on some questions. Such as, the lesson might say something happens between the 1940's and 60's, but then possible answers on the quiz might be 1940-50's or 1950-60's. You get many chances on the quizzes though, so it's really not a big deal, just a nuisance. The heart and lung anatomy section was explained better in the videos than in my university lectures!

By dandanma1000

Aug 15, 2015

This curriculum not only help me learn something about veterinary but also tell me what English vet do in UK.

By Justine l

May 29, 2017

I really love this course, It has taught me so much about Animals and How to take proper care of them. I always wanted to be Veterinarian. I really hope it helps me in the future.

By Carolina L

Oct 19, 2015

excellent,i liked

By Bishwaksen B

Mar 06, 2018

Very very useful for those who have interest in animal health and welfare

By Colleen M

Aug 31, 2015

A fascinating overview of anatomy, diagnosis, soft skills, the history and future of veterinary learning and medicine - I loved it and used every possible minute I could spare to watch the lectures. I loved it and wish I could come study full time at the Royal Dick Vet.

By Farah E

Feb 02, 2017

The richest basic course I've ever taken.

By Violet J

May 06, 2016

awesome! a bit hard, but i,m only 10. Thank you, edinburgh!

By YuYang

Aug 29, 2017

it's a intersting class

By LaVonia A S

Oct 03, 2015

Enjoyed this course tremendously!

By Ahmad S

Sep 10, 2015

full of informations

By Tom S

Oct 05, 2015

Fantastic introduction to those wishing to apply for Veterinary courses in future, or just those with an interest in animals wishing to further their understanding & care of them.

By Ellis C C

Oct 07, 2016

Really interesting course.

I recommend it to anyone curios about working with animals.

This course made me seriously concidering working as a veterinary assistant in the future, I will look at the possibilites of part time studies to achieve this,

By Laura S

Nov 07, 2016

This course was very interesting and gave insight to the kind of material first year veterinary students would be learning plus history of the profession (mostly the school). The professors present actual anatomical (dissected) organs and histology slides. I also thought the husbandry section well done. The clinical portion is a little weak but understandably, given the medium and safety issues. I still enjoyed it. The history portion is a bit too in depth, I feel, and though interesting, spends a great deal of time on the history of the school and founder itself. They are very enthusiastic though, which is a plus. The course does a lovely job of presenting some of the various studies that go into this rigorous education/career, such as client interaction, anatomy, histology, animal husbandry, and examination skills. It is so much more than just a love for animals. I will certainly look into some of the other animal science-related MOOCs offered by Edinburgh. I had no difficulty in completing this course in one week although I do have a medical background.

By Isabel B

Dec 14, 2016

This was a wonderful course and it built a really strong foundations for my veterinary aspirations! It also set up a basis for some generalised learning which is indipensible and will prove useful over the next few years!

By Holly T

Sep 09, 2015

A really rewarding taste test!

By Mostafa M

Oct 13, 2016

this course is very good especially for any one love to be avet he can know here in this course what he must do and need to be avet

thanks for this useful course

By CHUN H T H

Feb 06, 2018

An interesting introduction to Veterinarian Science. I hope it can offers more insights into the different medical specialisations as well as the difficulties vets encounter in the clinics. I really enjoyed revisiting the materials I learnt years ago in Biology classes.

By Georgia S

Jun 21, 2016

Very insightful.

By Abigail S

Jul 20, 2016

Challenging yet extremely interesting and informative. I now feel more secure in my choice to become a Vet in the future as I have thoroughly enjoyed learning all about different aspects including anatomy, clinical skills and veterinary history

By Kent C