Back to EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian? by The University of Edinburgh

This course is for anyone interested in learning more about Veterinary Medicine, giving a “taster” of courses covered in the first year of a veterinary degree and an idea of what it is like to study Veterinary Medicine....

NR

Feb 25, 2018

This course is very suitable for A level students who want to study Veterinary Medicine at university as it covers the role of a vet as well as teaching some basic skills and knowledge. It is bas

CH

Apr 17, 2017

I took this course so that I could converse on a more professional with my son who is in Vet. School and I enjoyed the course greatly and have already put a lot of what I've learned into conver

176 - 200 of 213 Reviews for EDIVET: Do you have what it takes to be a veterinarian?

By Alex M

Jan 15, 2016

i think these types of courses are great for students wanting to enroll in a veterinary school. thanks for all your support.

By Elise D

Jun 08, 2016

good course, but did not understand some of the content in week 2

By Helena N

Oct 23, 2016

So great but I found the last module about history of veterinary medicine overly long and boring

By Chloe L

Dec 21, 2016

It was a very informative course with a wide variety of videos and additional resources. The only downside, however, was that in some review quizzes (particularly the one for week 5) there were a few questions on subjects that weren't covered in either the videos or the additional resources provided.

By Diana M G

Jan 08, 2017

Muy interesante y práctico, perfecto para quienes piensan estudiarlo en un futuro. Está bien explicado, así que es posible entenderlo (aunque esté en otro idioma).

By Emily P

Dec 15, 2015

It was a great course with a very good general overview of veterinary studies and the profession. Week 1 definitely could have been broken up into two weeks!

By Trix S

Oct 04, 2015

Some videos are quite long and repetitive but overall, it's fantastic.

By 林诗昆

Feb 15, 2016

挺好玩的,作为一个文科生虽然有些头疼,但好歹是学下来了。

By Jéssica Y K

Sep 24, 2015

Very helpful to get the basic knowledge of a vet.

By silbi s

Apr 17, 2016

It was an interesting course. I just wish I learned more about medical conditions.

By Quantina B

Sep 18, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I learned much about myself and have a clearer picture around whether a career in veterinary medicine would still be a good fit for me. (dream I put off #life) I believe a combination of hands on study would help me to further my academic skills within this field. Additionally, I was very challenged in ways I didn't expect and in other areas where I expected a deficiency in my learning there was none. Either way I succeeded and passed my tests and assessments successfully and was able to delve deeper into areas I hadn't dreamed I would. The only suggestion I have is utilization of an interactive video for blood flow through the heart which would be greatly beneficial to many including myself. Thank you for such an engaging and engrossing program.

By He W

Sep 27, 2016

Thank you for everything in this course, it open a door for me. I like animals and I like to take care of them, during my career, I always thinking to change my job to become a vet. This lesson give me a lot of consideration about my future career. Thank you.

By Desmond B

Jul 26, 2016

A great introduction to the variety of knowledge and skills a first year veterinary student encounters. Found the content regarding animal care, body systems and clinical skills interesting.

By Anita G

Jan 02, 2017

Excellent insight in case you want to become a veterinarian!

By Huey S K

May 31, 2016

Great course if you want to know more about the program in Edinburgh. It's also great for those curious about the profession!

By Wenyi L

Nov 06, 2015

初步了解了一些当兽医的基础知识和专业知识,不过都不太深入。非常喜欢第二周的课程,有大量标本可以看。

By Sandra R

Apr 28, 2017

I Enjoyed taking this course. Very informative.

By Jm K

Jul 05, 2016

Great lectures and information. I wasn't terribly interested in all of the Week 5 lessons, but still I definitely acknowledge that history is important.

By Terri M

Nov 18, 2016

The only thing stopping me from rating 5 stars is that there are questions on the quizzes that are not covered in the lectures or supplementary material. So be sure to have your Google window open and ready during the quiz.

Otherwise, I love the course and am happy to give it a 4 star rating for the quality of the lectures.

By 樊莹娣

Apr 27, 2016

it is great! i have learnt a lot from it.

By Christina M

Feb 17, 2016

Nice introductory information. I do wish it had gone more in depth in certain topics, like common diseases, biology, and treatments, but it was a decent first look at vet work. I am glad they covered things like client issues, working with the public, and the structure of exams. I enjoyed the focus on the Dick school's history, and Edinburgh's place in veterinary history. It's cool to see an online course that focuses on the school's unique standing in the topic covered. Thank you for offering this class!

By Caitlin S

Aug 24, 2016

A nice taster of veterinary courses. However, some information was already review for me from my undergraduate studies in neuroscience and biology, and although the later weeks were new information, I didn't actually learn a lot of new information. But it was a nice refresher and was easy and interesting.

By Raymond K B

Nov 26, 2016

The knowledge share is really good, thought provoking as well as precise and straight to the point. Although, it is very basic, it refreshes your minds on veterinary practice and new things are learnt.

By Courtney M

Apr 26, 2017

Wonderful course! Very useful to anybody thinking of pursing a career in veterinary medicine.

By Josh M

Aug 24, 2018

Wonderful. The teachers were amazing and the material was very interesting.