Back to Business English: Meetings

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business English: Meetings by University of Washington

This course will teach you vocabulary and skills related to participating in meetings. You will learn terms and phrases used both in email and in speaking to arrange, participate in, and conclude meetings. The goals of this course are to enable you to participate effectively in on-site meetings and teleconferences and to prepare you to write a proposal as an outcome of a meeting. Course Learning Objectives • Arrange a meeting though email and by telephone • List expectations and protocols related to on-site meetings and teleconferences • State phone numbers, dates, currencies and sales figures accurately • Write a proposal with appropriate organization and vocabulary...

LG

Aug 20, 2020

Now I can say I can feel not only more prepeared but also confident in regards of business communication, the videos and readings coupled with the exercises provide a huge way to learn.

JM

Aug 16, 2020

It was good enrolling for this course, I have learned and gained useful skills in Business English, I will be confidently able to participate and contribute in business meetings.

1 - 25 of 135 Reviews for Business English: Meetings

By Monika A

May 08, 2019

I recommend this course from the bottom of my heart. If you want to learn and improve your Business English skills and knowledge, this course is a perfect choice.

By Umbu E

Mar 31, 2019

I am a lawyer by training. For about three years I was dreaming of developing my knowledge of meetings. In the last two weeks, I spent much time searching the internet for a course that would satisfy my craving in the most convenient way. I thought I should enroll for training in the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria; but just then I found this course on Coursera.org. It has been quite great studying here. The course content is, in fact, more than my expectation. I love the the lecture videos, the tasks and the fact that the videos and transcribed notes can be downloaded for subsequently uses.

By Justus M

Aug 16, 2020

By Diego G

May 16, 2016

All information posted in this course is very useful and completed, I did not really expect found all it at the same place. I am completely grateful for attending this course!

By Faye W

Jun 09, 2017

Thorough and to-the-point, this course has helped me enormously! Thanks to the teachers for clear and well-structured lessons, and to colleagues for their review and support.

By Audrius A

Jul 31, 2020

These courses takes some time, however the fruits are sweet :) on the tasks you need to think, what means really learning. Great courses, recommend it. Useful at work.

By alfred a

Jan 25, 2017

it's a great course offering a great quality of work covering everything i needed to know about meetings and how to handle meetings in a great professional way.

By Wenfei L

Apr 16, 2020

Excellent course with wonderful materials. The two teachers teach very well with all the points clearly structured and explained.

By Ivan K

Oct 12, 2018

Really Good content and learning material. However there were few simple mistakes in the exercises that made the right answers to look wrong. And I felt that some of the peer review assignments needed a better description. Thanks

By Jonathan V V

Jul 31, 2020

There are many aspects to consider for a successful meeting, such as have a good idea of the type of meeting, the items to head the meeting correctly. What the behavior should be when it comes to formal meetings or informal. Writing minutes, designing agendas, creating a proposal, taking notes, the right attitude in a brainstorming meeting as well as detecting if the meeting is becoming inefficient. The video clips are pretty well designed, the material is very professional and the topics are interesting. As opposed to the first course of the specialization, this course includes speaking exercises, not too much, but speaking is now part of the evaluations.

By Ibtihal A B A Y A

Jul 31, 2018

A highly informative, applicable& easy to follow course by absolutely knowledgeable professors. The thorough, well-organized& engaging course content reflects the the professionalism & the extensive knowledge of the professors in this field. Really looking forward to enrolling in other courses by the same professors & the University of Washington . Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to learn from you.

By Jose A R N

Jul 06, 2017

My name is Jose Antonio from Brazil. I am looking for a new Data Scientist career (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseantonio11)

I did this course to complete my CV in English to the area of Data Science.

The course was excellent and the classes well taught by teachers.

Congratulations to Coursera team and Instructors.

Regards.

Jose Antonio.

By SK M S

Oct 02, 2016

The total learning process along with our instructors lectures are presenting extra flavor to our Coursera Community. I feel pride to be a learner associate with the Community. I personally salute and thanks to our Community Mentors for their excellent contribution to perform these holy responsibilities. Thanks again to them.

By Jevgeni K

Sep 23, 2020

Very useful course as for those just studying business English and also for the experienced ones. Was quite useful to me to get the insights about the professional way of conducting and participating in Meetings and I grasped nice examples. Many thanks to lecturers and whole Coursera team. Best regards, JK.

By Karolina M G

Sep 13, 2017

The course is very good. It has answered many questions which I've had for a long time, but there was nowhere to find answers, and here I found them. I'd like to thank the instructors and everybody who was involved in creating this course for such a great job they've done. Thank you.

By Морозов Е А

Jun 19, 2020

I would like to express out my gratitude for such a wonderful opportunity to improve my English. It was a pleasure to be a part of this course and I hope to take part in the next courses. I am fully convinced that it was another capstone in building my career.

By Verbilovich I I

Aug 19, 2020

I highly appreciate the course. The materials are great and useful. All the assighnments are interesting.

I have some questions about peer's review because sometimes it's unfair.

I can recommend the course it will be great for your job.

By Jafed E G

Jul 06, 2019

By Oscar C

Aug 31, 2020

I liked the course at all.

The platform is very user friendly.

The content help us to deal with meeting, the examples are from real world.

The pronunciation of the teachers and peoples involved is very clear and helpfully.

By Luis G

Aug 20, 2020

By Jorge A G L

Jan 26, 2017

It is an excelllent course. Helps me a lot. The quality of the information it is great and it has a very good objetives to reach in every week. Thanks so much for this kind of course.

By Raffaello C

Aug 04, 2020

I can't imagine learning thing like brainstorming and planning a meeting: thinking about them as things that you can learn only with experience.

I'm wrong: thanks to this course!

By Diana X C L

May 26, 2019

I'm happy to recommend this Business English Meeting course. It reviews and reinforces important skills to effectively deliver the desired messages in business meetings.

By IVAN D A A

Aug 12, 2016

BEM is an important course which gives us knowledge and practical experiences about how to organize, plan and develop a successful meeting.

By Graziela H d S

Aug 28, 2020

Great course, gives you knowledge to develop and improve your communication and writing in english.

Very well knowledge professors.