Back to Camera Control

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Camera Control by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course Two of Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR! Now that you have a broad understanding of the various types of cameras, the importance of setting up Menus and Functions to gain control in your photography, and the difference between Auto and Program exposure modes, you are ready to move into even greater Camera Control! In these 4 Modules we will concentrate on gaining the knowledge necessary to make use of Exposure Modes, Light Metering, Effects of various ISO settings, Lens options, using Shutter Speeds to convey aspects of Time in both documentary and creative ways, and exploring the controlled focus effects that Depth of Field Principles make possible. You will also continue to make new photographs and, if you are a subscriber to the specialization, continue interacting with your fellow learners as you share photographs for Peer Review. You will also confirm your knowledge through completion of quizzes and written responses. Let's get started with Module One!...

CL

Feb 13, 2018

The instructors are incredibly knowledgeable. The projects are instructional and test you to learn, try, etc. It made me think of new ways to capture images and inspired me to photograph every day!

AT

Dec 02, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

1 - 25 of 209 Reviews for Camera Control

By Karen W

Nov 19, 2018

Excellent topics presented in a compelling and thoughtful manner.

By Shamily K

Jan 27, 2019

I like to learn a lot from ur teaching

By Amy E

Jan 16, 2019

great course! I have had a long-term interest in photography but hadn't had the background basics that this course provides. Super-helpful.

By joy o

Feb 19, 2019

very informative and fun too

By SURAJIT D

Feb 07, 2019

I loved it.

By Owen M

Apr 05, 2019

I have learnt a lot more about my camera control than I had in the past. I have enjoyed the pace and subject matter of this course

By Priyanka F P

Apr 14, 2019

Excellent technical information!

By Liene D

Mar 13, 2019

Thank you!

By Michael R H

Mar 13, 2019

Most excellent course! I really enjoyed successfully learning various photographic techniques to successfully write with light and express content in the frame that I wish to create!!

By Jean B

Feb 13, 2019

Great course. Starts to take you out of your comfort zone and start to really explore. I loved the action and stop action assignments.

By Diana C

Jul 24, 2017

Really good course. Help me understand a lot of my camera and my capabilities of expressing my emotion thought photos. Of course, a lot of individually exercises are necessary.

By Grace K

Nov 13, 2017

Great course for a novice photographer with a point and shoot camera. Some information was not applicable to my camera, but the knowledge was good to know. I have really enjoyed the challenge.

Grace

By Natasa S

May 25, 2017

Excellent course. Give beginners opportunity to learn in a slow pace.

By Bhupendra S

Aug 09, 2016

Awesome

By Sebastián G A

Dec 23, 2016

It is a great course everything is explained and the extra material is great.

By Kashif A

May 16, 2016

I am in love with coursera team, Faculty and their work for the youth and people who are trying to get educated and don't have the resources to do so.

Keep up the good work.

By Siddharth A

Jul 18, 2017

Another course complete and so much learnt from some of the great photographers and instructors out there. The approach of teaching a technique and core concepts related to it is simply amazing. This course is really recommended for new and seasoned photographers alike.

By Saira T

Apr 17, 2016

Brilliant course with fantastic professors who explain everything in the easiest way.

By Ibrahim Y

Mar 04, 2017

very enlightening and interesting course.

By Sonia V

Apr 18, 2017

this course should be the first one of the whole specialization. They are all so good!

By adrianne

Mar 23, 2016

I watched all videos over 3 days! Looking forward to next course.

By Viet T

Nov 23, 2016

Basic knowledge about photograph, but It is so useful and great for me, an armature guide. Thanks teachers so much.

By Jesudunsin J