Back to Camera Control

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Camera Control by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course Two of Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR! Now that you have a broad understanding of the various types of cameras, the importance of setting up Menus and Functions to gain control in your photography, and the difference between Auto and Program exposure modes, you are ready to move into even greater Camera Control! In these 4 Modules we will concentrate on gaining the knowledge necessary to make use of Exposure Modes, Light Metering, Effects of various ISO settings, Lens options, using Shutter Speeds to convey aspects of Time in both documentary and creative ways, and exploring the controlled focus effects that Depth of Field Principles make possible. You will also continue to make new photographs and, if you are a subscriber to the specialization, continue interacting with your fellow learners as you share photographs for Peer Review. You will also confirm your knowledge through completion of quizzes and written responses. Let's get started with Module One!...

DA
Feb 12, 2018

The instructors are incredibly knowledgeable. The projects are instructional and test you to learn, try, etc. It made me think of new ways to capture images and inspired me to photograph every day!

AT
Dec 1, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

151 - 175 of 411 Reviews for Camera Control

By David A

May 30, 2017

Really enjoyed this one and have already incorporated the techniques to my everyday.

By Ygor G S

Jun 25, 2016

For people interested in deeper knowledge of photography this is the course to take!

By Alexandra L

Jul 6, 2017

After this course I'm able to explore my camera and make photos that I'm proud off.

By Néstor A B L

Dec 5, 2016

Excelent course with very good sugestions for meking yourself a good photographer.

By Rafid C

Aug 22, 2020

The course experience was really amazing! Professional and cool course structure.

By Atul S

May 6, 2019

wonderful course - precise and a great learning experience. thanks to our mentors

By Sylwia D

Nov 29, 2017

Very interesting course, very informative and very well done! Have learnt a lot!

By 高飞

Apr 16, 2017

I love this course, it gave me confidence to restart my interest in photograph.

By Carlos T

Nov 9, 2019

Loved it! Gives me insights on better control and knowledge of my photograpphy

By LUIS F C T

Jul 20, 2020

it was really nice to learn and practice , good tips nad very well explained

By Sebastián G A

Dec 23, 2016

It is a great course everything is explained and the extra material is great.

By Kathia V

Mar 9, 2021

Muy enriquecedor y bien explicado. Love the way teachers teach, so amazing!

By Doris J

Apr 28, 2019

Very beneficial on how to set up my new camera to obtain detailed results.

By Mawalle K H M D

Aug 23, 2020

The subject material was very useful and the teaching method was on point

By NIKHIL S

Jul 8, 2020

I like this course. The teaching style of Peter Glendinning is fantastic.

By Luisa Y M

Apr 7, 2020

Great content, well organized, and dynamic. I enjoyed learning this way.

By Jonathan H D A - @

Oct 22, 2019

Sure, Accurate, and with the issues that matter to practice and improve.

By Dee A

Feb 23, 2017

Makes the more difficult photographic topics MUCH easier to understand!!

By Paul H

Apr 18, 2017

Great fun, learnt a lot, and loved doing the peer-reviewed assignments.

By Swastik P

Sep 29, 2020

Learned a lot from this course. Thanks Peter and Mark and all my peers

By Jason F E

Jun 29, 2020

Great teaching! Great content! I'm so glad I signed up this sequence.

By Natasa S A

May 25, 2017

Excellent course. Give beginners opportunity to learn in a slow pace.

By Donald L

Aug 9, 2016

Great, been learning so much through this course. Highly recommended.

By Pollyanna A R

Sep 21, 2017

Great course! I'm learning a lot and it's really easy to understand.

By Oluwaseun O O

Oct 23, 2016

getting really back to the basic makes a good foundation to build on