Back to Camera Control

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Camera Control by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course Two of Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR! Now that you have a broad understanding of the various types of cameras, the importance of setting up Menus and Functions to gain control in your photography, and the difference between Auto and Program exposure modes, you are ready to move into even greater Camera Control! In these 4 Modules we will concentrate on gaining the knowledge necessary to make use of Exposure Modes, Light Metering, Effects of various ISO settings, Lens options, using Shutter Speeds to convey aspects of Time in both documentary and creative ways, and exploring the controlled focus effects that Depth of Field Principles make possible. You will also continue to make new photographs and, if you are a subscriber to the specialization, continue interacting with your fellow learners as you share photographs for Peer Review. You will also confirm your knowledge through completion of quizzes and written responses. Let's get started with Module One!...

DA
Feb 12, 2018

The instructors are incredibly knowledgeable. The projects are instructional and test you to learn, try, etc. It made me think of new ways to capture images and inspired me to photograph every day!

AT
Dec 1, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

76 - 100 of 411 Reviews for Camera Control

By Ryan P

Aug 30, 2017

This is an awesome course that is very informative and practical. The content of the course is delivered in a very digestible way, even for all skill levels.

By Edgar A R E

Aug 16, 2020

Great course, it reinforces your knowledge obtained in the first course, Peter and Mark lay the grounds for you to explore your creative side of photography.

By Joanne M M

Nov 21, 2020

This course is helpful to play with the settings of your camera. I can use what I learned from this course to capture what I want to convey through photos.

By Natalie F

Nov 13, 2019

Extremely informative. A course that is worth every penny. learned a great deal of new information and skills to use for the rest of my photography career.

By Dr. A K

Jul 16, 2020

Very simple and nice preparation by the guides and i feel it would be great to go through all the courses offered by them. Thanks to both the guides.

By SWIFT G L

Jun 7, 2021

I am so appreciative and will love to progress deeper ,I thank everyone for the opportunity giving me.my Jehovah bless you more and more. Thank you.

By Maksym K

Oct 12, 2020

Very useful condense sometimes easy sometimes difficult explanations of technical aspects. Just enough practice to discover modes never used before

Jun 1, 2021

Great class. Enjoyed the assignments. Learned a great deal. Stop action. Depth of field. Blurred action. Opened my eyes on what a camera can do.

By Panagiotis B

Feb 19, 2021

Just two great professors, thorough and friendly as well. I really enjoyed the balance between the technical and artistic content of the course.

By Jessica N

Aug 23, 2020

Wonderful course! I learned so much and feel so much more confident about how to use my camera and how to make photos in manual mode. Thank you!

By Edgar M

Oct 13, 2016

Very detailed but understandable except for one of the tests...The references made are very difficult to correlate with the answer being sought.

By Maggie S

Jan 26, 2018

I'm not an expert yet and may never be - but I'm far more comfortable now with my camera's controls and my photography is improving.

Thank you!

By Вікторія О

Nov 14, 2020

This is the best photography course! I learned a lot about the capabilities of my camera. Many thanks to Professors Glendinning and Sallivan!

By ahmed m m m

Oct 10, 2018

I enjoyed yhis course alot as it showed me lots of technique i was always wonderig about.

Thanks peter and mark,i truely appreciate your help

By Jean B

Feb 13, 2019

Great course. Starts to take you out of your comfort zone and start to really explore. I loved the action and stop action assignments.

By Luiz G G

Dec 23, 2017

What an amazing course. I am a hobbist and this course gave me an amazing material for controling my camera and taking the best of it.

By Renata V G D R

Dec 14, 2020

Good course, full of valuable info. Professors are great. The only issue os the peer review. All we get is a "good", no explanation.

By Thilina J

Sep 16, 2020

Great course to understand composition, exposure and many photography techniques and theories with good guidance and self practice.

By Anyela W F

Apr 27, 2020

Thank you so much!! I am very happy to learn with you the beautiful art of photography. Thank you, Masters Peter and Mark Sullivan.

By Hicham B H

Jan 4, 2021

excellent course, full of helpful instructions and tutorials.

thanks Coursera, thanks Michigan State university, thanks professors.

By Owen M

Apr 4, 2019

I have learnt a lot more about my camera control than I had in the past. I have enjoyed the pace and subject matter of this course

By Vinko B

May 12, 2021

I liked the course a lot. It helps me to learn more about photography and guides me along my path to become better photographer.

By Williams J

Mar 30, 2021

Excellent course, I used this to better understand how to use my camera in manual mode to get the best photographs that I can.

By Sharon D

Feb 2, 2018

I knew some of the information, but having in an orderly presentation and with the practice photos and reviews was beneficial.

By carlos l m

Oct 7, 2020

Excelente los conceptos y las practicas ...dan mucha claridad en su manejo y opciones de investigar mucho mas alla del curso.