Back to Camera Control

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Camera Control by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course Two of Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR! Now that you have a broad understanding of the various types of cameras, the importance of setting up Menus and Functions to gain control in your photography, and the difference between Auto and Program exposure modes, you are ready to move into even greater Camera Control! In these 4 Modules we will concentrate on gaining the knowledge necessary to make use of Exposure Modes, Light Metering, Effects of various ISO settings, Lens options, using Shutter Speeds to convey aspects of Time in both documentary and creative ways, and exploring the controlled focus effects that Depth of Field Principles make possible. You will also continue to make new photographs and, if you are a subscriber to the specialization, continue interacting with your fellow learners as you share photographs for Peer Review. You will also confirm your knowledge through completion of quizzes and written responses. Let's get started with Module One!...

DA
Feb 12, 2018

The instructors are incredibly knowledgeable. The projects are instructional and test you to learn, try, etc. It made me think of new ways to capture images and inspired me to photograph every day!

AT
Dec 1, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

126 - 150 of 376 Reviews for Camera Control

By SHARON S L R

Jul 20, 2020

Great course. The videos are great tools to learn, they have all the information needed.

By Bappy P J

this course is about camera control.I learned something new after completing this course

By Eduardo r

Apr 16, 2019

WOW I MEAN WOOOW it’s awesome i really enjoy learning from what a MASTERS in photography

By Sanjeev K G

Feb 11, 2017

Now I can just go on to area of controls with ease keeping in mind the desired results,

By Julie L O I

Mar 22, 2016

I juist started course 2 ... and loving it!!!!

A lot to learn about!

Thank you Coursera!

By Mahima A

Jul 17, 2020

A VERY INFORMATIVE COURSE. GAINED NEW EXPERIENCES AND SKILL SET BECAUSE OF THE COURSE.

By Sonia V

Apr 17, 2017

this course should be the first one of the whole specialization. They are all so good!

By Saira T

Apr 17, 2016

Brilliant course with fantastic professors who explain everything in the easiest way.

By Blair M

Dec 5, 2020

Great examples in the lectures. The peer-review and projects were the most fun part.

By Adwitiya H

Dec 11, 2017

Indeed, I learned to control my camera. I really enjoyed the assignments. Thank you!

By David A

May 30, 2017

Really enjoyed this one and have already incorporated the techniques to my everyday.

By Ygor G S

Jun 25, 2016

For people interested in deeper knowledge of photography this is the course to take!

By Alexandra L

Jul 6, 2017

After this course I'm able to explore my camera and make photos that I'm proud off.

By Néstor A B L

Dec 5, 2016

Excelent course with very good sugestions for meking yourself a good photographer.

By Rafid C

Aug 22, 2020

The course experience was really amazing! Professional and cool course structure.

By Atul S

May 6, 2019

wonderful course - precise and a great learning experience. thanks to our mentors

By Sylwia D

Nov 29, 2017

Very interesting course, very informative and very well done! Have learnt a lot!

By 高飞

Apr 16, 2017

I love this course, it gave me confidence to restart my interest in photograph.

By Carlos T

Nov 9, 2019

Loved it! Gives me insights on better control and knowledge of my photograpphy

By LUIS F C T

Jul 20, 2020

it was really nice to learn and practice , good tips nad very well explained

By Sebastián G A

Dec 23, 2016

It is a great course everything is explained and the extra material is great.

By Doris J

Apr 28, 2019

Very beneficial on how to set up my new camera to obtain detailed results.

By Mawalle K H M D

Aug 23, 2020

The subject material was very useful and the teaching method was on point

By NIKHIL S

Jul 8, 2020

I like this course. The teaching style of Peter Glendinning is fantastic.

By Luisa Y M

Apr 7, 2020

Great content, well organized, and dynamic. I enjoyed learning this way.