Back to Camera Control

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Camera Control by Michigan State University

Welcome to Course Two of Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR! Now that you have a broad understanding of the various types of cameras, the importance of setting up Menus and Functions to gain control in your photography, and the difference between Auto and Program exposure modes, you are ready to move into even greater Camera Control! In these 4 Modules we will concentrate on gaining the knowledge necessary to make use of Exposure Modes, Light Metering, Effects of various ISO settings, Lens options, using Shutter Speeds to convey aspects of Time in both documentary and creative ways, and exploring the controlled focus effects that Depth of Field Principles make possible. You will also continue to make new photographs and, if you are a subscriber to the specialization, continue interacting with your fellow learners as you share photographs for Peer Review. You will also confirm your knowledge through completion of quizzes and written responses. Let's get started with Module One!...

DA
Feb 12, 2018

The instructors are incredibly knowledgeable. The projects are instructional and test you to learn, try, etc. It made me think of new ways to capture images and inspired me to photograph every day!

AT
Dec 1, 2017

Great course structure. Great Professors and Mentors. This course has really help me grow a lot as a photographer. I'm so thankful to Coursera & MSU for putting such a great course for learners.

51 - 75 of 377 Reviews for Camera Control

By Martin C

Dec 4, 2020

Much learning, much knowledge. Eternally grateful to professors Mark and Peter for the dedication, intelligence, disposition and quality of teaching that they gave me. I am very excited indeed.

By John G

Oct 7, 2016

This has an really great course of this Specialization, one the best I've ever taken, online or 'real' (and I have taken a lot, two Masters Degrees and PhD studies). Peter and Mark are awesome!

By Chandler C

Sep 21, 2020

Helped me become a more detailed photographer, had a few setbacks but still made great photos in the end. Hope to have muscle memory of this knowledge and continue to be a better photographer.

By Jannice P

Aug 10, 2019

Great classes, and photograph assignments, to help you improve, and be confident in your work. It helps you learn more about technical terms, and how to apply those things you have learned.

By PRASAD V J

The course gives us in depth insight to different functionalities of camera. Also peer review assignments makes us think and apply the learned knowledge.

Thank you MVPS'S KBTCOE & Coursera!

By Guidinchy F

Nov 10, 2016

I always thought that the photos are in focus right eral perfectamenet, without anything that moved.

Today that capture the motion with my camar is an artistic way of expressing my vision!

By Michael R H

Apr 29, 2020

Most excellent course! I really enjoyed successfully learning various photographic techniques to successfully write with light and express content in the frame that I wish to create!!

By crystal j l

Jul 25, 2016

Peter & Mark hit a home run with this course, very thorough , great advice,this was a course full of knowledge and at the same time I truly enjoyed their way of delivering the content.

By Bruce E

Jul 8, 2018

Another great course. I learned something very important on this course, something that I was doing wrong that effected the quality of my photographs; thanks so much!Bruce Edgar

By M. D G

Mar 9, 2017

The course is well laid out and the explanations are concise and perfectly clear. Ideas are laid down clearly and the student can continue his/her explorations. Good job.

By Yash K

Dec 1, 2020

A lot of great info to demystify the key concepts that separate a beginner from a pro photographer - I look forward to applying this knowledge in all future pictures I capture.

By REBECA R

Aug 12, 2020

I like very much this course, I've learned to understand more my camera, just what I want to learn. Thank you very much, god bless you. Mr Peter and Mr Mark are great teachers.

By Diana C

Jul 24, 2017

Really good course. Help me understand a lot of my camera and my capabilities of expressing my emotion thought photos. Of course, a lot of individually exercises are necessary.

By Dawn Z

Jun 23, 2016

I learned so much in this course, I would recommend this and the previous courses being offered in the specialization Photography Basics and Beyond from Smartphone to DSLR.

By Kashif A

May 16, 2016

I am in love with coursera team, Faculty and their work for the youth and people who are trying to get educated and don't have the resources to do so.

Keep up the good work.

By Shiloh R

Oct 30, 2016

This corse was awesome and fun. I enjoyed the lessons and getting out taking photos. I feel that I learning a lot and am learning how to use my camera more efficiently.

By Arun K S

Aug 11, 2016

Simple yet comprehensively explained course that inspires confidence in beginners and I guess works, as a good platform for amature photographers to brushup the basics.

By S M S H

Jul 30, 2020

This course really helped in camera controlling, depth of field learning, blurred, freezey moment capturing. I would recommend this course to newby photographers.

By Michael M

Jul 29, 2020

This course and the specialization have given me confidence that I can continue building my photography skills and possibly switch career paths in the future.

By Prof. S M

May 9, 2020

Its one of the great course in photography, I have checked, but if we have a little part of artificial light also, it would be a great help for the students.

By Ryan P

Aug 30, 2017

This is an awesome course that is very informative and practical. The content of the course is delivered in a very digestible way, even for all skill levels.

By Edgar A R E

Aug 16, 2020

Great course, it reinforces your knowledge obtained in the first course, Peter and Mark lay the grounds for you to explore your creative side of photography.

By Joanne M M

Nov 21, 2020

This course is helpful to play with the settings of your camera. I can use what I learned from this course to capture what I want to convey through photos.

By Natalie F

Nov 13, 2019

Extremely informative. A course that is worth every penny. learned a great deal of new information and skills to use for the rest of my photography career.

By Dr. A K

Jul 16, 2020

Very simple and nice preparation by the guides and i feel it would be great to go through all the courses offered by them. Thanks to both the guides.