Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students, University of Pittsburgh

About this Course

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

By FB

Jan 02, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

By SH

Aug 26, 2017

I found this course to be very helpful. It was thought out, it was clear, it made you think critically. It changed your mind set intentionally for learning purposes, and it was effective for me.

98 Reviews

By Mita Majumdar

Mar 25, 2019

Tough course, I need a lot more reading and reviewing. But the course was covered for beginners very well.

By Stephanie

Mar 23, 2019

Thorough and comprehensive

By Jesús Acosta

Mar 17, 2019

I learned many new things, that is vital for me. thanks for the course. I will recommend it

By nadia abbassidi

Mar 10, 2019

Cours intéressant. L'approche est très pédagogique.

By Asma Telaidji

Mar 02, 2019

Amazing course! Everyone who's considering to be a health provider should take this course.

By Nguyen Vu Hong Phuc

Feb 27, 2019

It is really good course

By Jan B

Feb 26, 2019

The course was very well organized, informative, great reference material, user friendly and it is giving me a good foundation to start my new path in life!! Thank you so much!!!

By Moonyoung Song

Feb 21, 2019

It was very helpful. I will visit here for help with my work for translation in the medical field whenever i need help.

By Jennifer Latimer

Feb 18, 2019

The course was informative and helpful. Along with other factors, this course has made me more interested in pursuing a degree in nursing. However, this course could have been more challenging with its quizzes. Even then, the last week of the course challenged me to think outside of the parameters of the course. This course lacked many medical terms and abbreviations, but as an introduction course, it was very informative. I leave the class knowing more medical terminology than I knew before entering the class and feel more prepared to enter a medical career.

By Priyanka Rana

Feb 07, 2019

A very detailed course - delivered in a simple effective way!!