Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB
Jan 1, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

ER
Apr 15, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.\n\nThis course is very useful for me as a medical product translator to get an understanding of the actual clinical environment.

51 - 75 of 610 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By Conner D

Apr 11, 2021

I am very happy with the course content. While I wish there was more interaction in the earlier weeks of the course, the information is invaluable and presented in a straightforward manner. I am very glad I spent the time to take this course, it was worth it. Dr. Swigart seems very nice, and I appreciate her wanting to share her knowledge online with a global community.

By Mark C

Apr 11, 2020

As someone who needed a certificate but has advance knowledge in the medical field I found this course to be well taught and guided to common/specific terms used. It as well teaches discussions between patient/provider and between healthcare workers. Great class that should greatly ease learners to the language needed to operate in the medical field.

By Epitacia C

Jul 3, 2018

Greetings from Colombia.This is a very good course. I learned a lot of medical terminology in English. The topics that correspond to the doctor were hard for me. Those that correspond to the nursing staff were very easy, because that is what I know how to do. Many thanks to the University of Pennsylvania for offering this free course to us.

By isabella i t m

Mar 22, 2020

Un curso muy completo, digerible y práctico. Los creadores fueron muy precisos con los objetivos educativos lo cual hace mas fácil y rápido el aprendizaje, a pesar de su contenido en idioma Ingles (mi lengua materna es español). Sin embargo, se recomienda tener mínimo un nivel intermedio de ingles para el completo entendimiento del curso

By Halyna Y

May 28, 2021

Great course for someone who interested in US medical care, equipment and communication between nurses-patients-doctors. Great examples and chalanging quizes after are waiting for you! Also course will be useful for proffesional who is going to take a shadowing or other types of exchanging a medical expirience in US. Highly recommend!

By María A B

Apr 17, 2019

This course is very well organized in six weeks, the information learnt over these weeks was completely useful and rewarding for the student to acquire. The videos and activities were helpful to picture all the ideas and contents studied during the course. I'm very glad to have participated in this course. Thank you very much.

By Nathan E M

Oct 15, 2018

Very good course for learning how to speak with medical terms. I have had no real training in the health care field, but I work at a hospital and I want to get ahead in the administrative side of health care. This was a great course for the person taking his first health care baby steps. Next step is Intro to Human Anatomy.

By Zobia

Jun 17, 2020

It was really helpful how the teachers taught us in the most efficient way.I was doubtful at first,but later on,when the information began to sank into my mind, I felt satisfied. I am thankful to the institution for providing us the best course and I feel more confident working in the medical field now.

Thank you so much.

By Ricardo V F

Jul 23, 2020

A very well designed training, with updated terminology, explained in a very simple and efficient manner. It has proven to be very helpful for my work and has broadened my language, allowing me to be of better assistance to the medical providers as well as to the patients. Thank you for this opportunity...

By Dr. T L

Sep 29, 2020

I sometimes could not open the Audio file and could not listen to answer the question, and I was so busy last month. That's why I delayed to submit the assignments. Thanks a lot to give me a chance to finish this course and encourage me. I really appreciate your kindness. I'm grateful and enjoy to learn

By Vinaya D

Jun 29, 2020

This course was really helpful. In a simple and systematic way i understood the topics and also took notes for my future reference. I really liked doing the practice quizzes, i could easily do the tests because this course improvises and gives a clear understanding about the clinical knowledge.

By Juan P R M

Aug 5, 2020

This course is very helpfully for introduce into the clinical terminology of U.S. As a foreign student, from Colombia, who speak spanish and who is learning medicine in spanish is a good contribution for my future plans to study in U.S. thank you pitrsburg university for this awesome course

By Maria L H

Aug 9, 2021

I​ really liked it. It's well-paced, the information is clear, and I liked that it has videos, readings and practice exercises. I got a sense I was not only learning the theory but also putting it into practice. I enjoyed it very much and actually already recommended it to a friend!

By Ajohna H

Jun 10, 2021

I found this course to be very enlightening and easy to follow. The lessons and exercises were instrumental for Medical Coding. The course allowed me an opportunity to experience what Medical Coding may entail. Thank you for the wealth of information I retained from this course!

By I-Ting W

Oct 4, 2020

The instructor speaks really clear and has a calm demeanor. I felt comfort and joyful while watching videos which increasing my motivation to learn. Quizzes after each section are useful too.This course is suitable for beginners and beneficial for whom needs review abbreviations. :)

By Nguyễn T M P

Mar 28, 2020

I really like this course and recommend for those who are beginners and still want to learn clinical terminology. Thanks to this course, now I can understand some common abbreviations in hospitals. In addition, I can creat myself medical terminology from prefixes, root and sufixes.

By Imene f

Jul 5, 2020

this course is very informative and valuable , as an international medical student i did my studies in french so this course was an amazing opportunity to learn essential terms and key words in both languages . i want the thank the talented staff and the university of Pittsburgh.

By MOHAMMED N K

Jun 30, 2020

One of the best courses available online to gain solid understanding of Clinical Terminology.The modules are designed to help the learner grasp the crux of the subject in a very easy manner.A big shoutout to the tutors & University of Pittsburg for making such a wonderful course.

By Boni H

Dec 31, 2020

This was a very helpful course. The lessons were very easy to understand and I have excellent notes now to act as a jumping off point for interpreting doctor's notes. I currently work for an endocrinologist and already I am understanding notes and orders better in the office.

By Shaburova N

Oct 13, 2017

The most interesting and useful course I have compleated so far! Now I can easily read medical notes and records, decypher some of analysis. Overall the course give you the perfect understanding of the main medical terms and diseases. Highly recomend!Thank you, dear teachers!

By Phillycia B

Oct 20, 2017

This course was a bit challenging but very informative. The experience and knowledge i have gained while doing this course is way beyond what i could have ever imagine. I must extend thanks to my lectures,and all who have aided in this course being a successful one for me.

By Masami Y

Jan 13, 2020

I appreciate very much for this course - I can review my knowledge with my own pace, and the exercises are very helpful for actual settings. This course is very helpful not only for students who would like to be an M.D. but also for any professionals working in a hospital.

By 朱婕

May 1, 2017

it is so an amazing and excellent course! i am honor to have the chance to learn this course. it is interesting and practical. it enriches my life. i am from China. it provides a new access to learn RN. i will always recommend this course to my friends and colleagues.

By Agustina F

Mar 7, 2021

I absolutely loved this course! It covers a variety of topics, and the content is very easy to read and interiorize. Having a Clinical Terminology dictionary is very useful as well. I definitely recommend it for those who want to learn about Medical Terminology.

By Diego D

Sep 2, 2020

Very good course, it explains the definitions of the words you may hear in a hospital or clinical unit, which is very good for people who want to work as doctors, nurses, etc in the U.S. or another english-spoken hospital. I totally recommend this course!