Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB

Jan 02, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

ER

Apr 16, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.\n\nThis course is very useful for me as a medical product translator to get an understanding of the actual clinical environment.

51 - 75 of 141 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By Guman D

Jan 21, 2017

This course is great. I can totally understand how to communicate with each other in a US clinical unit.

By Shaburova N

Oct 13, 2017

The most interesting and useful course I have compleated so far! Now I can easily read medical notes and records, decypher some of analysis. Overall the course give you the perfect understanding of the main medical terms and diseases. Highly recomend!Thank you, dear teachers!

By Markovic J

Jul 15, 2017

Good one!

By Carla C

Nov 10, 2017

Excelent!

By Marja A K

Dec 11, 2017

My deepliest gratitude to professors: Valerie Swigart, Ph.D. R.N. and, Michael Gold, Ph.D.

Excellent course !!!!

Thanks Coursera !!

By Claudia B

Jul 03, 2018

I am very glad I took this course, it was very helpfuld an easy to add to my daily schedule.

By Gen L

Feb 01, 2017

That's a great idea!

By Tara V

Feb 09, 2018

I loved this course. A lot of it I was surprised I already knew but I learned so much information beyond it.

By Amolika S

May 08, 2017

A very knowledgable course and perfect presentation of data.

By Karen L O D

Oct 18, 2017

Excelente curso

By Christina M

Aug 17, 2017

This is such a well laid out course! I love the interactive videos and case studies and have learned so much these past few weeks.

By Caitlin D

Apr 14, 2018

It was a lot of information but it was laid out in a very manageable and easy to learn way.

By Teslyn S J B

Jan 15, 2018

Incredibly useful for an international health care student who wants to learn how to successfully communicate in a clinical setting in the US

By Christina K H

Jun 11, 2018

This is a great, simple and easy to understand course .It is stick with till the end

By 曹菊

Jul 09, 2018

It is really helpful!

By 朱婕

May 02, 2017

it is so an amazing and excellent course! i am honor to have the chance to learn this course. it is interesting and practical. it enriches my life. i am from China. it provides a new access to learn RN. i will always recommend this course to my friends and colleagues.

By josue v g

Mar 09, 2018

I am an IMG and recommend this course as preparation if you are going to do an observership, and English is your 2nd or 3rd language. s you may know all the medical stuff, but abbreviations are indeed a big part of the US clinical setting.

I also recommend the list of medical abbreviations published on ECFMG web page; I leave you the link https://www.ecfmg.org/echo/resources.html

By Aimee L

Apr 03, 2018

GReat class, lots of materials and information that will help me in medical field

By Knifer510

Mar 10, 2017

By Carlos F F F

Nov 28, 2016

thank you, this is my first course, and i want to take more courses.

By I K

Oct 29, 2017

The excellent content of the course is given. The course will be useful for all international students

By Marijeimi M

Apr 10, 2017

I have been trying to get a job at largest hospital here in PA. I went through an interview process and I let the parties involved know that I was taking a course on medical terminology from PITT. I believe this was a plus and I would like to thank you for such a wonderful course. It was very challenging since I am not familiarized with the healthcare vocabulary but you guys made it easy with the many resources that were provided. I had fun and spent lots of time researching the internet as well.

The good news is I got the job and I finished the course just in time because I will be starting my new job soon. Thank you Mrs. Swigart and Mr. Gold.

By yue y

Mar 13, 2018

very useful terms

By Swati T

Jun 06, 2017

very informative, easy to understand content.

By Laura C

Apr 29, 2017

Great class for getting acquainted with Medical Terminology!