Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB
Jan 1, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

ER
Apr 15, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.\n\nThis course is very useful for me as a medical product translator to get an understanding of the actual clinical environment.

151 - 175 of 612 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By Rose M R

Jul 23, 2020

Very thorough program where you can learn medical terminology. Also provides you the opportunity to learn the words and abbreviations and how they are used.

By Ana I G S

Es un curso bastante completo, que me ayudó bastante a comprender abreviaciones y encontrar también la mejor manera de comunicar algo en el ambiente médico.

By Deidre W

Nov 24, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and look forward to expanding my knowledge and love for healthcare. This course was fun and challenging and very informative.

By Ely W

May 6, 2018

The content is presented in such a way that it's accommodating to English language learners, slow processors, and those of lower knowledge on the subject.

By Catherine G

May 23, 2020

This course is an excellent introduction to medical terminology.

Thank you Valerie Swigart, PhD, RN, CRNP and your team.

Thanks to University of Pittsburg.

By Flavia R

Sep 25, 2021

T​hat was a very interesting course, full of technical and practical terminology useful for me as a translator of medical documents.

T​hank you.

F​lavia

By Mirabel A

Sep 21, 2021

This course is a godsend to me as far as medical terminology is concerned. The videos and simple language make learning so effortless. Thanks Coursera.

By Do T K C

Feb 29, 2020

Thanks for the course to help beginner to learn medical terminology. This course allows me to read and understand medical conversation in the hospital.

By Marta F

Jun 14, 2021

This course gives you great information to become familiar with terms in the clinical setting. It was challenging yet not too difficult to go through.

By Valentina T L

Oct 31, 2020

This is a very useful course! I highly recommend to take this course if you are a international student and you like to improve your English skills.

By Nahidul I

Jun 28, 2020

This course is very helpful for enhancing knowledge. I learnt a thousands of words I never even heard. Thanks for creating a very important course.

By Kimberly H

Mar 31, 2020

The content was interesting and the multiple methods (reading, videos, vocabulary assignments). All of which assisted with learning and retention.

By Lynn. Z

Aug 15, 2020

very useful, first-hand experience in using medical terms in a clinical setting. Appreciation to the teacher, teaching fellows and the university.

By Paulina M

Nov 11, 2020

A very good course, very informative and with a lot of helpful details. Nicely organized into thematical modules and properly tested afterwards.

By Aastha J

Jul 3, 2020

This course is really amazing. I’ve learned so many things which will be beneficial for me in future. You made E-learning easy and interesting.

By Angelika Z

Jun 17, 2020

This is great. I really enjoyed it and I feel I learned lots. One of the best courses I took. And definitely the best FREE one!

Mrs Kuznetsov .

By Teslyn S J B

Jan 14, 2018

Incredibly useful for an international health care student who wants to learn how to successfully communicate in a clinical setting in the US

By Valentina N P

Sep 22, 2020

Es un curso muy bien diseñado, interactivo y útil para quienes requieran adquirir este tipo de lenguaje y practicar, lo recomiendo bastante.

By Javine A

Jul 18, 2020

I truly enjoyed this course! it has taught me a lot and I feel ready and prepared for my next journey! Thanks to everyone that was involved!

By KAREN S

Apr 8, 2020

While I had some knowledge of medical terminology, this course gave me more of a foundation and helped to put that knowledge in to context.

By Bruna B

Nov 7, 2021

Nice!! I loved knowing more how to interpret the clinical speeches and I also had a lot of deja vus from my prior studies in human health,

By Maryam H

Jun 26, 2020

Thank you so much for this course which helped me to broaden my clinical knowledge about the health care system here in the United States.

By Roberta S

Dec 19, 2020

The course was helpful, informative and well put together. I highly recommend it to anyone starting their journey in the medical field.

By Alejandra R

Nov 8, 2020

Great course and excellent professor. Easy to navigate and very comprehensive modules. Thank you everyone who made this course possible.

By Bethany T

Feb 10, 2020

Very basic course. I was able to do all the quizzes without doing any of the other work and the total course took me less than 2 hours.