Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB

Jan 02, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

ER

Apr 16, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.\n\nThis course is very useful for me as a medical product translator to get an understanding of the actual clinical environment.

26 - 50 of 141 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By Andi C

Mar 08, 2018

It was very helpful and interactive! I recommend this course to anyone who is not that familiar with the clinical terminology used in labs and doctor's offices.

By Ricardo A B

Aug 31, 2017

Extremely useful to international students interested in healthcare in the U.S. and a nice review to U.S. students already employed in a clinical setting. Thank you for the time dedicated to assembling this course, especially the audio files recorded.

By Fatima B

Jan 02, 2018

By Rose Y

May 12, 2018

It's great. Highly recommend.

By Eli A

May 06, 2018

The content is presented in such a way that it's accommodating to English language learners, slow processors, and those of lower knowledge on the subject.

By Vivy

Oct 19, 2017

I am very satisfied and grateful for this course. Thank you so much for doing this online class.

By Ahmed E M E

Jan 30, 2017

great ! and very useful

By Beier L

Dec 10, 2017

p

By David I Q Q

Sep 28, 2017

I LIKE SO MUCH THE CONTENT OF THE COURSE, IT IS SO HELPFULL FOR ME WHO WORK WITH ENGLISH REPORTS. I WILL IMPROVE MY KNOWLEDGE IN MORE CLINICAL TERMINOLOGY BY READING AND DOING RESEARCH. THAKNS SO MUCH

By QUAN Y

Feb 06, 2018

It's very useful.

By Vevangapi K

Jun 25, 2017

Amazing course. Thank you coursera.

By Hilary C

Jun 05, 2018

Terrific class!

By Monika M

Apr 08, 2017

An excellent experience, thanks..

By Aalaa M S

Feb 09, 2018

I like it more ..thanks

By Kiara C

May 22, 2017

Taught me new concepts and reinforced those I already knew. Well put together and fulfilling.

By C C

Oct 18, 2017

Excellent course and well presented. Thank you for this knowledge.

By Jisun

Nov 26, 2017

It was really helpful and useful!

By Sergio A

Sep 17, 2017

Excellent , it helped me through an observership i recently finished in the United States

By Phillycia B

Oct 20, 2017

This course was a bit challenging but very informative. The experience and knowledge i have gained while doing this course is way beyond what i could have ever imagine. I must extend thanks to my lectures,and all who have aided in this course being a successful one for me.

By cristian c o

Aug 17, 2017

Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students is an amazing and very useful course. I think anyone who studies any career related to clinical area should take it.

By anam s

Apr 06, 2018

this course is very helpful

By wbrownley

Mar 09, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. This course gave me the confidence in understanding med terminology.

By Vijaya C

Jul 27, 2017

I find this program very helpful to orient myself with the US hospital setup.

By María E A M

May 05, 2018

Very useful. I had some dodubts about abreviation in pharmacology, and how to write medical notes, and this course helped me a lot.

Also if you can´t finish the curse, they can give you a time extension.

By Judith W

Mar 09, 2017

Love the course hard work and lots of studying but worth it