Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB
Jan 1, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

ER
Apr 15, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.\n\nThis course is very useful for me as a medical product translator to get an understanding of the actual clinical environment.

226 - 250 of 611 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By Abigail C T T

Jun 21, 2021

A fairly practical course, it does not require a lot of time, but it contains a lot of terminology.

By Sevara

Oct 1, 2019

It was a great course experience to improve my medical terminology skills like an international MD.

By Sergey R

Sep 10, 2020

Thank you! It's very interesting course for all medicine people who want to expand their horizons!

By Voronkova O

Aug 3, 2020

Thanks! It was interest for me to knew the terms in english. I'll use it in my work with students.

By Redd K

Mar 9, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. This course gave me the confidence in understanding med terminology.

By Omar M C

Sep 12, 2021

I really enjoyed this course a lot and I am sharing it to many people as a know, thanks a million

By Jean S D

Nov 13, 2020

It was a great experience and I want to have the certificate for this course ! What I have to do?

By Le H T

Mar 30, 2020

After taking this course, I can decode most of medical terms that US student used. Really helpful

By LAHEEB M

Jul 24, 2020

Thank you so much , this course help me alote to understand the difficult medical abbreviation

By Vivy

Oct 19, 2017

I am very satisfied and grateful for this course. Thank you so much for doing this online class.

By Dianna G

Mar 13, 2021

This course is ver helpful for beginners who isn’t aware of any knowledge of the medical field.

By Anupam J

Mar 7, 2021

This Course is very useful for all kind of medical students like Nursing, Clinical , Pharmacist

By NANA T

Sep 17, 2020

I have learnt a lot from the course. And I will continue to learn on coursera.org. Am grateful!

By Edgar G

Sep 26, 2018

Really digestible and can be completed much sooner than the paced weeks, if one is so inclined.

By ANTONIO A P M

Nov 13, 2021

IT WAS AN EXCELLENT WAY TO LEARN MEDICAL VOCABULARY FOR MY CLINICAL EXPERIENCE. THANKS FOR ALL

By Conner A

I learned so much from this class, would reccomend to do if your interested to become a nurse!

By Simone P

Jul 23, 2020

Very interesting course, for improving my english and my knowledge about medical terminology!

By Kiara C

May 22, 2017

Taught me new concepts and reinforced those I already knew. Well put together and fulfilling.

By Elias A

Jul 17, 2020

As a professional translator specializing in the medical arena, this course came very handy.

By Lucas S

Jun 15, 2020

Un excelente curso para todos aquellos que tendrán una experiencia clínica en Estados Unidos

By Nguyen T H

Nov 13, 2019

this course is so great for medical student who wanna learn Medical English

Thanks in million

By Claudia B

Jul 3, 2018

I am very glad I took this course, it was very helpfuld an easy to add to my daily schedule.

By MD. J M

Oct 8, 2020

I highly appreciate the course teachers and the University of Pittsburgh.

By Sandra d S O H

Sep 6, 2020

I learned a lot, my technical knowledge was enriched with good content and great didactics.

By Jesús A

Mar 16, 2019

I learned many new things, that is vital for me. thanks for the course. I will recommend it