Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB

Jan 02, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

ER

Apr 16, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.\n\nThis course is very useful for me as a medical product translator to get an understanding of the actual clinical environment.

126 - 141 of 141 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By Tony C

Jul 29, 2017

Great course. Content was presented clearly and simulations were great.

By Kareem a m d

Nov 15, 2017

very good course

By William C

May 16, 2018

Pretty good class for people brand new to the healthcare world, a little too easy for those who have been in the healthcare field for awhile and are now looking to advance further, like myself. The material could've been somewhat harder or more challenging. Some of the test questions need to be looked at and adjusted to make better sense, some of the questions were misleading in what the correct answer should be. But overall, a very good class that helped reinforce a lot of what I already knew and enlightened me on some things I did not.

By Irene S T

Jan 25, 2017

This course is very complete in terms of vocabulary and helpful for people who haven't been in a hospital or clinic before to get and idea of how these settings work. The only thing I would have wished for this course to have a little more vocabulary is on diseases, conditions and procedures.

By altini

Jul 26, 2017

I've become more comfortable with medical terminology. English is my first language but I'm studying to become a medical interpreter. I wish there were less audio in the multiple choice questions. It loads very slowly. Also, feedback would be nice on the free response questions.

By Michelle P

Jul 09, 2017

The simulations and audio snips made the class much more interesting and valuable than a standard terminology class -many thanks!

By Jen Z

Feb 06, 2017

I liked the course because it allowed me to complete it in my own time. The material was well documented. I would have liked to have my questions answered in real-time and interactively maybe to others taking the course. There were some quiz questions that didn't reflect the material in the course so I got lost and had to find my own answers on the internet. Overall...I would recommend this course to anyone who would like to learn medical terminology.

By Chitra W

Oct 22, 2017

i

By raven

Oct 23, 2017

This was a very useful course, it did what it said, helping me understand the terminology in a clinical setting. As well as comprehend the make up of terminology and the do'sand don't. The only issue were the audio clips were difficult to load on my tablet and had a better chance with them on a pc.

By creed

Oct 22, 2017

a little bit repetitive for the PRS list glossary terms,I mean it's good to get refreshed,but I desire that in different formats rather than a list each time,maybe can consider in a fashion of video,cartoon,etc to make the PRS list even more interesting and picturesque.

By Carla D C M C

May 23, 2019

Although this course was more aimed at nursing and medical students, and not so much at linguists, it's still a valuable resource for both. I like that I can study at my own pace in the comfort of my home. The course was very well organized, with a small hiccup where certain practice quiz content had not been covered yet but was covered in the following chapter. Good resource materials provided. Engaging videos.

By Tuấn H H

Aug 26, 2019

Thank you and wish you always happy.

By Amani A A

Aug 14, 2018

this is a very superficial course. it was very helpful but it lacked depth and continuity

By Juan G R

Aug 24, 2019

the recordings on most of the quizzes and practice quizzes were not working no matter the computer I was on or the browser I was using. Aprt from that I found the course to be very useful and interesting.

By Christina N

Aug 28, 2019

Some of the shorthand used in this course is not relevant in the clinical setting. The videos in week 6 were also cringy in the way the nurses handled the pt and how they carried out the procedures. The way they did things would be flagged immediately in the clinical setting.

Overall though it was a decent learning experience to add to my knowledge of clinical terms, and is a good basic introduction to what you will hear while working in a clinical setting.

By Melisa

Aug 07, 2019

I can't continue with the course because there are audio issues in the quizzes that no one bothers to solve. There are several threads on the forum about this issue, and no response or solution is given. It's a real shame, because the course contents are interesting and useful.