Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB

Jan 02, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

ER

Apr 16, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.\n\nThis course is very useful for me as a medical product translator to get an understanding of the actual clinical environment.

76 - 100 of 141 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By Lauren A J

Dec 17, 2017

splendid!

By Marja A K

Dec 11, 2017

My deepliest gratitude to professors: Valerie Swigart, Ph.D. R.N. and, Michael Gold, Ph.D.

Excellent course !!!!

Thanks Coursera !!

By Claudia B

Jul 03, 2018

I am very glad I took this course, it was very helpfuld an easy to add to my daily schedule.

By Knifer510

Mar 10, 2017

By Carlos F F F

Nov 28, 2016

thank you, this is my first course, and i want to take more courses.

By I K

Oct 29, 2017

The excellent content of the course is given. The course will be useful for all international students

By Salehah O A

Sep 06, 2018

It was great opportunity , thank you

By Edward R

Apr 16, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.

By Maria A b

Apr 18, 2019

This course is very well organized in six weeks, the information learnt over these weeks was completely useful and rewarding for the student to acquire. The videos and activities were helpful to picture all the ideas and contents studied during the course. I'm very glad to have participated in this course. Thank you very much.

By Renelus P M

Apr 17, 2019

My name is Renelus I want to say you thank you for the classes. I am very satisfy honestly I learned so lots it was wonderful even sometimes hard but at the end I got success, I am proud of me . Might God bless you and Thank you again.

By Yasmin S

Apr 21, 2019

This was a wonderful course which I will recommend to others. As a non-health care professional already familiar with some medical terminology, I learnt many new terms and clinical scenarios, while reinforcing and expanding on what I already knew. I also appreciated the resources that came with the course and I will be utilizing them in the future. Thanks to Coursera and their partners for this excellent course!

By Dalia A L A

Great

By saad h o a o

Apr 28, 2019

its agreatcourse for people who are intreast

By Epitacia C

Jul 04, 2018

Greetings from Colombia.This is a very good course. I learned a lot of medical terminology in English. The topics that correspond to the doctor were hard for me. Those that correspond to the nursing staff were very easy, because that is what I know how to do. Many thanks to the University of Pennsylvania for offering this free course to us.

By Gita E

Jun 16, 2019

While interning at UPMC Susquehanna Muncy for the summer, this course really helped me understand what was happening in the ER at any given moment. Even though not all of the terms were used, it was helpful to know when they'd be used and under what context.

I'm not a student at University of Pittsburgh, but I definitely recommend this course to anyone who wants to get more acquainted with medical terminology. The course is still worth the effort because even though I didn't buy a certificate, I feel more confident working in the ER than before. Plus, I was able to finish the course in 3.5 weeks, not 6.

The course is very manageable and definitely a great place for beginners to start.

By Anh D T

Jun 11, 2019

Very usefull

By Tarif N A H

Jul 26, 2019

By Dat T

Jul 24, 2019

Dear Teachers,

First of all, I'd like to appreciate it for your contributions. Even though I was struggling with it but finally I did it already. One of the most motivation is because your lesson is really useful, exciting. Thank a lot.

By Guillermo A H R

Jul 27, 2019

This course is the perfect way to confidence when you have to start a new health professional life in the US. Thank you.

By Giuseppe C

Jun 08, 2019

It is a very useful tool for learners who would approach working as a health care provider in the USA.

By Cristina S

Aug 13, 2019

It was a pleasure to take this course. I've learned that it is very important to understand the context in which an interaction occurs, I have improved my clinical language skills and now I can understand and use the abbreviations related to patient care, treatment, diagnosis.

As you've said, positive experience builds confidence! That is how I feel now! Thank you for this opportunity!

By Dang T T T

Aug 17, 2019

I leanred lots of new things through this course. Thanks you very much!

By Quan A D

Aug 21, 2019

very good course

By Ngo T T H

Aug 23, 2019

Excellent course!

By Pierre R L

Aug 25, 2019

For the six weeks of class by Dr.Valerie Swigart along with Michael Gold & Zhang Liang, I have learned a lot regarding Medical Terminology. It was a great experience for me and I hope everyone enjoyed that class. Kudos to Dr. Valerie Swigart for her great desire to teach US and International Students during the six weeks. I do appreciate your method and people will continue learning from you. God bless you. Pierre R Lafond