Back to Cryptography

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cryptography by University of Maryland, College Park

This course will introduce you to the foundations of modern cryptography, with an eye toward practical applications....

EB

Nov 18, 2016

Very interesting course. I would like programming assignments to be mandatory, not optional. Or at least there should be a way to get some information that the assignment is passed on Coursera page.

LY

Nov 3, 2016

Wonderful and well organized course, it is really recommended to take it for those who are interested, which will definitely provide you with really understanding of cryptography!

201 - 220 of 220 Reviews for Cryptography

By Ramnath K

Oct 24, 2017

It is good but I have to do extensive research of what is being thought and I have to study your book like Introduction to Modern Cryptography and attend other Cryptography online courses, only them I am able to understand this course. If more examples and solved problems will be provided then it will be very helpful. Samples programs are very good and able to solve. Thank you.

By Timo S

Aug 21, 2017

I enjoyed the lextures. They covered a lot of material in very short time.

But i am deeply dissappointed of lack of examples, test exercises and disactive forum. If you dont get something right a way or you have any doubts, then you are sadly alone, because no-one is reading or giving correct answers on the forum;

By Hernan G M

Dec 15, 2018

Interesting review of all crypto basics, maths. It is an starting point, the first gate, then you may go deeper and discover more details and applications.

By Ansh S

Jun 15, 2017

It was mostly theory . Wished for understanding about tools , etc. and see and perform some real things. I don't know , I expected a tad more.

By Ivan G

Jul 23, 2019

Very dull. Every time I try to watch a video, I find myself having a nap. Go for Cryptography I instead.

By Malaval R

Oct 27, 2016

Too fast...

By bollarapu p s

Oct 30, 2021

good

By HASANJI M B Z A H

Sep 3, 2021

nn

By Janne O

Nov 22, 2019

I think this course is mostly useless. For people outside academia it's way too much in the weeds of formal proofs and mathematical constructs to give any practical knowledge to use in software engineering. On the other hand someone already in academia and studying mathematics and cryptography would probably already know this stuff. So I don't know what the target audience for this course is, but I know it's not me.

By Ayo O

Mar 15, 2021

This course is hard to follow. Not much explanation or readable materials are provided just formulas that are unusable. As a mathematics student and a big fan of probability, I think each module need to be more polished and straight-forward to understand rather than just pouring formulas.

I find it very hard to follow and think I should be using the time to go over another course.

By Itay G

Dec 5, 2020

The lessons were too long, it is very hard to stay focus on these videos.

By Ibsa R H

Mar 24, 2022

p​roblem of financial aid please heip sponsarship

By Adam R

Dec 5, 2016

This is a good course for deciding if you want to pursue a more advanced degree in Cryptography, Computer Science, or Mathematics, but As part of a Cyber Security specialization, your paying customers are most likely working professional engineers or programmers, interested in practical applications of cryptography that they can use in order to create secure systems and services. This is a mathematics course and your paying customers are not going to use the knowledge from this course in their jobs. This is not an indictment of the instructor, but of the content itself. It is the wrong content for your target customer.

By Christian M T

Feb 29, 2016

I found some slides to be inaccurate which makes the material difficult to learn. Also I found the instructor's presentation style to be too abstract. I think a more practical style would be more suitable.

By MIGUEL A M S

Dec 25, 2016

They say that if you don't have anything good to say it's better not to say anything at all.

By J S

Dec 10, 2018

The way the course was tought increased the difficulty of the materials covered, needlesly.

By Hager O