Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

251 - 275 of 675 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Kelsey R

May 06, 2019

Really fun and informational course! It was so easy to complete the deadlines and I learned a whole lot about biology, evolution, etc. in general as well!

By Hariom T

Jul 14, 2020

The methodology used by the course instructors were great. The fossil viewer tool provided much help as to the understanding of anatomy of the dinosaurs.

By James M

Dec 10, 2016

This was a most informative course. and for me. not an easy one by any means. For an under-graduate, I would say is essential. Well done! And thank you!

By Алексей О

Feb 16, 2018

They say that one knows best about dinosaurs when one is 4 years old or has a son of this age. Not at all! You should also count this excellent course.

By Gabriella d C P

Aug 03, 2020

Amazing and with a very easy vocabulary that makes learning much easier and enjoyable. Very thankful for this course. I would definitely recommend it.

By Maria M

Oct 16, 2017

The best course that I have done so far at Coursera. Very well structured and explained in a very clear and understandable manner. I love the teacher!

By Kurt D B

Aug 04, 2019

I generally really enjoyed this course. there was a lot of information which was new to myself and even more that built on information I already had.

By Daniel I

Feb 23, 2019

Absolutely brilliant course. The girl is great at presenting, the information is amazing and will teach you everything you need to know about dinos.

By Radhika R N

Dec 18, 2017

My daughter aged 9 took this course. I am happy to note that the course content was good and she finished the course without us parents pushing her.

By Jorge M P

Jun 21, 2020

I very much enjoyed not just the content but also how it was delivered. I can definitely see myself using what I learned and applying it to my job.

By Christopher A W

Jun 05, 2020

Fascinating. Truly loved this course. It took me only a couple of days as I really focused on it. Downloaded the course and went for it.

Incredible

By Dawson B

Jan 05, 2019

Loved it! I have learned much from this course, despite my local status as a "dinosaur nerd". I am glad I took the course, and really enjoyed it.

By Luke H

May 29, 2017

This class has been a blessing to me! It is the class that I have always wanted to take. The videos were well put together and very easy to follow!

By Lina Z

Jul 30, 2020

desde pequeño me interese por los dinosaurio y este curso me ayudo a aprender y a mejorar mis niveles de ingles en un tema especifico que me gusta

By Lautaro M

Jul 19, 2020

Excelente curso, muy fácil de entender y muy educativo, ahora aumentaron más mis ganas de dar mis aportes a la ciencia y a estudiar paleontología.

By Paul A

Jan 22, 2018

This is an excellent course. By far the best course I've taken on Coursera. The presentation was professional, entertaining, and understandable.

By Kellyann W

I found this course to be absolutely brilliant. The information was well set out and explained and the instructors where articulate and engaging.

By amelia m

Nov 28, 2017

I really liked this class. It was informative but not overwhelming to someone who doesn't know much about dinosaurs. I'd recommend this class. :)

By Yash B

May 14, 2020

It is a brilliant course for anyone be it a layman or a pro to get a wonderful insight into these marvellous creatures who once ruled the Earth.

By chloe

Aug 04, 2020

Absolutely brilliantly put together. Such a great way to study and interesting topic, it was an absolute pleasure to take part in this course.

By Kathryn S

Mar 25, 2019

Excellent presentation of material in sequence, style, fossil viewer, interactive 'lecture', text, supplementary readings. Superb creation.

By Roman V

Jun 10, 2020

This course gave me worth overview of the dinosaur era and useful studying materials to deepen my knowledge of these mesozoic crestures.

By Eduardo E D

Feb 27, 2018

I have been learning a lot from this incredible course and each unknown word makes me want to discover even more!

Thank you so very much!

By Snigdha K

Jun 19, 2020

It was great experience...I have a great interest in prehistoric dinasours and fossil ... it was just awesome...thank u all so much....

By Erin M

Jun 01, 2020

Well done the material was presented in clear manner with good explanations and following the the teaching points and reading sections.