Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

251 - 275 of 329 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By April L P

Mar 02, 2018

THIS WAS SO FUN AND SO INFORMATIVE! I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! I HAVE BEEN HAVING A GREAT TIME CASUALLY TALKING ABOUT CARCHAR

By Mark v d M

May 10, 2018

I just love it

By Eric R

May 27, 2018

Très bien

By Tim K

Jun 05, 2018

Dino 101 was well written and presented. Quality work by leaders in their field. The readings were interesting and clear though some of the lessons could use some proofing for typos and syntax edits. I have already enrolled in another palaeontology course presented by the University of Alberta and plan to take the other courses offered in palaeontology by them as well.

By James F

May 05, 2018

Absolutely loved every video!

By Grayson M

May 08, 2018

It is a good course.

By Ashwath

Jul 09, 2018

Very well made, and very effective.

By Phillip K

May 15, 2018

Great overview of all things dinosaur - presented in a holistic fashion from engaging instructors. Loved the regular quizzes, 3D fossil viewer, and other visual aids.

By DC

Jun 13, 2018

Truly exceptional course, quite possibly the best MOOC I've done (I've done about 15). At least top 2 or 3. I really appreciate all the hard work and care that went into this, and all of the resources and interactive tools in the course. I highly recommend it.

By Stephen A

May 20, 2018

Very informative, well laid out and above all easy to follow & understand.

By Joel S

Jul 03, 2018

I am 10yrs old and I had so much fun and loved the course. I have learnt so much more and I am happy I found this course.

By David A

Jan 23, 2018

Fantastic Course. Well organized.

By Johnson R

Feb 08, 2018

It's Amazing.

By Josh G

May 11, 2018

An absolute must for dinosaur lovers everywhere!

By Jon H

May 18, 2018

Excellent overview. Very well presented in nicely done videos. Tons of information!

By Cindy P

Aug 20, 2018

Really enjoyable course - I took this solely to satisfy my personal interest and to learn more about dinosaurs. It was my first Coursera course and first online course and really a very satisfying introduction. Thank you for offering it.

By James C

Jul 19, 2018

Absolutely phenomenal, the presentation is top notch with experts who are as passionate as I imagine all us viewers are.

By Erick B

Oct 01, 2018

A great combination of explaining fundamental material in an easily-digestable manner while still diving into dinosaur paleobiology with an interesting amount of depth!

By Johnny E

Apr 18, 2019

Terribly great, a success

By Hugo B

May 04, 2019

Really interesting and fun!

By S K

Apr 19, 2019

Was always intrigued about the dinosaurs and their lives. This course helped in understanding their times as well as introducing me to their morphology and anatomy. Overall, a great course for learning about the dinosaurs. This course is helpful for someone who is interested in learning about the evolution of reptiles, mammals and birds.

By Kelsey R

May 06, 2019

Really fun and informational course! It was so easy to complete the deadlines and I learned a whole lot about biology, evolution, etc. in general as well!

By Max C

Apr 23, 2019

I loved this course a lot! It teaches a lot about not just dinosaurs but also other creatures that lived before and after dinosaurs; it also reviews many things I'd learned before from school-level geology, books, and scientific media, but it still adds more detail and explains them again. If you're unsure of something said, it almost always explains it either right when the topic is introduced or somewhere else in the course. Overall, I loved this course and it taught me a lot. I love telling the people I know neat facts and trivia from the lessons. Thank you for making this course :]

By Camila N S

May 09, 2019

It has been amazing! So well explained and presented! I'm brazilian but I could watch all the videos without subtitles! I hope I can do other courses like this in the future! Thank you.

By Nicole H

May 08, 2019

This class was so good!! I learned so much! I can't wait to take more classes about dinosaurs!