Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH
Apr 5, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

PM
Oct 17, 2020

Even as a dinosaur nerd, I still learned a lot. Instructional videos with embedded quizzes were very well constructed. I'm just a bit bummed that I couldn't access the fossil viewer for some reason.

251 - 275 of 926 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By B W J S

Nov 14, 2019

Great course for someone who wants to learn the basics of paleontology. As a kid I always dreamed of becoming one, but life send me on a different path, now I can go back and still sample what it would've been like.

By Timi A

May 25, 2018

Great course, love the flexibility of deadlines. Perfect introduction to palaeontology for beginners, and a perfect reminder course for those already attending university and want to test or refresh their knowledge.

By Wednesday B

Mar 3, 2017

This was a really beneficial and well-rounded course. It was interesting throughout and I have learned a lot, so, thank you to Betsy, Philip and the University of Alberta and Coursera for providing the opportunity.

By Manuel A A B

Sep 29, 2020

MUCHAS GRACIAS por la posibilidad de hacer este curso con U.de Alberta. Excelentes profesores , me servirá para toda la vida este conocimiento sobre la fauna de dinosaurios y la conservación actual de las aves.

By Carmine C

Apr 9, 2020

Informative and I can learn more about dinosaurs and paleontology when visiting natural history museums, watching dinosaur documentaries, reading nonfiction books about dinosaurs, and through internet research!

By Dawn K

Aug 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. I thought it was highly interesting, and I learned quite a few things about dinosaurs that I did not previously know. I thought Betsy was easy to listen to and engaging. A+ course!

By Steve M W

Jan 1, 2019

This is a very informative course for anyone wishing to learn about dinosaurs and prehistoric life on Earth. I am looking forward to taking the other Paleontology courses from Coursera / University of Alberta!

By Iris G

Dec 8, 2018

I loved this course! The teachers were engaging, the material was interesting and well explained and I learned a lot. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn more about dinosaurs.

By FRANCESC P P

Mar 9, 2021

I have really enjoyed the course. I have studied self-taught in recent years and the content of the course and its structure has allowed me to organize my knowledge and acquire a lot of new ones.

Very good job!

By Timothy R

Aug 7, 2019

I remember a little about evolution and dinosaurs from school and found this course a great refresher course. It's think this would be a great beginning for anyone looking to get into, or back into, dinosaurs.

By Michelle M

Feb 10, 2021

This course was very informative and very interesting. I learned a lot of new information and the course was very well done. I will be looking for any similar courses to take in the near future. Well done:)

By Brayan R C

Jun 16, 2019

All Paleontology Courses from Alberta , helped me find a new and one more extra part time profecional job. Alberta University is the Best in Paleontology and all these courses are just so complete and great.

By Durjoy S

It was really a wonderful journey to know the dinosaurs lifespan & their period.I'm really grateful to Coursera & University of Alberta for organizing this amazing course.In a word.it was wholesome for me!

By Laura V R N

Sep 10, 2020

Me gusto mucho, es una excelente recopliación de toda la infomación sobre el estudio de estre gurpo de animales y como se emplean técnicas actuales para tratar de exclarecer los misterios que los rodean

By James P

I thought I will learn just about dinosaur physiology but the course tackled so much more. I learned about the relationships of dinosaurs to geology and the climate, as well as the extant species today.

By Olivia M D

Jun 6, 2017

I liked it very much. As a biologist I've never been taught about dinosaurs and their evolutionary lineage but thanks to this course I have now certain basis for it knowledge. Thank you very much :D

By Álvaro J N

Dec 30, 2016

Muy completo, adecuado para quien apenas tiene conocimientos en la materia y también para quien posea conocimientos avanzados de biología y quiera ampliar en el tema de dinosaurios y paleobiología.

By Diego O

Apr 26, 2017

Excellent course, great material, concepts well organized, nothing to complain really. The presenters were all very good too, and I'll be taking all the related courses for sure. Recommended 100%.

By Fazla Z A

Aug 10, 2020

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

By Krishna G

May 27, 2021

this course was so educational and informative. it certainly succeeded in teaching and enlightining everyone about dinosaurs. my best regards to paleontologists betsy kruk and dr . phil currie

By Martha S F H

Mar 30, 2021

I love dinosaurs, it was an incredible experience for me.

I am a very visual person, so I loved the videos, the fossils, and all the materials being used to explain every topic.

Thanks so much.

By Shoumik D

Jul 25, 2020

The course is solid. It was a good decision investingtime in this course. Betsy was explaining things really nice. I would like to thank her and the other instructors. Also thanks to Coursera.

By May R

Jun 6, 2020

This course is super fun and easy to follow. The videos and materials are well made and very clear while also being engaging. I could follow it very easily even without any science background.

By Debbie A

Sep 18, 2016

Super interesting and educational! Would recomend this course strongly, it was interesting to study about how to know where fossils are from, how to know what animals belong to what group etc.

By David P

Mar 19, 2021

This was a well designed course that explained the information in such a way that I did not feel overwhelmed. The instructors were wonderful. I highly recommend this course, even for kids!