Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

PM

Oct 18, 2020

Even as a dinosaur nerd, I still learned a lot. Instructional videos with embedded quizzes were very well constructed. I'm just a bit bummed that I couldn't access the fossil viewer for some reason.

201 - 225 of 774 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Lonaya W

May 14, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. I learned so much for you guys. I've loved dinosaurs since i was really little and now with what i have learned, i can pass that on to my daughter as she gets older. Thank you for everything.

By Puvadol K

Jan 10, 2018

If applied math is physics and chemistry is applied physics. This course is probably "applied biology". If you like dinosaurs but don't really like biology, you'll learn it in a practical and engaging way with this course.

By utuedor p

Feb 08, 2020

Many thanks to the Dino 101 team. All the materials put together for this course, right from the PDF download to the 3D view of specimens is top notch. I never knew I could love palaeontology like this. Thanks once again!

By Kantawat R

Jul 27, 2020

This course is very good because the instructors explain very clear that is easy to understand, and there are some quiz in all videos that make communication between students and instructor which make content not boring.

By Kenneth P K

May 10, 2019

This is an amazing course and it is one of the courses that helped me get my foot in the door with Paleontology. Thanks to this and the many other paleontology courses I am now working for Paleotex LLC For Paleontology!

By ANGSUDA D

Jun 01, 2020

I LOVE DINO 101. I'm not a big fan of Jurassic world. Before I take this course, I know just the name of T.rex and rapter. But during the course, I explore through the time to learn more about dinosaurs. It's amazing!!

By Hales P

Dec 07, 2018

I have learned so much in this course! I started as someone enthusiastic about dinosaurs, but knowing very little about them. Now I know all about their biology, history, and the research that's being done with them.

By Lothar M H T

Sep 28, 2020

THE BEST COURSE EVER, i've taken several courses about different things but this one is so well made and interesting that I was so sad when I finished. I highly recommend you to take this course, you won't regret it

By B W J S

Nov 14, 2019

Great course for someone who wants to learn the basics of paleontology. As a kid I always dreamed of becoming one, but life send me on a different path, now I can go back and still sample what it would've been like.

By Timi A

May 25, 2018

Great course, love the flexibility of deadlines. Perfect introduction to palaeontology for beginners, and a perfect reminder course for those already attending university and want to test or refresh their knowledge.

By Wednesday B

Mar 03, 2017

This was a really beneficial and well-rounded course. It was interesting throughout and I have learned a lot, so, thank you to Betsy, Philip and the University of Alberta and Coursera for providing the opportunity.

By Manuel A A B

Sep 29, 2020

MUCHAS GRACIAS por la posibilidad de hacer este curso con U.de Alberta. Excelentes profesores , me servirá para toda la vida este conocimiento sobre la fauna de dinosaurios y la conservación actual de las aves.

By Carmine C

Apr 10, 2020

Informative and I can learn more about dinosaurs and paleontology when visiting natural history museums, watching dinosaur documentaries, reading nonfiction books about dinosaurs, and through internet research!

By Dawn K

Aug 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. I thought it was highly interesting, and I learned quite a few things about dinosaurs that I did not previously know. I thought Betsy was easy to listen to and engaging. A+ course!

By Steve M W

Jan 01, 2019

This is a very informative course for anyone wishing to learn about dinosaurs and prehistoric life on Earth. I am looking forward to taking the other Paleontology courses from Coursera / University of Alberta!

By Iris G

Dec 08, 2018

I loved this course! The teachers were engaging, the material was interesting and well explained and I learned a lot. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn more about dinosaurs.

By Timothy R

Aug 07, 2019

I remember a little about evolution and dinosaurs from school and found this course a great refresher course. It's think this would be a great beginning for anyone looking to get into, or back into, dinosaurs.

By Brayan R C

Jun 16, 2019

All Paleontology Courses from Alberta , helped me find a new and one more extra part time profecional job. Alberta University is the Best in Paleontology and all these courses are just so complete and great.

By Durjoy S

It was really a wonderful journey to know the dinosaurs lifespan & their period.I'm really grateful to Coursera & University of Alberta for organizing this amazing course.In a word.it was wholesome for me!

By Laura V R N

Sep 10, 2020

Me gusto mucho, es una excelente recopliación de toda la infomación sobre el estudio de estre gurpo de animales y como se emplean técnicas actuales para tratar de exclarecer los misterios que los rodean

By James R P

I thought I will learn just about dinosaur physiology but the course tackled so much more. I learned about the relationships of dinosaurs to geology and the climate, as well as the extant species today.

By Paolo S M

Oct 18, 2020

By Olivia M D

Jun 06, 2017

I liked it very much. As a biologist I've never been taught about dinosaurs and their evolutionary lineage but thanks to this course I have now certain basis for it knowledge. Thank you very much :D

By Álvaro J N

Dec 30, 2016

Muy completo, adecuado para quien apenas tiene conocimientos en la materia y también para quien posea conocimientos avanzados de biología y quiera ampliar en el tema de dinosaurios y paleobiología.

By Diego O

Apr 27, 2017

Excellent course, great material, concepts well organized, nothing to complain really. The presenters were all very good too, and I'll be taking all the related courses for sure. Recommended 100%.