Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH
Apr 5, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

PM
Oct 17, 2020

Even as a dinosaur nerd, I still learned a lot. Instructional videos with embedded quizzes were very well constructed. I'm just a bit bummed that I couldn't access the fossil viewer for some reason.

201 - 225 of 970 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Travis L

Feb 19, 2021

A great introduction to the world of Dinosaurs. I would recommend this course to not only beginners but intermediates to cement that base understanding of the fundamentals. I particularly liked how the readings and videos overlap to make each other easier to understand.

By ewww i

Feb 1, 2021

very In-depth and provide so many Invaluable resources and lecture notes. The structure of the lectures with quizzes part way through and tests at the end of each module Is very effective. The ability to download In advance all the modules notes Is very beneficial also.

By Megan B

Jul 22, 2020

I was very happy with the contents of this course. I learned a lot of new things and developed a higher appreciation for the hard work involved in researching dinosaurs and their habits. I truly enjoyed learning the content as it was both interesting and well explained.

By Jessica B

Jun 27, 2018

LOVED THIS COURSE! This is my first and only completed course on Coursera! I signed up because of my recent obsession with dinosaurs and the course was so fun and informative I finished everything way before my due date! Can't wait to visit Dinosaur Provincial Park now!

By Sanjay U

Dec 24, 2017

I wanted to know about the dinosaur since my childhood. When I saw the Jurassic Park in 1995, since then i was fascinated by them and wanted to become a Palaeontologist. So, I found this Dino 101 course on Coursera, i was much happy to enroll myself into this course.

By Juan F S

Oct 22, 2020

El mejor curso de la plataforma. Los profesionales sin duda están sumamente preparados para sintetizar la información de manera que cualquier apasionado de la paleontología, aunque no posea estudios formales en el área, sea capaz de comprender todo el contenido.

By David G

Aug 1, 2020

Dino 101 is an outstanding, informative and entertaining course about dinosaurs! I really appreciated the enthusiasm and joy that the instructors displayed throughout the course. Thanks so much for such a great learning experience. I wish you all of the best.

By Krystina A

Jul 10, 2021

E​xcellent. I have always loved dinosaurs, but palentology was never available for me to learn at my local university. Having a course with such up to date knowledge run by people who clearly love what they do is a nice taste of what could have been. Thank you!

By DC

Jun 13, 2018

Truly exceptional course, quite possibly the best MOOC I've done (I've done about 15). At least top 2 or 3. I really appreciate all the hard work and care that went into this, and all of the resources and interactive tools in the course. I highly recommend it.

By Elisa E P

Nov 21, 2017

Me encantó, siempre había querido aprender más sobre dinosaurios y el curso me enseñó más de lo que buscaba. Más adelante me inscribiré en los cursos complementarios del tema para seguir aprendiendo, ¡muchas gracias a todas las personas que trabajaron en esto!

By Rebecca O

Aug 28, 2017

Its clear that a lot of effort went into the creation of this course. Interesting videos, interactive components and a lot of extra details made this course worthwhile. I came away learning more than I could have imagined and enjoyed myself at the same time.

By Lee K W

Aug 11, 2020

This is one of the best pastimes in 2020. The readings and videos are extremely well prepared with a touch of humor. I enjoyed working on the comic quizzes. Never knew we were closer to a T-Rex than a Stegosaur was. And I just had a modern dinosaur for lunch!

By Prarthana U

Apr 20, 2020

This is an amazing course! Provides abstracts to the "Dinosaur" concepts. Along with which successfully providing clear details to the concepts by connecting the "present" and the "past".

familiarizes us with all the concepts which are very new to everyone.

By Becca A

Nov 2, 2018

So happy I decided to take this course! I gained such a thorough introduction to dinosaur paleobiology, and I really enjoyed the simple format. This course has inspired me to take more courses on paleontology, which is a childhood aspiration come true :)

By Liliam A P F

Jan 22, 2021

Excellent material. Good videos. I like the tests during the lessons and the tests at the end of the week. Very good teachers, with good pronunciation and encouragement in the classes. I learned a lot by playing, reading and watching the video examples.

By Eliza B

Aug 2, 2020

Fantastic course! I never knew so much information about dinosaurs and had never studied them in school but this course gives an excellent introduction to the world of dinosaurs and paleobiology. Learned so much and really enjoyed the course! Thank you!

By Ricardo A

Jun 11, 2018

I tend to read as much as I can about dinosaurs in science journals and I consider myself knowledgeable in this matter. I was dead wrong. This course really opened my eyes and gave me a better grounding in the subject matter. This is a very good course.

By Nicholas D T

Sep 7, 2021

I very much enjoyed this course! By the end of the course I was choosing to do extra reading up on topics to get extra depth into the topics. The teaching was always scientific and enthusiastic without ever being dull or talking down to the students.

By Dino C C H

Dec 14, 2017

I do highly recommend this course, it's reasonably informative for anyone who is pursuing for a career or further education on palaeontology.

Even to those who are just enthusiastic about in dinosaurs in.general, who want to know more facts about them.

By Mitchell G

May 13, 2019

A spectacular course, spared no expense! Through this course, I expanded my previously learned knowledge on Dinosaur paleobiology and will apply it in life and in my facilitation tours as I am a docent for Dinosaurs at the Field Museum of Chicago, IL

By Maria S

Jul 7, 2021

I had so much fun exploring the world of Dinosaurs with the University of Alberta team! I've learnt a lot about the different eras that came before and the marvels of nature. Keep going University of Alberta! your efforts are very much appreciated!!

By Lauren C

Apr 22, 2020

Excellent course, really goes into detail and covers everything you would need to know about Dinosaurs and other Prehistoric animals. Learned alot and enjoyed the layout of the course - videos and regular mini tests throughout. Definitely recommend!

By Alexandria F

Nov 5, 2019

This course was a very fun one, and the team at University of Alberta made this class engaging and easy to understand for everyone. Workload was very easy and I looked forward to watching the videos and reading into the discussions. Would recommend!

By andrea s

Apr 6, 2017

Really great teaching and use of wonderful tools to reinforce and assist with learning. Would enjoy doing more courses with Betsy and Phillip. Thank you for taking the time to put this material together and thanks for the brilliant presentations.

By Francisco P d C F

Jun 18, 2021

E​xtremely Informative, incredible classes taught in a simple, concise manner, never dull, always fun.

W​ill be looking in taking on more courses in this university. Great job to all the people who put their hard work into constructing this course.