Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

126 - 150 of 403 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Donald M

Oct 25, 2019

This is the most straight forward class I've ever taken from the U of A. The modules tell you what you need to know, and the test questions are fair. Its the dream University course.

By Marcus V B C

Sep 14, 2017

Excelente, o melhor curso que já pude fazer. Eu gostaria de pedir que colocassem legendas em português porque muitas pessoas me perguntaram sobre isso e querem fazer em português.

By Ashish S

Jul 26, 2019

The course structure is very simple although it covers almost everything related to Dinosaurs. I was able to study the basic details about the Dinosaurs through this course.

Thanks.

By Bruno M P

Jun 07, 2017

Philip and Betsy did an excellent and beautiful work for the community. I am heading for my PhD in the future and I definitely consider to do in Alberta with them. Congratulations.

By Patrick O

Jan 15, 2018

I loved the material and the quality of the material itself. It pushed my understanding further and gave me a better appreciation of the topic and Paleobiology in a general sense.

By Lindsay H

Mar 15, 2019

I have learned so much from this online course. The videos and content were excellent and I look forward to taking more classes from the University of Alberta through Coursera.

By Richard B

Sep 22, 2017

Presenters were knowledgeable and kept the pace moving. As a recent enthusiast in Paleontology, Biology. and just the coolness of Dinos, I really learned quite a bit. Thanks...

By Michel A

May 20, 2019

Amazing Course, I`m learning more about dinosaurs to be able to draw and paint them better, since I’m an illustrator in the gaming industry (and share a passion for dinosaurs)

By Alisse S

Jul 10, 2017

Incredibly informative- covered a vast deal of info in a short period of time. Broad sweeping but interactive, this is a great course for beginners interested in paleobiology!

By Graham F

Mar 12, 2017

Brilliant course, pitched at the right level for an introduction into Paleontology. I got a lot out of doing this course and it has kick started my interest in Paleontology.

By David H

Dec 17, 2016

Excellent course. I appreciated the notes, teaching from experts in the field and being exposed to new information and research that was new to me. Thank you. - David Haitel

By Alexzandria L P

Jan 16, 2020

This was one of the best courses I have ever taken, it was easy to memorizes information and apply it!

The way it was taught was very in depth as well as easy to understand.

By Michelli P

Mar 29, 2020

It's a very well course put together, I love learning about the history of early earth and its creatures and how us humans, can maintain some animals from getting extinct.

By Erick B

Oct 01, 2018

A great combination of explaining fundamental material in an easily-digestable manner while still diving into dinosaur paleobiology with an interesting amount of depth!

By Alena I

Feb 25, 2020

This is one of the best course I've taken so far. It had tremendous impact on my understanding of dinosaurs and prehistoric world and got me hooked for studying more!

By Phillip K

May 15, 2018

Great overview of all things dinosaur - presented in a holistic fashion from engaging instructors. Loved the regular quizzes, 3D fossil viewer, and other visual aids.

By Tobias D

Sep 26, 2017

Really well presented course and easy to follow and study. Completely non bias and very informative. Would highly recommend to anyone who wishes to study Paleobioligy

By Emily B

Mar 29, 2020

Great course!!! I enjoyed that there were many different ways to learn the material. I also appreciated that they wanted me to succeed and were very helpful. Thanks!

By Robert D S

Nov 15, 2019

This was, with out a doubt, one of the best courses that i have taken. The lectures were far above average and the information was clear, concise and too the point.

By Regina A

Feb 16, 2019

Wonderful course. I enjoyed the time spent and wished it continued. I've taken several other courses in this series and will take another course. Thank you so much!

By Dhaksha R

Mar 28, 2020

Paleobiology is an amazing thing to learn about how life was before we walked onto this earth, I learnt something new that was going to be the next future to walk.

By Jude D

Apr 02, 2018

This is an amazing course with so much valuable information. For those like me who are fascinated but dinosaurs, this course is a treasure trove of knowledge!!!!!

By Rafael V G

Jul 04, 2017

It's a very well done course. All te information is up-dated, the readings are understabdables and the videos are very interactive. I really enhoyed this course !!

By Jacynthe V

Dec 24, 2016

Thank you for all the efforts you put in this course. Lectures are very interesting! It's definitely a course that I would recommend to all dinosaurs enthusiasts!