Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

51 - 75 of 405 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Megan W

Jul 02, 2019

This is a fascinating course! You are sure to learn many interesting things about dinosaurs, dinosaur terminology and the time periods they lived in. Easy to follow with great instructors, and well thought out lesson structure. Quick review questions in each lesson make this course easy to comprehend. I recommend this course to anyone with an interest in Dinosaurs.

By Cesar L

Apr 06, 2020

Great course with great teachers. Reading material and videos complement each other in a way it makes it much nicer to learn. It was always a dream to know more about dinosaurs and now I will enjoy much more my visits to museums and articles about this group. Perhaps, as a documentary maker, one day will prepare something about them! Many thanks from Brazil!!

By Destinee M

Oct 27, 2019

I absolutely love this course. You can take efficient notes and refer back to the videos through them. Some small spelling errors in the notes but it is always an easy fix. Really interesting facts and information involving dinosaurs as well as some interactive puzzles and questions in the videos. Overall very fun and easy to do, even with a busy schedule.

By Alex P

May 28, 2018

A most informative, interesting, understandable course!

I must confess that I studied Biology and Geology (B.sc) and yet I had real fun refreshing what I know and learn new thing.

I am an english speaker, but it is not my first language, yet I understood everything, the speech was very clear and the PDFs for each class help.

Overall, a wonderfull course.

By Sourav C

Jun 20, 2017

It was a real pleasure for me to take this course. I had the opportunity to learn about so many aspects of ancient dinosaurs that were previously unknown to me. I am grateful to the team of University of Alberta and coursera for giving me the opportunity to learn more about this incredible subject. Thank you all for giving me the opportunity to learn .

By Marcos G M

Nov 01, 2018

Está genial este curso, sí que es verdad que algunas palabras son muy técnicas y yo algunas no las supe, pero en general se entiende y la traducción está perfecto. Me encanta este curso, está muy bien elaborado y para todo aquél "friki" de los dinosaurios, este curso es idóneo para aprender a conocerlos y estudiarlos. Muchas gracias. Un saludo.

By S K

Apr 19, 2019

Was always intrigued about the dinosaurs and their lives. This course helped in understanding their times as well as introducing me to their morphology and anatomy. Overall, a great course for learning about the dinosaurs. This course is helpful for someone who is interested in learning about the evolution of reptiles, mammals and birds.

By Marie-Chantale B

Aug 30, 2018

This course was fantastic! I was only taking it for my own pleasure as I've always been interested in dinosaurs. It was easy to follow, even if you have no science or paleontology background like me. I highly recommend it. Congratulations to all of those you worked on building this class. I wish there was more online classes like yours.

By Sarah B

Feb 21, 2019

This course was extremely informative and beautifully presented. An excellent grounding for the other paleontology courses offered by this passionate team from University of Alberta. I'm looking forward to diving into the more advanced courses from here on out. Thank you so much for all your hard work putting this course together!

By John J C

Dec 25, 2018

I had many concepts and ideas I have read in books made much clearer to me by studying this course! Koodos to the instructors and all that were involved in creating it! As an added bonus, taking it helped with my computer operating skills. (Which were basically non-existent beforehand!) I definitely plan on taking more courses!

By Vinda M

Feb 28, 2020

As someone from the Caribbean, we are not really exposed to learning materials such as in this course. It gives dinosaur enthusiasts a chance to come a lot closer to understanding these great creatures and in turn equip persons with the ability to pass on what has been learned to others. This Course was indeed a pleasure.

By Gabby G

Mar 23, 2018

I have a degree in Geology, but never had the opportunity to take a class on Dinosaurs. This class was great at explaining introductory concepts for beginners, but also challenged folks who were more advanced. I was able to skim through what I knew, and study at more length what I did not. Overall, it was a great course.

By Matthew W

Jun 13, 2017

I love these courses. I have take all four of the paleontology focused classes available from Coursera. The staff at the University of Alberta have done an outstanding job putting together interesting and informative lectures on one of my favorite subjects. Well done. I hope that there may be more coming in the future.

By William F M

Mar 31, 2019

I thought the course provided an excellent introduction to Dinosaurs and subjects related to the study of Paleobiology. Materials were well put-together to dovetail with the instructional videos. Overall an excellent course for those of us interested in this subject and with little background or prior knowledge.

By Anya G

Mar 31, 2017

Thank you to all the instructors for putting together a very educational course!!! :) i enjoyed every lecture and have learned a great deal (my childhood dream of becoming a paleontologist (or at least as close to one as possible) has almost come true! :) Hope to continue learning in further paleontology courses.

By Trista

Feb 13, 2019

I enjoyed this course. My sons are fascinated with dinosaurs. I took this course to help me to answer their questions. The videos and reading assignments were fun and informative. I enjoyed the extra reading assignments and the videos as well. Thank you so much for making this course available online!

By Eudald S

Oct 05, 2017

Excelent course, I had the opportunity to learn all about dinosaurs, and after finishing it, i want to continue with the other courses that the university of Alberta offers. Thank you all for this great way to learn and specially to Betsy, who gives the information in a great way to be understood.

By Richard E

Oct 25, 2019

I was torn between 4 and 5 stars. The content is excellent as ar the provided references. The presenters clearly know their subject matter and are excellent communicators.

Work is needed to go back and debug all of the English transcripts which are loaded with miswordings and misspellings.

By Nicole L

Apr 09, 2020

Really enjoyed it and am very glad something like this is accessible to everyone. Thank you! Minor bug, please give more time on the interactive questions in the videos before switching to the screen with answer options. Some need you to be able to look at the picture longer. Thanks again!

By Giles S

Jun 11, 2018

This course was very educational, and I absolutely enjoyed it. I learned a lot about dinosaurs not only from the videos each week, but also from the handout PDFs. Looking forward to studying paleobiology in the future, possibly at the U of A! Thank you for providing this great online course!

By Steve B

Oct 07, 2019

An excellent overview presented in a very accessible way by a very enthusiastic team.

Totally coincidentally I visited the Royal Tyrrell Museum in Alberta in the month before I started this course. To see the museum and its specimens used to present this course was just amazing.

Many thanks!

By Phillip W R

Aug 04, 2017

This was a fantastic course! It really opened my eyes about a lot of misconceptions I had about dinosaurs. I really liked how the course emphasized not only dinosaur behavior and anatomy, but they also focused on putting dinosaurs in an evolutionary, ecological, and geographical context.

By Andres F

Oct 10, 2018

Excellent course! I liked the last reflexive thought: We, the society, should guide our efforts in protect and conserve species in danger and propose practical solutions to solve the contamination problem and the greenhouse effect, instead of trying to resurrect ancient extinct species.

By Jaime E A G

Jul 18, 2017

Sincerely this is the best introductory Dinosaur Paleobiology course since Paleoworld of Discovery channel. The retrospective and prospective methodology of the course, the real specimens of fossils of UOA and field work of a paleontologist are the fortress of DINO 101. Thanks so much!