Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

26 - 50 of 337 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Skylayna B

Mar 22, 2019

genuinely enjoyed each lesson

By Hein H

Mar 23, 2019

The best course for learning about the Dinosaurs.

By Katharine L O

Mar 24, 2019

Enjoyed this course and learned a lot!

By Kathryn S

Mar 25, 2019

Excellent presentation of material in sequence, style, fossil viewer, interactive 'lecture', text, supplementary readings. Superb creation.

By Mason C O

Mar 27, 2019

This course was AMAZING!!! Absolutely grateful that I got to take the course!!! :)

By Duncan S

Mar 29, 2019

I really enjoyed this course, and learned a lot. Thanks

By Melinda M

Mar 30, 2019

I enjoyed this course very much. I do believe that some of the subtitles need to be translated again due to errors.

By Rainer Y

Jan 29, 2019

Videos are short and to the point. Subject matter was relevant. Lecturer was very engaging. Easy to follow course content.

By Jessica M F

Jan 31, 2019

Loved the course!

By Francisco J S

Jan 30, 2019

I am paleobiologist specialized on early birds, and this course has considerably increased my acknowledge about non-avian dinosaurs . Thanks to Phillip Currie, Betsy Kruk and all the team for this really interesting course.

By Clotilde D

Feb 02, 2019

Great course, interesting topics and explanations, thanks !!

By Colin R

Feb 03, 2019

Excellent course, easy to navigate ( around the on line course) for an old fuddy duddy like me; pitched at right level ( even though it is beginner level it wasn’t patronising or overly simplified I felt.), thankyou very much. I’m definitely going to undertake further courses through Coursera and especially at Alberta University-I thought Phillip and Betsy were great-enthusiastic and knowledgable ofcourse and grabbed my attention for the start.

On another note I’m struggling to be able to download a certificate ( I only want it for my own personal record) -can you advise please? Diolch yn fawr ( Thanks - in Welsh)

By Lauren J

Apr 03, 2019

This course provides a very solid foundation on the topic.

By Safiya Y

Apr 04, 2019

Cool course. Fun, informative and easy to understand.

By Cara H

Apr 07, 2019

Such a great course!

By William F M

Mar 31, 2019

I thought the course provided an excellent introduction to Dinosaurs and subjects related to the study of Paleobiology. Materials were well put-together to dovetail with the instructional videos. Overall an excellent course for those of us interested in this subject and with little background or prior knowledge.

By Diana W

Apr 13, 2019

I loved the enthusiastic instructor and learned a lot.

By Anastasiia G

Apr 10, 2019

Well structured, very informative and amazingly presented course. Provides a wealth of information which will be appreciated by both the beginners and seasoned dinosaur enthusiast alike.

By Maggie P

Mar 12, 2019

A great way to learn more about dinosaurs without needing a technical background

By Jarrad R

Mar 05, 2019

idk i just like it

By Lindsay H

Mar 15, 2019

I have learned so much from this online course. The videos and content were excellent and I look forward to taking more classes from the University of Alberta through Coursera.

By Orlando V R

Mar 16, 2019

Thank you so much for this MOOC. I really enjoyed learning in a rigorous approach about dinosaurs 🦕 ¡gracias!

By george,tomes,lane,mcleod

Jan 05, 2019

i loved it as i,am ten i got a lot of feedback.

By Dawson B

Jan 05, 2019

Loved it! I have learned much from this course, despite my local status as a "dinosaur nerd". I am glad I took the course, and really enjoyed it.