Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology, University of Alberta

About this Course

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

By JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

By DO

Apr 27, 2017

Excellent course, great material, concepts well organized, nothing to complain really. The presenters were all very good too, and I'll be taking all the related courses for sure. Recommended 100%.

300 Reviews

By Michel Azevedo

May 20, 2019

Amazing Course, I`m learning more about dinosaurs to be able to draw and paint them better, since I’m an illustrator in the gaming industry (and share a passion for dinosaurs)

By Allan VillaLobos Calderon

May 20, 2019

Unique!

By Mitchell Goodknecht

May 13, 2019

A spectacular course, spared no expense! Through this course, I expanded my previously learned knowledge on Dinosaur paleobiology and will apply it in life and in my facilitation tours as I am a docent for Dinosaurs at the Field Museum of Chicago, IL

By Bjoern Rennhak

May 11, 2019

Loved it! Thank you!

By Kenneth Parker Kowalski

May 10, 2019

This is an amazing course and it is one of the courses that helped me get my foot in the door with Paleontology. Thanks to this and the many other paleontology courses I am now working for Paleotex LLC For Paleontology!

By Camila Neves Silva

May 09, 2019

It has been amazing! So well explained and presented! I'm brazilian but I could watch all the videos without subtitles! I hope I can do other courses like this in the future! Thank you.

By Nicole Holt

May 08, 2019

This class was so good!! I learned so much! I can't wait to take more classes about dinosaurs!

By Kelsey Riddle

May 06, 2019

Really fun and informational course! It was so easy to complete the deadlines and I learned a whole lot about biology, evolution, etc. in general as well!

By Hugo BOUET

May 04, 2019

Really interesting and fun!

By Ashley James Stotter

Apr 30, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed this course and was glad that I chose to do this. As a boy I was enthralled about dinosaurs, spent hours reading over dinosaur books, drawing their skeletons and wanted to be a dinosaur paleontologist when I grew up. I was a massive fan of Jurassic Park and beleived that one day we would be living in some kind of Dinotopia. Well, life turned out very differently however but when seeing this course available, it rekindled that nostalgia and excitement so I signed up. Its been a great course, it taught me things I never knew or simply forgotten. I got through it far quicker than the 12 weeks despite currently studying and working full-time, just because I enjoyed it so much. Thank you all for sharing this to people and if you ever need a hand digging bones or attempting to resurrect a dinosaur feel free to contact me, i'd quit my job in a heartbeat.