Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology, University of Alberta

About this Course

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

By JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

By DO

Apr 27, 2017

Excellent course, great material, concepts well organized, nothing to complain really. The presenters were all very good too, and I'll be taking all the related courses for sure. Recommended 100%.

273 Reviews

By

Mar 17, 2019

It was awsome: I could go at my own pace, it had a very friendly language and didn't lack cientific and realible information to understand every thing about dinosaurs.

By Orlando Vargas Rayo

Mar 16, 2019

Thank you so much for this MOOC. I really enjoyed learning in a rigorous approach about dinosaurs 🦕 ¡gracias!

By Lindsay Harrigal

Mar 15, 2019

I have learned so much from this online course. The videos and content were excellent and I look forward to taking more classes from the University of Alberta through Coursera.

By Maggie Parkhurst

Mar 12, 2019

A great way to learn more about dinosaurs without needing a technical background

By Alejo Nucci

Mar 10, 2019

Excellent curse! It was not a problem for me not to have knowledge about dinosaurs and geology, because everything is explain clearly and concisely by the excellent teachers and researches. Very good videos, examples, supplementary material, images, photographs, landscapes and analogies. I really enjoyed learning about dinosaurs as well as knowing the University of Alberta. You did a very good job!

By Jarrad Riehs

Mar 05, 2019

idk i just like it

By Jeremy Birch

Feb 24, 2019

This course was really good and I enjoyed it very much. I also learnt some new stuff in this course. I really enjoyed it.

By Daniel Innes

Feb 23, 2019

Absolutely brilliant course. The girl is great at presenting, the information is amazing and will teach you everything you need to know about dinos.

By Sarah Bellchambers

Feb 21, 2019

This course was extremely informative and beautifully presented. An excellent grounding for the other paleontology courses offered by this passionate team from University of Alberta. I'm looking forward to diving into the more advanced courses from here on out. Thank you so much for all your hard work putting this course together!

By Rachel Serkownek

Feb 21, 2019

The instructors did an excellent job of explaining complex topics in an approachable, easily digested manner. It was very fun to learn how much our perceptions of dinosaurs have changed since I was a paleo-obsessed kid, and to take an even more in depth look at the science involved in classifying and discovering them. I may retake this course again in the future to try to solidify some of the more advanced concepts and facts in my mind.