Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

226 - 250 of 663 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Alena I

Feb 25, 2020

This is one of the best course I've taken so far. It had tremendous impact on my understanding of dinosaurs and prehistoric world and got me hooked for studying more!

By Phillip K

May 15, 2018

Great overview of all things dinosaur - presented in a holistic fashion from engaging instructors. Loved the regular quizzes, 3D fossil viewer, and other visual aids.

By Tobias D

Sep 26, 2017

Really well presented course and easy to follow and study. Completely non bias and very informative. Would highly recommend to anyone who wishes to study Paleobioligy

By Emily B

Mar 29, 2020

Great course!!! I enjoyed that there were many different ways to learn the material. I also appreciated that they wanted me to succeed and were very helpful. Thanks!

By Robert D S

Nov 15, 2019

This was, with out a doubt, one of the best courses that i have taken. The lectures were far above average and the information was clear, concise and too the point.

By Regina A

Feb 16, 2019

Wonderful course. I enjoyed the time spent and wished it continued. I've taken several other courses in this series and will take another course. Thank you so much!

By Dhaksha R

Mar 28, 2020

Paleobiology is an amazing thing to learn about how life was before we walked onto this earth, I learnt something new that was going to be the next future to walk.

By Jude D

Apr 02, 2018

This is an amazing course with so much valuable information. For those like me who are fascinated but dinosaurs, this course is a treasure trove of knowledge!!!!!

By Rafael V G

Jul 04, 2017

It's a very well done course. All te information is up-dated, the readings are understabdables and the videos are very interactive. I really enhoyed this course !!

By Jacynthe V

Dec 24, 2016

Thank you for all the efforts you put in this course. Lectures are very interesting! It's definitely a course that I would recommend to all dinosaurs enthusiasts!

By Fernando T C

Jul 01, 2020

¡Increíble! Excelente material de estudio, profesores increíbles y temas sumamente interesantes que te sumergen en el mundo de los dinosaurios de principio a fin.

By Katarzyna G

Jun 21, 2020

The best course I've ever done. Every enthusiast of paleontology should go through it. It's the highest pleasure to read and listen to your teachings. Thank You!

By Guilherme B P

Jun 19, 2020

With simple and informative lessons, Dino 101 was an amazing opportunity to learn the basics of dinosaur paleobiology and many other important scientific fields.

By Ashley M

Dec 11, 2019

videos were comprehensive and very accessible for all learners from people just beginning to learn about paleobiology, to people who already have some knowledge.

By Pamela S

Nov 06, 2017

These paleontologists do a very nice job with their on line classes. The links in the course notes for this class are fantastic sources of dinosaur information.

Jul 03, 2020

Was so great taking this course by the greatest paleontologist on the planet. I will not disappoint filling those shoes someday Dr PC. You've taught me well.

By ViC

Nov 17, 2017

We learn so many things, about evolution, extinction and our planet plast. I regret sometimes that Mrs Betsy Kruk doesn't always articulate when she speaks.

By Felicia C

Jul 02, 2020

very interesting course filled with interactive platforms and options, great reading material that just elicits interest towards all aspect of the subject.

By Jordy F C L

Even if you are not related with this topic you can learn something new. All the professors explain in detail and use a variety of examples and resources.

By Jihad R

It was a great course, I wish we could have courses about palynology(Micropaleontology) and any courses related to climate changed based on microorganisms.

By Kelsey R

May 06, 2019

Really fun and informational course! It was so easy to complete the deadlines and I learned a whole lot about biology, evolution, etc. in general as well!

By Hariom T

Jul 14, 2020

The methodology used by the course instructors were great. The fossil viewer tool provided much help as to the understanding of anatomy of the dinosaurs.

By James M

Dec 10, 2016

This was a most informative course. and for me. not an easy one by any means. For an under-graduate, I would say is essential. Well done! And thank you!

By Алексей О

Feb 16, 2018

They say that one knows best about dinosaurs when one is 4 years old or has a son of this age. Not at all! You should also count this excellent course.