Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

101 - 125 of 403 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By utuedor p

Feb 08, 2020

Many thanks to the Dino 101 team. All the materials put together for this course, right from the PDF download to the 3D view of specimens is top notch. I never knew I could love palaeontology like this. Thanks once again!

By Kenneth P K

May 10, 2019

This is an amazing course and it is one of the courses that helped me get my foot in the door with Paleontology. Thanks to this and the many other paleontology courses I am now working for Paleotex LLC For Paleontology!

By Hales P

Dec 07, 2018

I have learned so much in this course! I started as someone enthusiastic about dinosaurs, but knowing very little about them. Now I know all about their biology, history, and the research that's being done with them.

By B W J S

Nov 14, 2019

Great course for someone who wants to learn the basics of paleontology. As a kid I always dreamed of becoming one, but life send me on a different path, now I can go back and still sample what it would've been like.

By Timi A

May 25, 2018

Great course, love the flexibility of deadlines. Perfect introduction to palaeontology for beginners, and a perfect reminder course for those already attending university and want to test or refresh their knowledge.

By Wednesday B

Mar 03, 2017

This was a really beneficial and well-rounded course. It was interesting throughout and I have learned a lot, so, thank you to Betsy, Philip and the University of Alberta and Coursera for providing the opportunity.

By Carmine C

Mar 25, 2020

Informative and I can learn more about dinosaurs and paleontology when visiting natural history museums, watching dinosaur documentaries, reading nonfiction books about dinosaurs, and through internet research!

By Dawn K

Aug 19, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. I thought it was highly interesting, and I learned quite a few things about dinosaurs that I did not previously know. I thought Betsy was easy to listen to and engaging. A+ course!

By Steve M W

Jan 01, 2019

This is a very informative course for anyone wishing to learn about dinosaurs and prehistoric life on Earth. I am looking forward to taking the other Paleontology courses from Coursera / University of Alberta!

By Iris G

Dec 08, 2018

I loved this course! The teachers were engaging, the material was interesting and well explained and I learned a lot. I would definitely recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn more about dinosaurs.

By Timothy R

Aug 07, 2019

I remember a little about evolution and dinosaurs from school and found this course a great refresher course. It's think this would be a great beginning for anyone looking to get into, or back into, dinosaurs.

By Brayan R C

Jun 16, 2019

All Paleontology Courses from Alberta , helped me find a new and one more extra part time profecional job. Alberta University is the Best in Paleontology and all these courses are just so complete and great.

By Jennifer H

Apr 06, 2017

By Olivia M D

Jun 06, 2017

I liked it very much. As a biologist I've never been taught about dinosaurs and their evolutionary lineage but thanks to this course I have now certain basis for it knowledge. Thank you very much :D

By Álvaro J N

Dec 30, 2016

Muy completo, adecuado para quien apenas tiene conocimientos en la materia y también para quien posea conocimientos avanzados de biología y quiera ampliar en el tema de dinosaurios y paleobiología.

By Diego O

Apr 27, 2017

Excellent course, great material, concepts well organized, nothing to complain really. The presenters were all very good too, and I'll be taking all the related courses for sure. Recommended 100%.

By Tabi L P W

Dec 16, 2017

By Kavin K

Apr 02, 2020

A wonderful course for beginners to learn about dinosaurs from how they began, lived, evolved and went down in the end as one of the most successful group of creatures ever to live on the planet

By Debbie A

Sep 18, 2016

Super interesting and educational! Would recomend this course strongly, it was interesting to study about how to know where fossils are from, how to know what animals belong to what group etc.

By Elsa S

Nov 13, 2019

Great course !!! The material is well explained through interactive videos which make learning easy. I recommend this class as a fun elective for all students no matter their home faculty.

By adi f

Feb 03, 2020

Enjoyed the course and learned a lot. It was at a great level for someone who didn't know much about dinosaurs going into it, and made me want to take a trip to dinosaur provincial park.

By Anastasiia G

Apr 10, 2019

Well structured, very informative and amazingly presented course. Provides a wealth of information which will be appreciated by both the beginners and seasoned dinosaur enthusiast alike.

By Camila N S

May 09, 2019

It has been amazing! So well explained and presented! I'm brazilian but I could watch all the videos without subtitles! I hope I can do other courses like this in the future! Thank you.

By Sean D G

Dec 06, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. It was easy to follow and the sections lengths were perfect. I would recommend this course to anyone wanting a better overview of general paleontology.

By Jacob M P

Apr 07, 2020

this was a very interesting and exciting course to take! I've always been interested in paleontology and paleobiology, so this was great fun for me. thank you, University of Alberta!