Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

176 - 200 of 372 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Nickolas T B

Feb 02, 2017

Wow, what an awesome course. I can't find anything to complain about. The notes were useful and well-formatted, the video lectures were concise and full of clear language and examples to demonstrate ideas, and the quizzes were a lovely balance between easy and impossible, they gave just enough challenge to make me rack my brain for some detail I'd almost forgotten. Awesome course, I am walking away with what was once just a passion for dinosaurs is now a concrete starting point for an academic intrigue in the entire field of paleobiology.

By Jennifer H

Apr 06, 2017

By Madison H

May 05, 2018

This was a really great coarse. It is very descriptive and everything is easy to comprehend.

By Jose M L I

Sep 27, 2017

XD DAB ON THE HEATER

By Alejandro F

Dec 10, 2017

Excellent

By Brooke L

Feb 20, 2018

A lot of fun! Informative, well structured and easy to follow.

By Maxwell P

Feb 21, 2018

I'm an amateur fossil hunter and paleontology enthusiast. This was a fun and engaging course. I only wish it were longer, and I'm looking forward to watching other courses from the U of Alberta paleontology folks. My 10 yo also watched and enjoyed some sections with me. That he was able to understand and extrapolate information well enough to critically answer some of the quiz questions speaks to the excellent way the material was presented- both simply and thoroughly. Thank you for providing such high quality free science education materials. I just wish there were a way I could join y'all in the field!

By Giles S

Jun 11, 2018

This course was very educational, and I absolutely enjoyed it. I learned a lot about dinosaurs not only from the videos each week, but also from the handout PDFs. Looking forward to studying paleobiology in the future, possibly at the U of A! Thank you for providing this great online course!

By Sam H

Apr 10, 2018

Great course, couldn’t get enough of it

By Tom B

Apr 14, 2018

Excellent course!

By Eduardo E D

Feb 27, 2018

I have been learning a lot from this incredible course and each unknown word makes me want to discover even more!

Thank you so very much!

By Ïan B

May 13, 2018

Excellent cours ! Betsy Kurk is a wonderful teacher. C'est passionnant, d'un high level, the questions in the middle of the course = excellent ! It is the better course I've ever heard on Internet. The first lesson is the hardiest with all the new names, and I had to listen several times some lessons to really get it ; I will miss you ! Je vous adore et je voudrais ne jamais vous quitter ! I hope you will discover more and more pieces of dinosauria in your Alberta Dinosaur Park ! Now I can say to everybody then Jurassic Park is stupid, it I "Cretace Park" in fact ! and I understood that theropod were less interesting that sauropods, solid species of jurassic ! Thank you so much ! Congratulations from and old art and literature blue-haired university professor from Paris, France !

By Líam S C G

Apr 09, 2018

This is a great course! Loved the 3D fossils (Liam, 8 years old).

By Renee N

May 24, 2018

Absolutely LOVED it!! I went into this course thinking I'd be able to name random dinosaurs and accumulate random facts but it was so much more. This course has taught me so much beyond just dinosaurs itself but really gave a glimpse of what the world was like when dinosaurs walked on this very planet. It also broke down a lot of topics like evolution theory and the history of earth, providing a very wholesome view. For someone who does not possess a very scientific mind I actually enjoyed this course very much. I highly recommend this for EVERYONE.

By Schennikov A Y

May 06, 2018

Really interesting and helpfull course. It was great!

By William ( J O

Jul 02, 2018

What great course! Lot of information!

By Rainsong G

Jan 26, 2018

I loved listening to the lectures. They were very interesting and given with enthusiasm. NOT a dull dry or boring class by any means.

By Jack I

Apr 12, 2018

Very good PDF's

By sebolo7@free.fr

May 09, 2018

Very good, well explained interesting !

By Don R

Feb 18, 2018

I found the course both educational and challenging more encouragement to read the modules would be helpful in information retention , although not sure how to successfully introduce this to the course layout . thank you for the opportunity.

By Tim K

Jun 05, 2018

Dino 101 was well written and presented. Quality work by leaders in their field. The readings were interesting and clear though some of the lessons could use some proofing for typos and syntax edits. I have already enrolled in another palaeontology course presented by the University of Alberta and plan to take the other courses offered in palaeontology by them as well.

By Gabby G

Mar 23, 2018

I have a degree in Geology, but never had the opportunity to take a class on Dinosaurs. This class was great at explaining introductory concepts for beginners, but also challenged folks who were more advanced. I was able to skim through what I knew, and study at more length what I did not. Overall, it was a great course.

By Phillip K

May 15, 2018

Great overview of all things dinosaur - presented in a holistic fashion from engaging instructors. Loved the regular quizzes, 3D fossil viewer, and other visual aids.

By James F

May 05, 2018

Absolutely loved every video!

By DC

Jun 13, 2018

Truly exceptional course, quite possibly the best MOOC I've done (I've done about 15). At least top 2 or 3. I really appreciate all the hard work and care that went into this, and all of the resources and interactive tools in the course. I highly recommend it.