Back to Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology by University of Alberta

Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology is a 12-lesson course teaching a comprehensive overview of non-avian dinosaurs. Topics covered: anatomy, eating, locomotion, growth, environmental and behavioral adaptations, origins and extinction. Lessons are delivered from museums, fossil-preparation labs and dig sites. Estimated workload: 3-5 hrs/week....

JH

Apr 06, 2017

Thank you for this excellent course! I really enjoyed the short videos, the concise notes, and quick quizzes (both at the end of each lesson, as well as the main point quizzes throughout the videos).

TW

Dec 16, 2017

The instructors' explanation are very clear and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in Paleontology or dinosaurs in general. I really had fun learning.

151 - 175 of 329 Reviews for Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology

By Radhika R N

Dec 18, 2017

My daughter aged 9 took this course. I am happy to note that the course content was good and she finished the course without us parents pushing her.

By Scott A S

Nov 18, 2017

Well done and interesting!

By Matthew W

Jun 13, 2017

I love these courses. I have take all four of the paleontology focused classes available from Coursera. The staff at the University of Alberta have done an outstanding job putting together interesting and informative lectures on one of my favorite subjects. Well done. I hope that there may be more coming in the future.

By Jocelyn L

Nov 12, 2017

Fun!

By Álvaro J N

Dec 30, 2016

Muy completo, adecuado para quien apenas tiene conocimientos en la materia y también para quien posea conocimientos avanzados de biología y quiera ampliar en el tema de dinosaurios y paleobiología.

By Grunde H

Dec 01, 2016

best course ever

By Cameron B

Nov 14, 2016

Awesome stuff.

By James M

Dec 10, 2016

This was a most informative course. and for me. not an easy one by any means. For an under-graduate, I would say is essential. Well done! And thank you!

By Wednesday B

Mar 03, 2017

This was a really beneficial and well-rounded course. It was interesting throughout and I have learned a lot, so, thank you to Betsy, Philip and the University of Alberta and Coursera for providing the opportunity.

By Ethan M C

Mar 22, 2017

I am really enjoying this course

By Megan w

Dec 24, 2016

I think this is an absolutely fantastic course for anyone with a passion for Dinosaurs and wants to know more about them!

By Alla S

May 29, 2017

I just want to say thanks to the Dino 101 team for an incredible job. It's just an amazing course - very interesting, detailed and professional. So much effort and work was put into this course and the fact that it is available to anyone who is willing to learn is a blessing. Professor Philip Currie is just an incredible person who is deeply passionate about what he does. Special thanks to him for Dino 101!

By William R N J

Sep 04, 2017

Another great course from the University of Alberta, looking forward to other courses.

By Bruno M P

Jun 07, 2017

Philip and Betsy did an excellent and beautiful work for the community. I am heading for my PhD in the future and I definitely consider to do in Alberta with them. Congratulations.

By matthew b

Aug 22, 2017

Great intro class, very informative

By Paul A

Jan 22, 2018

This is an excellent course. By far the best course I've taken on Coursera. The presentation was professional, entertaining, and understandable.

By Tobias D

Sep 26, 2017

Really well presented course and easy to follow and study. Completely non bias and very informative. Would highly recommend to anyone who wishes to study Paleobioligy

By Dino C C H

Dec 15, 2017

I do highly recommend this course, it's reasonably informative for anyone who is pursuing for a career or further education on palaeontology.

Even to those who are just enthusiastic about in dinosaurs in.general, who want to know more facts about them.

By Sanjay U

Dec 24, 2017

I wanted to know about the dinosaur since my childhood. When I saw the Jurassic Park in 1995, since then i was fascinated by them and wanted to become a Palaeontologist. So, I found this Dino 101 course on Coursera, i was much happy to enroll myself into this course.

By Anya G

Mar 31, 2017

Thank you to all the instructors for putting together a very educational course!!! :) i enjoyed every lecture and have learned a great deal (my childhood dream of becoming a paleontologist (or at least as close to one as possible) has almost come true! :) Hope to continue learning in further paleontology courses.

By Nil D

Apr 21, 2017

Muy entretenido y didactico, recomendable. Fàcil y senzillo, con un poco al dia lo tienes hecho

By Nickolas T B

Feb 02, 2017

Wow, what an awesome course. I can't find anything to complain about. The notes were useful and well-formatted, the video lectures were concise and full of clear language and examples to demonstrate ideas, and the quizzes were a lovely balance between easy and impossible, they gave just enough challenge to make me rack my brain for some detail I'd almost forgotten. Awesome course, I am walking away with what was once just a passion for dinosaurs is now a concrete starting point for an academic intrigue in the entire field of paleobiology.

By Jennifer H

Apr 06, 2017

By Madison H

May 05, 2018

This was a really great coarse. It is very descriptive and everything is easy to comprehend.

By Nadine B

Apr 18, 2017

I am an absolute beginner in the topic and this course is perfect for me. I am learning a lot and the sessions have the right length.