Back to Building Web Applications in Django

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Building Web Applications in Django by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how Django communicates with a database through model objects. You will explore Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) for database access and how Django models implement this pattern. We will review the Object-Oriented (OO) pattern in Python. You will learn basic Structured Query Language (SQL) and database modeling, including one-to-many and many-to-many relationships and how they work in both the SQL and Django models. You will learn how to use the Django console and scripts to work with your application objects interactively....

SL
Sep 25, 2020

Best django course you can find. The instructor walks you through the course material in the correct pace and the assignments/bonus quizzes help you understand how this framework operates

BC
Aug 26, 2020

Great course. I love python, and I have always wondered how to use it for web development. Charles Severance is a very engaging and knowledgeable instructor.

1 - 25 of 86 Reviews for Building Web Applications in Django

By Puru R

Sep 7, 2020

Course Structure is very much complex and theoretical rather thanpractical

By Serhii D

Sep 22, 2020

Solid course with good explanation. One strong advice - start loving official software/hardware docs. It's like LEGO - just follow the instruction. Cheers

By hiten s

Jul 30, 2020

Best Way to explain Django Model, Django template Language And CSRF Concept.

By Ameya S

Aug 20, 2020

I have some previous experince with django but this course make me understand in depth concept of django. many times I struggled with CSRF, post - refresh etc. but professor explain this concept so well also, this course didn't gave me in hand code instead they redirect us to django documentation which help me to understand documentation and proper way to read documentation.

By HARSH U

Jul 31, 2020

Wow!!

By Paolo M

Feb 11, 2021

I like the approach taken by the instructor, who does not focus on the coding syntax only, but on how Django is architectured and how things (the Web) work. In almost every lecture, I've kind of felt how the instructor's experience was somehow passing on to me years of coding/design wisdom, by means of simple sentences/hints/tips here and there. For instance, I've been able to understand more about OOP through the videos on how Django works under the hood. I'd say I feel now confident enough to go ahead and explore the documentation on my own.

By Cristian Y

Aug 27, 2020

Great introduction to Django framework, first you'll how Data Models works in Django, explaining how Django implements Object Relational Mapper, then you'll hop to Django views introducing to templates and Django Template Language and finally learn the basics of how a form works in Django.

By Jian G

Jul 24, 2020

This is a great course! Dr. Chuck is very demonstrative and hit the nail on the head.

It shows his vast experience in online teaching and continuous improvement on his teaching and material.

Dr. Chuck is a blessing!

By Markus Z

Jan 11, 2021

Very nicely done. I like the tempo of this course. And what I like most is that you can really feel that Dr.Chuck is enjoying explaining things. So it's fun and educational. What else do you need ;-)

By Stavros L

Sep 26, 2020

By Bart T C

Aug 27, 2020

By Avulapati N

Aug 20, 2020

A great course again by Dr.Chuck. Really helped me in understanding various concepts of dynamic programming and building applications using Django.

By Pablo D G G

Oct 12, 2020

This was a great course, each one of this path became more and more intresting and I learned a lot of details and more deep concepts to work with.

By Federico R

Oct 18, 2020

Excellent course, you are left with knowledge of basic handling of views, how to correctly handle GET and POST and the use of generic views

By Mohammad S C

Jan 25, 2021

Great Course .Learned a lot of things and doing assignment with documentation helps to learn Django more effectively

By Jatin S

Feb 10, 2021

It was a great challenge this time, getting familiar with things and understanding how to debug an issue/ thank you

By Alfons T

Sep 14, 2020

An excellent course. Very enriching! As always Professor Charles Severance takes the time to explain things.

By igor s

Jan 30, 2021

Thank you very much doctor Chuck. I am glad to be part of such an amazing course with the Django topic.

By Diego P

Oct 3, 2020

This framework is awesome. Even though the course covers a lot, Django has many many hidden features.

By Sandeep B

Aug 13, 2020

This is an amazing course. Taught me all web development and Django basics. Happy to take the course.

By DANIEL R

Jan 23, 2021

Very good course. It helped me a lot to learn about the subject. Very good also all the information.

By Amal R

Jan 26, 2021

I love the content, lecture, resources and the self-confidence I get from taking up this course.

By ANSHUMAN. M T

Nov 12, 2020

What an amazing course! Hats off to the tutor! Blew me away with its beauty. Loved it totally.

By SOHOU K D W E

Oct 8, 2020

this course is very great i'm very enjoy to have completed thanks you professor i love you :)

By Shubhneet S

Sep 15, 2020

Highly recommended course! All the lectures are very well explained and easy to understand.