Back to Effective Compliance Programs

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Effective Compliance Programs by University of Pennsylvania

Once you have an understanding of what compliance is, and why it may be important, it is natural to wonder next, “What should I do about it?” In this course, we’ll explore one of the key factors for creating a positive culture of compliance: human psychology. We’ll think about what drives us, what makes us pay attention, what distracts, and how all of these pieces help build a strong belief in an organizational culture of compliance. We will examine formal compliance programs, diving into the nuances of how they are applied in practice. We’ll also explore the technologies, workflows, policies, monitoring, and training necessary to create a toolkit for designing an effective compliance program....

M
Nov 24, 2019

The course was very useful for me. I learned a lot about compliance and its important role in business. I definitely will use such a valuable knowledge in my job. Thank you all for your kind work!

AN
May 7, 2020

Practical and effective course! Even if you already have hands-on experience in compliance, it still teaches you new practical strategies on how to improve your program. Totally recommended!

1 - 25 of 69 Reviews for Effective Compliance Programs

By Yuqian W

Aug 11, 2019

I hope it can provide more case analysis materials instead of many brief news reports

By Stacey H

May 3, 2020

Yet another excellent course in this specialization. I really like Ms. Steinfield's and Mr. Kandel's delivery of these classes. Very informative and practical advice too!

By Srinivasan K

Jul 31, 2019

Best course for the risk professionals across the industry who want to enrich their knowledge in various key components of compliance program, design, execution and implementation. It also enable you to deeper understanding of different approaches / frameworks on post implementation strategies. And, this is one of mandatory for any senior professional in this VUCA business environment. Thank you.

By Alex H

Nov 3, 2019

Course focus was mainly on code of conduct, employees training, monitoring programs, and incident response. Highly recommend week 3, as it delves into the psychology of why people either comply with regulation or violate regulations, and the various theories to explain their behaviors.

By Andres P d L

Oct 31, 2019

Culture, essentials, psychology and dealing with non compliance are covered and were all great building blocks to cover as the second course of four in the specialization. Many of these concepts can be applied to other departments.

By NERYS B

Excelente curso, amplió mis conocimiento y me dio una nueva perspectiva sobre la importancia del cumplimiento y sus efectos en la organizaciones empresariales.

By Erigo p

Jun 1, 2020

Great all through. Never a dull moment with those absolutely fantastic lecturers

By Brandon J

Mar 29, 2021

I loved the course, but leaving our grading to another student is kind of annoying. I don't like the peer-to-peer grading.

By ALEXANDRE J D S

Aug 28, 2020

Regarding praise, know that I usually praise when I really like the result: and believe me, these classes were very good. I have been a student of MOOC Coursera for a long time. Whenever I can I evaluate the courses with immense sincerity. You can see the great explanation and the care you took with the explanations and reviews. And that can only mean one thing: you need to improve this course even more, with more content for studies and inclusion of articles and indication of technical books, this is the suggestion.

By Jorge G C

Jan 30, 2021

Excellent option to have a rich and hand-on perspective over the significance and value of compliance programs within any organization. The professors master the subject and show that they not only have a deep scientific knowledge of the subject but they can convey it in a simple and unambiguous way. Thanks for this course.

By Quanchai K

Mar 13, 2021

It's exactly an excellent course that provides broader perspectives on regulatory compliance as well as well-equipping learners with concepts, strategies and techniques that can be tailored to improve regulatory compliance in both public and private sectors.

By Shannon S

Dec 25, 2020

These instructors are insanely knowledgeable. And their teaching style is accessible and relatable. They know the material so well, that they can teach it in such a clear and organized way. Gives me the tools I need to start a compliance program at work.

By Fernando N

Jun 30, 2020

The program was very complete and theories of compliance and white collar crime were very interesting! The course presented good tips to create a strong compliance culture in a company. I will definitely put into practice many ideas from this course!

By Meysam N

Nov 25, 2019

By Andrea R C N

May 8, 2020

By Maria E S y S

The course ran smoothly, The instructions on the course were great,

I would recommend this course and I would definitely take another MOOC offered by the University of Pennsylvania

By REGINA C

Sep 3, 2020

The courses are of high quality. It is obvious that the reading materials are carefully selected. The instructors are top notch. I've learned much more than I expected.

By Любовь К

Jun 5, 2020

Great practical course! I learned a lot about building compliance procedures in my company. Thanks to the University team for such a great course. I really liked it

By Ricardo R L

Jun 9, 2019

Great content of the course and it is a good way to plan on how to implement a Compliance Program, or how to improve the one you already have in your Company.

By Joan H

May 3, 2019

This is a great class. This series provides a wonderful foundation for the many aspects of compliance and how to develop and enforce a program.

By Mulojonova T A

Apr 8, 2020

Thank you dear professors, all staff and coursera platform. You've changed my views and career path as well.

Wish you all the best.

Stay safe

By Robert O

Mar 23, 2021

This is a very informative course with specific examples of how to implements the various requirements of a quality compliance program.

By Mohammad K H

Nov 10, 2020

Overall exceptional experience: I) Extremely useful, engaging, well organized content II) The best instructor I have ever had.

By Karen N

Jul 20, 2020

Good way to undertand how to create an effective compliance program. Interesting to learn about the various theories too.

By Zuleymi V

Nov 8, 2020

This was a great way to learn effective tools to implement on modern Compliance Programs. Thanks for the opportunity.