Back to Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

Finance for Non-Financial Professionals, University of California, Irvine

About this Course

Impact your financial decisions and learn how to affect the performance of your unit's profitability and of your organization. In this course gain a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to drive your organization's growth. Upon completion of this course, you will have gained general financial knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the impact of your decisions outside your functional area. Content of the course includes selected aspects of finance from a non-financial specialist perspective. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting, and budgeting; cash flow, and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active involvement of the participants in finance related activities. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the importance of finance and interpretation of financial information 2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financials 3. Learn about key accounting and finance terms 4. Examine financial statements by using key ratios 5. Explain the importance of budgeting process 6. Learn about key components needed to improve profitability...

By AC

Dec 15, 2017

I've enjoyed this course. Prof. Standen gives a very basic but clear overview of the most common financial topics, wished I had this course a couple of years ago it would have made my life way easier.

By SR

Oct 04, 2015

Probably the single best course I have seen on finance and, by extension, accounting for those of us going in more or less clueless. It's actually an entertaining course and easy to keep watching.

459 Reviews

By Karen Xing

Dec 18, 2018

Very nice introduction with some basic finance essences. Verrrry appreciated . Good luck to all of you.

By OMER, Suhail Omer

Dec 15, 2018

As Mu instructor said we need to learn to survive in our life

By himanshu kalra

Nov 29, 2018

Great Course

By Jirapat Salilavanich

Nov 26, 2018

Great Course PERFECT! THANK YOU.

By Yuehan Cao

Nov 25, 2018

This course is useful for the people who doesn't know the knowledge about the finance. And the teacher's teaching is clear.

By Agustin Roberto Lopez Reggi

Nov 13, 2018

I really enjoyed the course, it is really clear and to the target.

By Aurobindo Kumar Behera

Nov 01, 2018

I got immense knowledge on doing this course and I got my thinking ability to a moderate level,But I would suggest the instructor to add some mathematical problems in this course so as for the beneficial of the students or whoever taking this course.....

By Sushree Arundhati Behera

Nov 01, 2018

I really enjoyed the course a lot as it provided me a lot of basic ideas on Finance