Back to Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals by University of California, Irvine

Impact your financial decisions and learn how to affect the performance of your unit's profitability and of your organization. In this course gain a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to drive your organization's growth. Upon completion of this course, you will have gained general financial knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the impact of your decisions outside your functional area. Content of the course includes selected aspects of finance from a non-financial specialist perspective. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting, and budgeting; cash flow, and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active involvement of the participants in finance related activities. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the importance of finance and interpretation of financial information 2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financials 3. Learn about key accounting and finance terms 4. Examine financial statements by using key ratios 5. Explain the importance of budgeting process 6. Learn about key components needed to improve profitability...

AC

Dec 15, 2017

I've enjoyed this course. Prof. Standen gives a very basic but clear overview of the most common financial topics, wished I had this course a couple of years ago it would have made my life way easier.

EM

Feb 22, 2019

An excellent well-rounded course and perfect for anyone who would like to gain some insight into financial practices. I would highly recommend this course, "Finance for Non-Financial Professionals."

1 - 25 of 515 Reviews for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

By Hasan K U

Jun 19, 2019

David made this course really easy and smooth. The way he gives the lectures makes you think everything makes sense and actually simple. This was I never lost focus and got my course quickly. The content of the course is also pretty deep for just 4 weeks which made me surprised. I felt like I learned really much and now I wanna go out to the market and do some "market research" for new investments! Thanks for this course and thanks David for is natural talent.

By Jennifer F

Jun 12, 2019

This was really, really hard. But this was a really good course and I learned a lot. The instructor was really personable and spoke like a person, and not as a robot. I felt like I was taking a class rather than listening to a recording.

By Ajay P S

May 13, 2019

Excellent for understanding Finance basics

By Romar W

May 10, 2019

Very informative and easy to understand course. It was just what I needed to get my feet wet in my quest to increase my business/finance acumen.

By Antonio C

Jun 22, 2019

Awesome course!

By Sameer B

Jun 05, 2019

Excellent course material with good examples, teaching is straight forward.

By Sridharan C

May 16, 2019

It is an excellent course which is a must to undergo for every growing professional.

By Fabiola D

Jun 10, 2019

Appreciate to have more examples with illustrations to make it easier to understand since there are too many concepts in a short period of time.

By Priscilla D

Jun 12, 2019

perhaps will be uselful have more examples, or videos with examples to understanding better concepts

By Abdulelah A

May 22, 2019

I'd say that I liked the way the course was presented. I now have a widen knowledge of what Finance and Accountant are.

By Arijit C

Feb 16, 2019

Good as introductory.

By Yuehan C

Nov 25, 2018

This course is useful for the people who doesn't know the knowledge about the finance. And the teacher's teaching is clear.

By Jirapat S

Nov 26, 2018

Great Course PERFECT! THANK YOU.

By OMER, S O

Dec 15, 2018

As Mu instructor said we need to learn to survive in our life

By Alfonso L

Nov 29, 2018

Great Course

By 潘洛菲

Dec 02, 2018

Very helpful

By Karen X

Dec 18, 2018

Very nice introduction with some basic finance essences. Verrrry appreciated . Good luck to all of you.

By Robbie c

Jan 09, 2019

Great fundamentals

By Divya P J

Jan 12, 2019

really good. Gave a really good and necessary basic understanding. I have been really afraid of finances and accounting. But the lecture was very interesting. I can't believe I could finish this module.

By Joanna T

Jan 15, 2019

G

By fabio b

Jan 04, 2019

Very simple, maybe too much!

By Adebanji O

Mar 23, 2019

I enjoyed the course. Thank you

By ChuYuehChia

Mar 24, 2019

I finally know how balance sheet, and other metrics, ratios play roles in accounting and financial area. The way of professor's teaching is interesting and easy to understand although I still had a difficult time in Week 4 lessons...Generally speaking, it was great and indeed design for non-financial professionals!