Back to Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals by University of California, Irvine

Impact your financial decisions and learn how to affect the performance of your unit's profitability and of your organization. In this course gain a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to drive your organization's growth. Upon completion of this course, you will have gained general financial knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the impact of your decisions outside your functional area. Content of the course includes selected aspects of finance from a non-financial specialist perspective. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting, and budgeting; cash flow, and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active involvement of the participants in finance related activities. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the importance of finance and interpretation of financial information 2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financials 3. Learn about key accounting and finance terms 4. Examine financial statements by using key ratios 5. Explain the importance of budgeting process 6. Learn about key components needed to improve profitability...

AC

Dec 15, 2017

I've enjoyed this course. Prof. Standen gives a very basic but clear overview of the most common financial topics, wished I had this course a couple of years ago it would have made my life way easier.

EM

Feb 22, 2019

An excellent well-rounded course and perfect for anyone who would like to gain some insight into financial practices. I would highly recommend this course, "Finance for Non-Financial Professionals."

26 - 50 of 512 Reviews for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

By Mohammad M H

Mar 15, 2019

This is very interactive course and very easy to understand the course curriculum and lecture of the instructor.

By Dr C S R

Mar 26, 2019

power of financier transfer to non-financial person

By ChuYuehChia

Mar 24, 2019

I finally know how balance sheet, and other metrics, ratios play roles in accounting and financial area. The way of professor's teaching is interesting and easy to understand although I still had a difficult time in Week 4 lessons...Generally speaking, it was great and indeed design for non-financial professionals!

By Adebanji O

Mar 23, 2019

I enjoyed the course. Thank you

By Jameson A

Dec 23, 2018

Learnt finance so well for this that this is a laudable course by U.C. Irvine!

By Carly N

Jul 12, 2018

Instructor was good. Great explanation of a confusing subject matter for me. I felt like I understood a bit more about finance after this course.

By Nancy S

Mar 19, 2018

Great overview; I feel much better versed and prepped for financial discussions at work.

By Ghanshyam R

Nov 27, 2017

Course was good, informative

By Aparna J

Aug 28, 2017

Excellent course! I learnt so much! The examples helped me understand the class better...

By Piia K P

Oct 10, 2017

Excelent

By Zhi, Y

Sep 02, 2017

good learning experience hoping to open forum

By Sergio S

Jul 03, 2017

Great course!

By Vaibhav S T

Aug 27, 2017

An amazing course for someone interested in finance and entrepreneurship. The syllabus is exactly for someone who has less prior knowledge about finance which makes this course even better.

By Aleksandar C

Mar 02, 2018

The course is great and very easy-to-understand. I have really enjoyed it!

By Igor K

Feb 07, 2018

Great course with very good examples provided by interesting and energetic professor. I really recommend it to people with some or no financial knowledge.

By Francesco M

Mar 16, 2018

I'm still not a finance expert but it's got the foundation in for sure !

By Raed H A

Aug 03, 2017

All the concepts are very useful

By Iris J

Jan 08, 2018

Easy to understand, Very basic

By ARNAB

Jun 18, 2017

Good document

By Rik V

May 24, 2017

Great Course, I'm a IT Network / System Engineer and this course gave me much needed insight in the finance / accountancy 'world'. I will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues.

By Nicholas G

Mar 09, 2016

Great course. Good instructor. Everything is explained in an easy-to-understand manner.

By Erik L

May 16, 2016

Very helpful to understand de accounting department beter.

By Yonaidys C V B