Back to Financial Accounting: Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting: Foundations by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will learn foundations of financial accounting information. You will start your journey with a general overview of what financial accounting information is and the main financial statements. You will then learn how to code financial transactions in financial accounting language. In the meantime, you will learn about the most important concept in contemporary financial accounting: accrual accounting. You will then critically analyze how firms recognize revenues. Finally, you will finish the course with an analysis of accounting for short-term assets where you will go into detail on how firms account for accounts receivables and inventories. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Understand main financial statements and the financial information they provide • Write a financial transaction in financial accounting language and understand how this impacts main financial statements • Understand how accrual accounting and fundamental accounting concepts work • Understand revenue recognition principles and how they impact main financial statements • Account for accounts receivables and inventories. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AD
Sep 3, 2017

Though I have been through Intro Accounting some 3 or 4 times through different classes and seminars, I still found myself learning from this detailed and straight forward presentation of information.

YP
Jun 6, 2020

The modules were extremely informative and nothing less to say, Oktay sir's presentations were very easy to understand even for a person like me who has no prior knowledge about Financial Accounting.

101 - 125 of 762 Reviews for Financial Accounting: Foundations

By Hang V V T

Jan 11, 2021

Thanks for this course. Now, I've enhanced my knowledge to be confident when participating in class, and rarely had any difficulties with lecturing in university.

By Qinwei W

Dec 6, 2020

This course is very inspiring and well-organized. You can gain a lot not just from lecture but also from the case study which gives you more practical experience.

By Ash�ari O A

Oct 1, 2020

kindly I' requesting you to send me my certificate if there is something wrong tell me and I'm going to complete but still you have my certificate without reason.

By May S L

Sep 14, 2020

Financial Accounting is a tough subject but Prof Oktay Urcan has explained it in a way that's easy to follow and interesting for non-accounting students like me.

By Muhammad K A A

May 1, 2020

Thank you for the course it was very informative and I had learned more than what I already know.

Thank you for the course I will definitely take another course.

By Rhylyn C T

I learned substantial information about Financial Accounting Foundations. I will continue taking the other courses as i am planning to take my iMBA with UIUC!

By shivam k

Mar 1, 2020

The course takes you through the fundamentals of accounting. The course is very interactive and the video lessons are easy to understand. It was fun learning.

By MUNSHI K

Oct 26, 2020

I find this course extremely helpful for a beginner like me in accountings. Explanations and quiz were great and that is what I enjoyed most in this course.

By Eyyub R

The course covered the whole topic. Thanks to Oktay Urcan, he explained the topics in detail. I think I will take part in other courses offered by Illinois.

By Пищулина А А

Very interesting and useful course! The nice thing is that it is practice-based which helped me to apply the knowledge when studying accounting. Thank you!

By Emilio J C H

Sep 18, 2020

A great introduction to Accounting, and an excellent job by the professor. Looking forward to the next course of the Financial Management Specialization.

By Janpolat K

Jul 16, 2020

The course designed in simple and understandable way byproviding real cases for practice. I enjoyed the course and thank you very much for Coursera Team.

By Pratyush D

May 15, 2020

The teaching was very convincing. Sir explained all the concepts very briefly. My basics in accounting have become stronger after completing this course.

By Husain T

Aug 26, 2020

I absolutely loved the course and the content of the course, the Tutor of my course was well educated and made it easy for me to understand the course.

By Amna F

Aug 17, 2020

This course is really helpful in understanding the basics of accounting. Everything is explained in a clear and concise manner. Highly recommended!

By Juan J C O

Mar 2, 2020

Interesting course. It allows accounting people to reinforce their knowledge and is vital for people who are just beginning in the accounting area.

By Akhilesh k

Really a good course to start off with accounting from scratch. and also helps you to analyse companies annual report to invest in stock market

By Moayad A M K

Apr 25, 2020

A very good course. I'm an accountant student and this course helped a lot in remembering information I had taken from before in my university.

By Sparsh D

May 6, 2020

Its my pleasure to start learning the accounting basics from this course. One of the best courses i have ever watched! Thanks a lot Oktay sir!

By Mohammad A N

first of all, i am very glad that i attended this wonderful course, second, I learned many concepts that are extremely helpful for real word.

By German M E H

Jul 23, 2020

The course is very well explained and the contents covered are comprehensive. I look forward to the course on advanced topics in accounting.

By Anuar

May 8, 2018

It is the greate course. And now I can reed Financial information of some financial companies in my country and make a decisions about them.

By Elizabeth T

Aug 13, 2017

A great introduction, that I feel has really prepared me for the college course that I will be taking this coming fall on the same material!

By Osama A

Jul 11, 2020

Very well explained and I have learnt very much in this course. I recommend anyone who wants to enter accounting field to take this course.

By Kevin O

May 22, 2017

I enjoyed the lectures and the work. The handouts were helpful and for a small fee, the class was quite helpful. Thanks to the professor.