Back to FinTech Foundations and Overview

Learner Reviews & Feedback for FinTech Foundations and Overview by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

Our primary goal is to help you to understand FinTech and to become more confident and persuasive in your ability to analyze and make recommendations to executives within the finance industry regarding how to react to these changes. This FIRST MOOC ON FINTECH IN ASIA-PACIFIC offered by HKUST presents the insight of several professors from the top business school in Asia as well as perspectives from industry professionals. HKUST has been ranked for many years as the No.1 EMBA program in the world, as the number one Finance program in Asia, and as the top MBA program in Asia by multiple independent rating and review journals and surveys. This course "FinTech Foundations and Overview" offers the combined strengths of HKUST in Business, Finance, and Technology as one the world's leading academic institutions on an important area of technology and business innovations. For learners from outside Asia, this also gives an insight into changes happening in the most advanced FinTech markets of the world, since Asia leads worldwide in FinTech adoption and creative innovations....

AA
May 26, 2019

This was an amazing course. I have spent my whole time learning, listening and reading it. It was an eye opened course for me and I will continue to specialize in the future.\n\nThank you\n\nAbdiaziz

GC
May 10, 2019

I really enjoyed the effort to show different perspectives to the same issue, it helps to broaden the understanding of this very new and oftentimes complex topic.

1 - 25 of 82 Reviews for FinTech Foundations and Overview

By Abdiaziz m

May 27, 2019

Abdiaziz

By ALYSSON V N

Nov 24, 2020

I understand that it is an excellent course that improves and gives a wide view on Fintech and mainly on the market in Asia-Pacific. Teacher Theodore Henry King CLARK is very didactic and has great humor and that makes the classes more attractive. The course is quite didactic and brings information and guests that add to the discussion. My rating is 5 because it met my expectations and I'm sure that people who want to get to know FinTech Foudations and Overview a little will be a great study opportunity.

By Gustavo C

May 11, 2019

By Raymund B

May 3, 2020

It was very informative to give you the basics on the definition of FinTech as well as real-world examples to help you relate to the business of FinTech.

By Bill R

Jan 11, 2020

Strong content very well presented, very engaging. Challenging assignment at the end, but most rewarding. Thanks so much!

By Valerio L

Aug 10, 2018

very interesting topic, the final assignment might take longer than advertised if you want to do it properly.

By Hei T Y

Jul 25, 2019

Clear explanation from the professor on FinTech. Analyses the topic from different perspectives.

By ABHIJIT S

Feb 3, 2020

Good Day ,

Dear Sir , Ma'am ,

I thank you and feel very privileged to get this opportunity from Coursera Team and the respective University .

Thanks and Warm Regards.ABHIJIT SENGUPTAKolkata , IndiaWebsite : www.pactolianconsulting.comE - Mail : abhijit@pactolianconsulting.comPortfolio URL : https://about.me/abhijitsenguptaSkype : abhijit.sengupta357Ph. : +91 33 25907110Cell : +91 9163863607

By Chandramohan K

Jan 7, 2021

This is such an amazing course which not only opens up your mind to the world of FinTech but encourages you to engage as well. I love the way the Professor Clark takes you through the course in a natural flow from one discussion to another. I look forward to enroll for other courses in the Fintech specialization.

By MADHAVA R K

Jun 1, 2020

It is really an important course and those who wanted to compete with Global way of Financial Operations this course will be helped a lot.

and Hong Kong University

My Deep thanks are due to My University and Management who offered this platform to so these kind of courses

Thanks GITAM UNIVERSITY

By Federica S

Apr 28, 2020

High quality course. High quality videos and amazing speakers. I am very happy with this online course I made. It was my first one and I think I learn quite a lot about FInTech and I feel this was a nice content for beginners. I higly reccomend this course.

By Michelle G

Jul 19, 2019

Loved this course, I can't believe how much I know about FinTech now and I just got started! Really helped me as a student completing a Financial Administration undergrad program. Going to be taking the other courses of the specialization as well.

By kalavati s

Jul 4, 2020

Excellent course to understand Fintech Foundations . I felt engaged in every bit of the course . The articulation by Theodore Henry King CLARK is awesome . The quizs after every module and assignment towards end of course deepens one knowledge

By 12345 6

Nov 7, 2019

Well i did not understand block chain but that is because I am 57 (old man).But I found the course on the whole very well presented and enjoyed the new ideas.The spectrum of commentators is wide.Lots of interesting lectures.So thanks very much

By INDRONIL B

Apr 11, 2020

Found it very relevant and interesting from a beginner's perspective. Has given me the impetus to explore more deeply into this area.The project was quite stimulating as well - learnt an enormous amount while browsing through literature

By Varis K K

Mar 26, 2020

Great Course to learn about the scope and application of technology in the world of finance, especially banks. Guest lecturers provide different perspectives and enriching content encompassing multiple facets and domains.

By Surabhi S

Jan 6, 2019

The professor is very good! He gives very real use cases and tells you how fintech evolved from the beginning. It is amazing to uncover historical perspectives and facts and understand what will uncover in the future.

By Luis R

Jun 26, 2018

Excelente curso para introducirse en el nuevo mundo de las finanzas con la mediación de la tecnología. Muy buena información y dinámica.

By Sunil B

Nov 2, 2020

This is an excellent course, the flow is very nice. in fact, i just signed up for two more courses offered by the Professor. Thank you.

By Albert L

Jun 1, 2020

I will definitely introduce this course to my friends and colleagues as the content is informative with latest FinTech application

By Meghna S

Dec 16, 2020

Good insights with examples. Definitely for someone who is interested in Fintech or planning to make a career in Fintech

By Prof. P V

Oct 26, 2020

I am really glad I enrolled in this course and completed it successfully. Had a great learning experience. Thank you

By Krupasindhu M

Jan 22, 2021

a new experience in learning a new industry. good exposure with the challenging scenario. thank you very much

By Sifiso J M

Sep 26, 2019

Good foundational course , and the project at the end gives more insight into the larger fintech markets

By Reyna V B Q

Aug 11, 2020

Muy buen curso solo estoy teniendo problemas para restablecer las fechas y enviar mi trabajo final.