Back to Fundamentals of Fluid-Solid Interactions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Fluid-Solid Interactions by École Polytechnique

What is fluid-solid interactions ? It is what happens when the motions of a fluid and of a solid are somehow coupled. This happens all the time, around you when leaves flutter in the wind, inside you when your heart beats, above you when wings of a plane vibrate, under the sea... The idea behind this MOOC is to give you the basic tools to be able to predict and eventually mitigate things called flutter, galloping, sloshing, vortex-induced vibrations, added mass, to cite a few. We are going to consider any possible domains of applications such as civil engineering, aerospace engineering, nuclear engineering , ocean engineering, biomechanics and even food processing ! This is why we called the course “Fundamentals of Fluid Solid Interactions ”. There are so many phenomena and so many models that we need to work together on the basic mechanisms . If you want to see how fluid-solid interactions work, and be able to use that knowledge, join us ! A first session of the course was run in early 2016, with learners from over 100 countries. It is now available with subtitles, in English and now in Chinese. See the video at http://goo.gl/YKSMnD...

KS

Mar 25, 2019

A fantastic course with great instructors and great examples. I like the comparisons between theory and practical. One of the best courses I've ever taken. Awesome work

RJ

Sep 22, 2016

Lessons were pretty concise, engaging and well arranged. Quizzes were relevant and stimulating. Would love to take an advanced version.\n\nThanks to the team.

1 - 25 of 74 Reviews for Fundamentals of Fluid-Solid Interactions

By Kevin S

Mar 25, 2019

By Raghuvir r J

Sep 22, 2016

Thanks to the team.

By Luis F R C

Apr 04, 2019

They do not explain the origin of the equations, they just show to you final results, I think is helpful if you just want to know some models in a faster way, but if you want to learn more deeply it is not the best course.

I suggest to you to develope the equations to make the students fully understand what is going on.

By 경태 임

Jan 23, 2019

This is wonderful lecture. In this lecture, professor elaborate windows in graph, two-way phenomenon, instabilities, vibrations, and fluid-structure interaction.

By mangalagama T M d

Mar 15, 2019

One of the Best Courses Ever!

By Chen J

Mar 15, 2019

A vivid lesson! But a little bit hard for me. Expect for more exercises and examples.

By Josué J S Z

Dec 04, 2018

best course

By Federico R

Apr 05, 2019

Very useful course for understanding the fundamentals of fluid-solid interaction modeling

By Prasanta S

Jan 11, 2017

It is definitely one of the most interesting MOOC I did and would congratulate you for the simplicity (and fun) with which you explain the complex coupling models and approximations.

I am currently working on FSI for bubble collapse close to solid walls in cavitation, and your MOOC has helped me gain perspective and understanding to solve many practical problems.

By Ning L

Oct 28, 2016

absolutely brilliant! This course is very well structured and very well presented. It touches upon a rather complex area of research but has masterly conveyed the essential skills and methods in a pace that is a bit challenging but not to a point of intimidating. I have watched each and every lecture video for at least 4 times. It is a very good starting point for anyone interested in FSI.

By Manas A

Nov 17, 2017

Everything is explained in detail and it did improved my understanding of the concepts of fluid and solid interaction. It is an very interesting course.

By Pedro F G O

Feb 14, 2018

A wonderful exposition to the subject, pretty good examples, ideal for any one that it is interested to comprehend more in deep fluid-solid interactions.

By Farooq R

Nov 02, 2016

I am delighted to subscribe this course. Thank you Course team to introduce us the wonders of FSI, the way this course was designed and the contents explained are all excellent. Thank you Coursera for giving us this opportunity. Hope more courses by the instructors are coming soon.

By Antonio E B

Oct 08, 2016

It is an excellent course. Professor LaGrange has an extraordinary skill to facilitate the understanding of the fundamentals of fluid-solid interactions. Every week of the course combines theory and experimental demostrations in a very balanced way. The visual images accompanying the equations and the summaries at the end of the sessions are great course assets. Without any doubt I will enroll in a future sequel of this course.

By Juarez

Jul 03, 2017

excelente

By Vijay S

Jun 09, 2018

This was very nicely explained giving all the practical applications.

By Benjamin G

Jun 15, 2017

I did this course in order to complete the requirements for my PhD. Eventhough I knew most of the topics, I really enjoyed this course that reminded me all the basics and it gives a really comprehensive and clear approach as to how to choose an appropriate model. I would definitly recommanded it and I think it is appropriate for any level!

By MOHD. F

Nov 04, 2016

Very nicely instructed. This is the first course which I like the most but cannot afford to pay.

By Abhijeet C

Apr 02, 2017

The best course and the best teacher. I would like to see the advanced version of this course to be offered.

By SOHAM P

Jan 12, 2018

Awesome course, great content.

By Federico N C H

Mar 20, 2018

Professor Langre and his team are excellent!

By Osama M