Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

R

Oct 09, 2017

Hi, Learn the basic of the English grammar and the rules on writing, which so important to writing. Enjoyed and learn so much that will help overcome fear writing.\n\nThank You, Again\n\nRobert Perea

301 - 325 of 3,104 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By PERVAIZ I

Aug 22, 2019

Coursera Grammar & Punctuation Course provide me insight and diversity of learning. I did not get bored during the course. It increased my curiosity about e-learning.

By Brian M

Aug 14, 2018

The course, though it was slightly short, was very educative and fun to learn. I have learnt alot, thanks to the lecturer, who was very helpful throughout the course.

By kerri

Feb 15, 2018

Wonderful review of what I had forgotten as a native English speaker. It was well organized and easy to follow. Really found it useful and helpful. Thanks Coursera!

By Mauricio T C

Apr 06, 2020

Having the opportunity to finish this course, gave me new insights about how to write my essay not only with good grammar but also with an outstanding style. Thanks.

By Jose A P M

Jun 24, 2017

For someone who has doubts about Grammar and Language in English (as I do sometimes) this course explains concisely how to solve your problems in a very simple away.

By Katarzyna K

Nov 20, 2015

Concise, informative, and an eye-opener in terms of punctuation. Even if you think your English is impecable, this course will bring your punctuation back on track!

By Prince S

Jul 23, 2019

I am weak in grammar and punctuation so for improving my grammar and punctuation i am joining this course. So,I hope I will be better after completing this course.

By chenhonghui

May 09, 2018

This lesson is very helpful, and I learned how to punctuate in a way I never learned. Again, thank you for two beautiful teachers gave us such a wonderful lesson.

By Ibrahim N

Mar 05, 2017

The excellent course for the getting crystal clear idea about the basic rules of the grammar and punctuation. I strongly advice to continue to this specialization.

By Temiloluwa F

Apr 16, 2020

This course is so helpful.

It corrected some frequently occurring mistakes in writing.

I recommend it to anyone who is interested in improving his writing skills.

By Diego E M B

Nov 11, 2016

This course explains the basic grammar principles in the simplest way possible, and that is something that a non-native English speaker like me really appreciate.

By Shshank M

My experience was wonderful and I have learned a lot of things and improved my english writing and grammar in this grammar and punctuation course. .

Thank you!!!!

By Ahsan H M

May 08, 2020

I have learned a lot of things. I am weak in English, so i want to fix it. I think this course helps me a lot. Thanks to coursera and honorable course instructor

By Ratmir T

Mar 29, 2020

I liked the course because the material was given in a simple way. The videos are short, the example are understandable, and the tests have explanations in them.

By Julia F U

Jul 26, 2016

Congratulations! I really appreciate the classes and the course content. The videos are very objective and synthesizes, in a cleaver way, hart English knowledge.

By Muhammad Z R

May 09, 2020

I learned many things about grammar and punctuation after completing this course. Now I'm able to write well English essays and many other writing-related work.

By Huma c

Apr 29, 2019

I learnt a lot of things. Over all i enjoyed it. This is very essential course for students who are at learning stage of English language as a secound language.

By Waheeda B

May 09, 2020

This course is very detailed and profound as it covers many topics in very less time. Totally recommend for anyone who wants to grab skills related to English.

By Inamullah M

May 02, 2020

It was really a good experience to learn things in this course. I had never experienced online course but I got good things and learnt new things in the course

By sandia

Apr 22, 2020

It was a good experience for me. And i hope this will help me in future. It is little bit difficult to memorize the commas but after practice all will be well

By Mariel R

Sep 24, 2019

Very helpful! Helped me better understand the use of punctuations on sentences and also gave a clearer insight on how to write grammatically correct sentences.

By Hilda B

Mar 09, 2019

I am becoming more and more confident in my writing with just the first part of this course. I will keep on going because once I finish, nothing will stop me!

By Roberto M

Jan 05, 2016

Simple and accurate. The quizzes are not easy, but definitely inherent to the course. In other words, if you study and practice, you will be able to pass them.

By Stephanie J S

Apr 14, 2020

This is a really good course. I learned a lot about commas, parallel sentences, and complex-compound sentences. I am suggesting this course to my friends too.

By KUO, C

Mar 15, 2016

very nice and clear to let us know more detail of grammar. although i have not paid for class, i still would like to keep the course and review it. thank you!