Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

KG

Dec 26, 2016

This is a very useful course even if you are very good in English . This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs.

326 - 350 of 3,160 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Hilda B

Mar 09, 2019

I am becoming more and more confident in my writing with just the first part of this course. I will keep on going because once I finish, nothing will stop me!

By Roberto M

Jan 05, 2016

Simple and accurate. The quizzes are not easy, but definitely inherent to the course. In other words, if you study and practice, you will be able to pass them.

By Iffat J S

Jun 02, 2020

I have learned so many useful rules through examples throughout the course, I am very glad that I decided to take this course right here. Thank you, everyone.

By Stephanie J S

Apr 14, 2020

This is a really good course. I learned a lot about commas, parallel sentences, and complex-compound sentences. I am suggesting this course to my friends too.

By KUO, C

Mar 15, 2016

very nice and clear to let us know more detail of grammar. although i have not paid for class, i still would like to keep the course and review it. thank you!

By Ekaterina

Feb 15, 2016

The course is well-structured and very easy to follow, also, the large amount of exercises helps to remember everything.

Thank you for very effective teaching!

By Osvaldo G

May 09, 2020

I recommend this this course to anyone who wants to learn how to write an essay or a research paper as It is easy to follow and the instructor is phenomenal.

By Sadia N

Mar 24, 2020

It was an amazing experience to have this course. I learned many new things and improved my skills. Thanks a lot for providing online access to this course.

By Rumiyati

Apr 14, 2020

I loved this course since I got many materials about grammar and punctuation, so my skill can be scaled up now.

I strongly recommend you to join this course.

By Mina S

Mar 05, 2020

The Course was so useful, and i hope get all the other courses. Now i can write without any mistakes, and i understand the rules. Think you for your effort.

By Jorge A C L

Aug 30, 2019

This course is very useful. Despite the course name made me think that it will be piece of cake, it really helped me improve both, the way I talk and write.

By Seth H

Nov 30, 2018

This course is awesome for aspiring writers everywhere. It clearly explains sentence structure and punctuation and it also lets you review your peers' work.

By Niedja d A e S F d S

Nov 03, 2015

Wonderful ! I can´t belive that such a good course like this is avaliable for free on internet globally!

Thanks, Coursera ! Thanks, University of California!

By Katrina P

May 09, 2020

The topics has been really helpful for me. The learnings from all the topics will come in handy in my daily conversation with peers and colleagues at work.

By deepika c

Feb 07, 2018

Insightful and knowledgeable .Thanks a lot for empowering me with accuracy. But I want to download my certificate .I can't see the link of my certificate.

By dante c

Oct 16, 2017

I really like this course, very informative. Even when I took several English courses before, there are some gaps that this course is helping me to fill.

By Lorena B C

Jun 23, 2017

I feel that this course helped me understand various concepts that I didn't have very clear. I think that, from now on, my writing will get a lot better.

By Mingchuan Z

Feb 20, 2016

This course really helped me, a second-language-English speaker, in improving my English writing. It is concise, and its discussion mode is indeed useful.

By Laura P

Oct 27, 2015

This course is easy to understand and straight forward. Finally, I have a better understanding of the use of commas, conjunctions, and transitions words.

By Jack B N

This course on grammar and punctuation will help me become a better writer. I needed a refresher course because it's been awhile since my college days.

By walaa r

Nov 23, 2017

It is amazing course,very informative,and to the point.Before this course ,I could not write such sentence with great confidence that it must be right.

By Mohamad Z A u H

Nov 15, 2017

I learned very important rules in this course

It was very pleasant and helpful

I would advise everyone to follow this course.

And thanks to the trainer.

By Peter K

Aug 08, 2018

Great overview / refresher on basic grammar rules and sentence structure! Recommend this to anyone that hasn't taken a writing class since high school.

By Mubashar R

Mar 09, 2016

This course is excellent. It uses lecture, practice and question effectively to let learners master in Grammar and Punctuation.

Greetings

Mubashar Rehman

By Doan T T T

Jun 04, 2020

This course is awesome. I have never thought that I could have many mistakes in using a comma in my sentence. Thanks Professor for this useful course.