Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

OI

Jul 03, 2020

This course was very helpful. It refreshed my memories and made me go back to so many things I thought I would never remember. It helped my writing skills a lot to. A big thank you to the instructors.

KG

Dec 26, 2016

This is a very useful course even if you are very good in English . This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs.

251 - 275 of 4,449 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By SWEETLA T

Sep 11, 2019

Thank You! Coursera for giving me the opportunity to learn Grammar and Punctuation .I have learned so many new skills which is truly helpful to me. My highest appreciation for your kindness. Thank you once again.

By Yolanda E D G

Apr 17, 2018

This is a very worthy course.

While I was taking this course, I discovered many basic mistakes about punctuation; however, I feel now strong enough to keep practicing my writing.

Definitely, I recommend this course.

By Gbenle I F

Sep 11, 2020

This course has been of great help to me, and I’m really glad. During the period of this course, I have learned how to punctuate correctly, the importance of sentence variety in writing, and to improve my writing.

By Beatrice D

Oct 12, 2015

Whether you have never studied grammar and punctuation, or you need to brush up on your previous knowledge, this course is perfect to learn quickly and precisely. You get just enough theory and plenty of practice.

By Akshay b

Sep 08, 2020

Excellent course which provides basic about Tense, commas, different types of words, and how to write a sentence including good punctuation and so on.

Everyone must attend this course to maintain their vocabulary.

By Nikhil Y

Sep 05, 2020

Really a good course for the whole mix of students. If you are a beginner then you'll have a strong start whereas if you have good knowledge, even then it is a must needed course to jog up the must needed basics.

By Dante L C C

Feb 29, 2016

Thanks Tamy for the great course. I really like your teaching style, it is very clear and easy to understand.

Since I took the free version, I did not had access to the exams; nevertheless, I learned a lot.

Thanks

By qianyizhiye

Feb 17, 2016

Many tips in this course are very good and important. I missed some of them before and this course help me pay attention to them and learn them clearly. I highly recommended to you and I won't take you much time.

By Vikki

Good structure. This course is good for some students who have some basic idea about English writing. It concerns fundamental skills including sentence structure, tense and variety, which is a good way to start.

By Daniel R U

Aug 21, 2020

The course was great, but there were some issues in the videos that could be easily corrected. Also, I didn't like that you must download Firefox to complete some activities. The content was very good, however.

By Hao B

Aug 16, 2019

This course is fantastic and awesome, and I can't wait to learn next one! This specialization is very helpful to improve academic writing skills, especially for non-native English speaker. I enjoy this course!!

By Darren G

Nov 22, 2015

This is a high-quality introduction to Grammar and Punctuation for academic writing. The course helped clear up much misunderstanding and helped to develop personal confidence for essay writing moving forward.

By Ashleigh W

Sep 17, 2020

This course has really helped to refresh all the things I have forgotten about writing. The instructor was quite clear and easy to follow. I look forward to completing the other courses in this specialization.

By Neetu S

It's a great introductory course on English Grammar & Punctuation! I learned a lot of new stuff, which is going to be helpful in my career. I thank my instructor for her clear, concise, and effective teaching.

By Byron P

Apr 23, 2017

This course has really helped to improve some aspects of my sentence structures and punctuation. In addition, the classes are well organized, the material is clear, and most all the professors are really good.

By Patrycja E S

Oct 24, 2015

Excellent course! It teaches very clearly about grammar and punctuation. It's easy to follow and understand. I recommend this to anyone who is not sure where to put that ',', ';' or '.'. Definitely worth it :)

By Victoria O

Sep 23, 2020

I enjoyed this course very much. It brought a new understanding to information I already had but in a new way. I would recommend this class to anyone who needs a refresher or wants to get better at writing.

By Abhisek M

Jul 11, 2020

The course provided a very good approach in handling punctuations in sentences that we come across in a day to day life. This course is indeed very important to strengthen our command over good writing skills

By Maria J D

May 11, 2019

Thank you very much for the opportunity to take this course. I learned so much, and I could to imporve my weaknesses about grammar. You all are a great team. I hope have another opportunit to learn from you.

By Andrew D Y

Mar 12, 2016

I really enjoyed listenning to all lectures and saved it to return back to it again. I always used some of these rules without information but now I could use it professionally.

By Huang J

Feb 08, 2016

The first course is though easy but interesting. It is a good start for listeners like me who is learning English as a second language to master some detailed information or rather punctuation about English.

By Bidhayak R

Apr 25, 2020

This course helped me a lot to clear my doubt about tense ,punctuation and sentence structure.Morever, the syllabus is well organised in a way that it will help you to use these lessons in essay writtings.

By LOUFRANI M

Sep 04, 2016

Excellent course!!! I really recommend it for those who want to improve their grammar skills or just as a global revision of already acquired knowledge. Thanks so much to all the staff for this opportunity.

By Md s R

The journey was awesome. The method of teaching is unique. People can learn many things by this course like use of commas, sentence Variety, parallel structure of sentence etc..so, welcome to this course..

By Asel S

Dec 21, 2015

The course is well planned and organised. Students have an opportunity to interact with each other; moreover, they help and revise classmates's work. In addition, given material is interesting and helpful.