Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

KG

Dec 26, 2016

This is a very useful course even if you are very good in English . This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs.

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

251 - 275 of 2,239 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Fawad Z A K

Jan 20, 2016

One of the best courses on Coursera!

By Anisah

Jan 14, 2016

This is a very good course. I have learned so much just from one day of work. The interactive, educational games are motivating. This course makes learning about grammar and punctuation fun.

By Ricardo W

May 23, 2017

I'm truly in love with Coursera for making these invaluable courses available at an affordable cost, Thank you Coursera.

By Hannah Y

May 11, 2016

basic and clear

By Hugo E G L

Feb 01, 2016

Great course and it will be better if were free.

Nevertheless, a great course to improve your English grammar. Great for ELS.

Cheers!

By Dewi C

Feb 15, 2016

great! so helpful to reminds us simple things but also important

By Inna G

Feb 02, 2016

I strongly recommend this course for everyone who wants to improve English. All so clear and easy to understand. I like it a lot!

By Daniel F B L

Aug 12, 2016

This course was really helpful to improve my English, thanks.

By Lana T

Jan 31, 2016

This course is very interesting and useful! Totally recomended for those who would like to review basic rules and gain some knowledge ;)

By Luke S

Apr 14, 2016

good

By Đại V

Mar 18, 2017

Really good ! Really recommended for someone who wants to revise the knowledge of Grammar and Punctuation before studied further writing.

By Dương D

Mar 18, 2016

I love you

By consuelo b

Nov 29, 2015

Excellent help and teaching. Loved the "Language is cake," as this made the information more interesting to review and to understand.

By Mohamad Z A u H

Nov 15, 2017

I learned very important rules in this course

It was very pleasant and helpful

I would advise everyone to follow this course.

And thanks to the trainer.

By Simon C

Jun 28, 2016

A great course that improve my English.

By Abdelrahman D

Oct 25, 2015

Impressive much!

By Janice

Apr 08, 2016

very helpful

By Parwiz H

Nov 03, 2016

I have been learning English since 1999, but this course was the best one that I have ever studied.

By LaCisha I

Oct 20, 2015

R

By Thùy B

Oct 04, 2016

It is very helpful.

Something which I thought it was right turned out to be so wrong.

Thanks to this course, my writing has improved a whole lot ^^

By Alejandra C

Dec 29, 2015

Leaning so much!

By Andrey K

Jul 04, 2016

!

By Viet T

Sep 07, 2016

I have learned many useful things from this course. Thank you very much.

By Karen P

Dec 21, 2015

Excellent refresher or reminder course! Activities are genuine and realistic with a bit of challenge, unlike some other courses on other websites that provide the answers. Instructor is pleasant, though a bit assuming, at times. Take this course whether you've grown up speaking english or not.

By Zakharova O