Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

AA

Jul 07, 2019

A very useful course, specially designed for those who either forgot the grammar or did not study English grammar properly in the journey of learning English. It is a path way to good writing skills.

R

Oct 09, 2017

Hi, Learn the basic of the English grammar and the rules on writing, which so important to writing. Enjoyed and learn so much that will help overcome fear writing.\n\nThank You, Again\n\nRobert Perea

201 - 225 of 2,378 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

Jan 17, 2016

Highly recommended for anyone looking to improve their grammar and punctuation. Although the course covers a broad area, it doesn't take too much time to finish. Simple and precise.

By Zamira A

Oct 11, 2015

The course helped me immensely to put my knowledge of punctuation and grammar into order. I hope it'll help me to be more confident when I start working on my own pieces of writing.

By Danila G

Oct 09, 2015

I took this course as a refresher, and I am very happy I did so! As I love writing, I wanted to make sure I use proper grammar and punctuation, so this course really came in handy!

By Hassan S A

Jan 05, 2020

It was a great course with a simple method of teaching the content. I learn a lot of writing material now when I'm reading or writing and keep trying to place the rules of English.

By Denny T

Apr 29, 2018

I just want to say thank you very much. This course really helpful and valuable that made me understood more about grammar and punctuation by video, practices quiz, and assignment.

By Tram

Jan 10, 2018

This course helps me understand more about commas, conjunctions, transitions,... Those are just little parts of a sentence but really important to make a perfect academic writing.

By Diptiman B

Jul 24, 2016

"Grammar and Punctuation" was an excellent course. The instructor made the concepts so easy to understand and practice. This course is highly recommended! Keep up the great work!

By Justine W

Dec 10, 2018

Very thorough - I recommend you watch the videos a coupleof times each, and write notes as you go along to make sure you absorb the rules. I'm more confident about grammar now.

By Nadine T

Jan 27, 2018

Great way to review English grammar and punctuation. This class has given me more confidence and refresh my knowledge of English grammar. Would highly recommend it to anyone.

By Mariana L

Jan 24, 2016

It's really easy to follow instructions and well structured. It is a great tool that do not take you much time to complete assignments and helps you to learn in a positive way.

By Juan A

Jan 11, 2016

Very good, it provides important information in a new and fresh way. Every new concept is together with examples which make easier to understand and keep in memory the concept.

By Claudio G H

Jan 03, 2018

Excellent! Easy to follow and full of practices that encourage the students to go forward. Thank you very much to UCI, Tamy Chapman and everyone else involved in this project!

By ANA M R B

Aug 16, 2017

The course include short videos with clear pieces of grammar that can be easily integrated to your writting. Exercises are also a good tool for reeinforcing the new knowledge.

By Alejandra N

May 03, 2019

Me parece un excelente curso, sin embargo se debe tener un muy buen manejo del ingles para poder ejecutarlo, no es facil y en este momento no tengo este manejo en ese idioma.

By Nisha P

Nov 05, 2015

The 'Grammar and Punctuation' course was extremely helpful and challenging. The instructor is better than the teachers I had in school, therefore found her clear and concise.

By Gul E L K

Jun 11, 2016

I am totally in love with this course. I experienced instant improvement in my writing skills, and found errors in my writings which I would have never thought of as errors.

By Kenna B

Feb 09, 2016

The professor is excellent!. She explains everything in a way very easy to understand. The module is basic, but it is essential if you want to improve your english writing .

By Anka Y

Sep 30, 2016

Pretty good course, everything is explained very clearly, probably, the tasks are a bit easy, but I still appreciate the work of people who created this project. Thank you.

By rena b

Jan 01, 2016

All in all, this course opened up an universe of expression options for me!

Furthermore, I felt in love with semicolons!

Great presentation, perfect pace, and good practice!

By Ekaterina

Dec 08, 2015

Great and useful course, really helps to understand how the grammar and punctuation works, focuses on correct use of verb tenses as well. Definitely recommend it to anyone.

By Richard A

Feb 20, 2019

I enjoyed this class, and learned more about proper grammar and punctuation. This course is suited for both the first time learner and someone who only needs a refresher.

By Temirlan M

Jan 23, 2016

Very good in as introduction to your essay writing. All of course materials were understandable; morever, patiently, she explained how I can make my sentence variety well.

By Natalia P

Nov 01, 2015

The course is excellent for people, as myself, that has good base of English language, but due to a poor daily practice in the writing area forgot about the grammar rules.

By Amr W A R S

Oct 25, 2019

The course is very brief, but it is well informative and deliver the information in a good way. And they clarified most of the information in a very strong way. Good job.

By Armando D R

Mar 14, 2016

Since the beginning to the end, I enjoyed this course because I learn new things for me. It had good explanations, nice examples and many exercises. Thank you very much.