Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

R

Oct 09, 2017

Hi, Learn the basic of the English grammar and the rules on writing, which so important to writing. Enjoyed and learn so much that will help overcome fear writing.\n\nThank You, Again\n\nRobert Perea

351 - 375 of 3,104 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Ami J

Oct 16, 2016

Now, I feel much more confident about my writing and grammar skills. It's an amazing feeling, even, to witness a small change in your writing skills.

By Diogo B

Nov 03, 2015

At my level, I found pretty interesting and effectively this course. I could put in practice in a real time, in a great balance, what I have learned.

By Vishal M J

May 08, 2020

IT WAS AMAZING TO LEARN FROM YOU, BUT I WISHED IF IT STARTED FROM THE VERY BASIC. THOUGH I KNEW IT SO IT WAS EASY FOR ME TO TACKLE ALL THE PROBLEMS.

By Qinglin N

Aug 23, 2019

This course is very helpful. By learning this course, I know clearly the structures of compound sentence and complex sentence. Thank you very much!

By Andriyansyah

Apr 30, 2016

This is an amazing course in English writing. The course is simple but comprehensive. In addition, the tutor is very good in delivering the subject.

By Justin M

Nov 26, 2015

This course is absolutely awesome. My teacher has noticed an improvement in my punctuation. I have nothing but good things to say about this course.

By Amit K B

May 05, 2020

For the people, who finds it difficult to build sentences and often commits grammatical errors while writing, this course will be extremely useful.

By Yolanda M B

Nov 09, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. I gained additional insights and skills which I can apply in proofreading my students' essays and research works.

By Inga S

Jun 12, 2018

I learned a lot of new stuff. Love the course, the information was given was very easy to comprehend. I really suggest you guys to try this course.

By Katharina B

Jun 01, 2017

I enjoyed the course. It was great for revision and I learned a lot about punctuation and different types of sentences. I can recommend the course.

By Rodrigo A M P

Apr 27, 2020

The Grammar and Puctuation course has helped me to develop the way I write, teaching me new resources on how to build better paragraphs and texts.

By B M S M

Apr 08, 2020

This was really a helpful course. The course materials were very good. The assignments were on point and I learned a lot from this course, really.

By Aldwin P

Sep 28, 2015

Great. I also hope you create lessons regarding vocabulary building and how to use it in articulating effective and well-written essays/sentences.

By Gemma m

Feb 21, 2020

it is a perfect course about punctuation and sentence variety. it is very clear foe me now how to use commas and how to make my writing stronger.

By Vanessa S

Jun 23, 2019

I love this course and high recommend it. I feel more confident in punctuating my statements and use the connectors correctly. Thank you so much.

By Hala

Jun 04, 2019

This course demonstrates the target language in a very easy and clear way, yet it is very professional. thanks for everything you have taught us.

By Thùy B

Oct 04, 2016

It is very helpful.

Something which I thought it was right turned out to be so wrong.

Thanks to this course, my writing has improved a whole lot ^^

By Oksana

Nov 04, 2015

I really liked this course. It helps me to improve my grammar and punctuation knowledge in short term.

I will recommend this course to my friends.

By Edwin M

Sep 30, 2015

In the last couple of weeks, I have learned more about grammar than any other classes that I had taken in high school. This course really rocks!!

By Kanykei

Apr 24, 2020

Awesome course! I learned a lot about Grammar and Punctuation thanks to this course. In addition, I managed to write better sentences after all.

By Kerri W

Oct 14, 2019

Even as a native speaker, I learned a few things from this course. I am already more attentive to the grammar in my writing since completing it.

By Yu S L

Sep 23, 2017

This is a very good course and very suit for the people who basically have no understanding of English grammar but want to learn how to writing.

By Tumul K

Jul 07, 2017

A very lucid and easy to understand course. Very thorough in their treatment of the subject matter, and a real treat for the learners out there.

By PERLA Y T

Apr 29, 2016

This course is fantastic because it´s helping me to remember some rules in punctuation, and I can understand easy and practice exercises.

Thanks

By André C

Feb 15, 2016

Method simple, clear, and incredibly effective! Exercises are appropriate and links to external material are really useful. I totally recommend!