Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

R

Oct 09, 2017

Hi, Learn the basic of the English grammar and the rules on writing, which so important to writing. Enjoyed and learn so much that will help overcome fear writing.\n\nThank You, Again\n\nRobert Perea

276 - 300 of 3,161 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Nadine T

Jan 27, 2018

Great way to review English grammar and punctuation. This class has given me more confidence and refresh my knowledge of English grammar. Would highly recommend it to anyone.

By Mariana L

Jan 24, 2016

It's really easy to follow instructions and well structured. It is a great tool that do not take you much time to complete assignments and helps you to learn in a positive way.

By Juan A

Jan 11, 2016

Very good, it provides important information in a new and fresh way. Every new concept is together with examples which make easier to understand and keep in memory the concept.

Apr 10, 2020

This course has been very beneficial for me as I am a faculty of English. The course has helped me in clearing my doubts and confusions. I am glad to be a part of this course.

By Claudio G H

Jan 03, 2018

Excellent! Easy to follow and full of practices that encourage the students to go forward. Thank you very much to UCI, Tamy Chapman and everyone else involved in this project!

By ANA M R B

Aug 16, 2017

The course include short videos with clear pieces of grammar that can be easily integrated to your writting. Exercises are also a good tool for reeinforcing the new knowledge.

By Alejandra N

May 03, 2019

Me parece un excelente curso, sin embargo se debe tener un muy buen manejo del ingles para poder ejecutarlo, no es facil y en este momento no tengo este manejo en ese idioma.

By Nisha P

Nov 05, 2015

The 'Grammar and Punctuation' course was extremely helpful and challenging. The instructor is better than the teachers I had in school, therefore found her clear and concise.

By Gul E L K

Jun 11, 2016

I am totally in love with this course. I experienced instant improvement in my writing skills, and found errors in my writings which I would have never thought of as errors.

By Kenna B

Feb 09, 2016

The professor is excellent!. She explains everything in a way very easy to understand. The module is basic, but it is essential if you want to improve your english writing .

By Anka Y

Sep 30, 2016

Pretty good course, everything is explained very clearly, probably, the tasks are a bit easy, but I still appreciate the work of people who created this project. Thank you.

By rena b

Jan 01, 2016

All in all, this course opened up an universe of expression options for me!

Furthermore, I felt in love with semicolons!

Great presentation, perfect pace, and good practice!

By Ekaterina

Dec 08, 2015

Great and useful course, really helps to understand how the grammar and punctuation works, focuses on correct use of verb tenses as well. Definitely recommend it to anyone.

By Oliinyk B I

Jun 05, 2020

This course helped me to distinguish some tenses , to understand a lot of structures in writing. Now I can write letters and essays easily and with pleasure. Thanks a lot.

By Richard A

Feb 20, 2019

I enjoyed this class, and learned more about proper grammar and punctuation. This course is suited for both the first time learner and someone who only needs a refresher.

By Temirlan M

Jan 23, 2016

Very good in as introduction to your essay writing. All of course materials were understandable; morever, patiently, she explained how I can make my sentence variety well.

By Natalia P

Nov 01, 2015

The course is excellent for people, as myself, that has good base of English language, but due to a poor daily practice in the writing area forgot about the grammar rules.

By Nour A A

Honestly , this course helped me so much and improved my skills at writing in the correct way. I am really thankful for who are working on Grammar and Punctuation course.

By Md R H

Apr 04, 2020

It's an excellent course to understand writing sentences and using comma effectively. In my view, this online program will give your writing newfound freedom and variety.

By Ankit J

Apr 01, 2020

I loved the way the course taught me to correctly put commas in the right places. Anyone who is even a little apprehensive about his/her writing, should take this course.

By Rumman H T

Jan 31, 2020

Wow! I am so glad to get this course. Before beginning this course, I have no knowledge about the actual writing patterns and punctuation. Best wishes to all my trainees.

By Amr W A R S

Oct 25, 2019

The course is very brief, but it is well informative and deliver the information in a good way. And they clarified most of the information in a very strong way. Good job.

By MUDU M N

Apr 18, 2020

Respected Sir/ Madam; Thank you so much. This course provided me great insights and knowledge. My journey during this course is splendid. I owe to this great platform.

By Armando D R

Mar 14, 2016

Since the beginning to the end, I enjoyed this course because I learn new things for me. It had good explanations, nice examples and many exercises. Thank you very much.

By Juan C C

Nov 26, 2015

It definetely deserves 5 stars. Videos are very complete and clear. Strongly recommend this course for those wanting to improve their writing skills. Thanks Coursera! ;)