Back to The Arts and Science of Relationships: Understanding Human Needs

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Arts and Science of Relationships: Understanding Human Needs by University of Toronto

This course provides an introduction to: 1. Basic concepts of The Strategies and Skills Learning and Development System (SSLD), their relevance for every day relationships and provide advanced concepts for participants who work in fields of social work and health care . 2. Basic practice principles and methods of SSLD, illustrated by relationship management case studies. 3. The SSLD framework for relationship management assessment; N3C (needs, circumstances, characteristics, capacity) and problem translation. 4. Core competencies in the relationship management application of the SSLD system: Observation learning, simulation, real life implementation, review and monitoring....

M

Apr 24, 2020

Really fun and felt like I learned a lot about myself. If you are looking for insight on your relationships whether it is your significant other, best friend, or family than this class is for you!!!!

JK

May 08, 2020

This course manages to be information-packed and interesting at the same time. Professor Tsang and his team engages the leaner in a conversation-like format in each lecture that is just the lenght!

26 - 50 of 277 Reviews for The Arts and Science of Relationships: Understanding Human Needs

By Tran H A

Apr 25, 2020

A fantastic course! Although some parts may seem a bit repetitive, I have gained a deeper understanding of myself and what I need to do in order to improve my relationships. I absolutely love the lecture notes! This is the first course that include them in the materials! Therefore, it is very easy to go through the materials again to revise the course's content.

By MARCIANO M L

Aug 14, 2020

Online dating as the newest way of searching for partner this brought by pandemic in a New Normal. With the help of technology it leads us to a comfortable, much easiest way. Less cost and time to meet someone and getting to know each other. But also we must be aware of the truth that many people use this for fun, to scam and some are using false info.

By Debry W

Nov 22, 2019

Amazing course! Very challenging if you avoid (purposely or not) connection and empathy. In our crazy world we need to understand each other better and learn from each other. I completely recommend this MOOC. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, it already improved the way I interact with my friends and family for good! =)

By Jonathan N C K

May 08, 2020

By Professor ( M A

Mar 04, 2019

Thank you so much for a great course and valuable information. Looking forward to having another nice course.

Warm regards,

Moniruzzaman Ahmed

By Ethan F

Apr 24, 2017

Course design is pretty uneven in pace, engagement and expectation setting. The interactive segments could be better. Also, the core content feels like a hodge-podge of different sources thrown together to support the Professor's lexicon.

By Shivkumar A H

May 13, 2020

Grading not upto the mark

By Giannina Z

Aug 08, 2020

If I had the option to un-enroll I would. Way too many really short videos. Lots of redundancy. I enrolled hoping to learn from a university professor, but ended up watching videos mostly of his very young recently graduated TA either chatting with one of her peers or interviewing said professor -who, by the way, uses the word 'like' as much as my teenager niece. Seriously, one out of every five words spoken by him are 'like'. I could not continue and stopped in the midst of week three. I am a big fan of Coursera and this is the only course that was not worth my time.

By Alicia B

Very unimpressed with this course. Some basic biological terminology is used wrong, and it suggests that abusive partners act that way because the other person isn't meeting their needs (i.e. victim blaming). There are also some very offensive comments made in the discussion of 'power' in a relationship claiming that being a minority takes away a person's power in relationships. I don't know how long ago this course was created, but it is no longer relevant.

By Paula C M d C

Oct 24, 2018

Dull. It is not engaging, the professor might know a lot, but surely he doesn't know how to express the content. It's a lot of 'nothing'.

By Katharine M D

May 29, 2018

First week... quiz is already way beyond my comprehension of the videos and "lectures"... I'll be dropping it

By Joyce U

Oct 14, 2019

I can't take the long introductory video before each lecture.

By Muhammad A K

Nov 12, 2017

Boring and monotonous way of explanation.

By Naseem A

Apr 22, 2020

It's irrelevant to me. Archived.

By Neelesh v

I want to unenroll this course

By Patricia B

May 02, 2017

Very hard to understand

By Qintra A

Sep 13, 2020

This was an incredibly enlightening course, I have not been very strong in my significant relationships department because my romantic relationships turned out to be very abusive and it was a nightmare escaping them. But this course gave me useful insight about human needs, about the life cycle of relationships, about many dilemmas and phenomenons regarding relationships. I really enjoyed this course!

By Remko S

Jun 14, 2020

This course helped me to work on improving my relation with the persons nearest to me by explaining that everybody has it's own N3C's and that, for building and/or keeping good relations, it is important to understand each others N3C's and, where possible, support each other with fulfilling his/her Needs.

By Diana B

Jun 18, 2020

I recommend this course to everybody, I enjoyed it, and I've learned a lot about people, about their Needs, about how relationships work, and it gave me a better view on human behavior in general. I found this course very helpful because it has a lot of quizzes, and I could understand better the lessons.

By Maria M D M d S V

Jul 12, 2020

I highly recommend this course to everyone. To understand ourselves and understand the others is the key for better relationships and a better society. Thank you to everyone that made possible people from all around the world be able to study with an amazing teacher in one of the best universities.

By Belén M

Aug 31, 2020

Uno de los mejores cursos que he tomado. Ofrece información muy valiosa para entender cómo funcionan las relaciones independientemente de la sociedad o cultura en la que te desenvuelvas y cómo esos factores pueden afectar tu juicio personal y nublar tu visión al intentar mejorar tus relaciones.

By Sanjana R

May 03, 2020

I'm so happy that I took the decision of enrolling in this course. It has been a wonderful journey where I learnt a lot about myself and the patterns I follow in my relationships. This course has changed the way I'll look at my relationships from now on. Thank you for providing this course!

By Aqdas N

Apr 06, 2020

This course sparked my understanding about what are relationships and how one can deal it. In our daily life routines we do not pay much attention to the needs and purpose of relationship. After having this course i now has realized that relationships are the key to know ourselves.

By Bruna G

Jul 14, 2020

It's a great course. It delivers what it promises with a strong scientific basis, but applying it to the personal relationships of the viewer. I also enjoyed the dynamics of the video in an interview mode. Congratulations to everyone involved in the making of it and thank you.

By Yi L W

May 23, 2020

One of the best courses I've taken. It felt like a breath of fresh air. It aimed to help me self-reflect and improve myself which it definitely accomplished. Information was presented in a very clear and concise manner. Would recommend everyone to try out this course!