Back to Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios by Duke University

This is an introductory course for students with limited background in chemistry; basic concepts involved in chemical reactions, stoichiometry, the periodic table, periodic trends, nomenclature, and chemical problem solving will be emphasized with the goal of preparing students for further study in chemistry as needed for many science, health, and policy professions....

RG

Aug 20, 2020

Thank you Professor Dorian A. Canelas! It made me much more easier to understand the basic principles of chemistry and it builds me a lot of confidence in answering some of the problems in chemistry.

NH

Jun 13, 2020

It is a wonderful course for Middle school students. A first course in Chemistry, for the gifted students who will do AP Chemistry. Not suitable for adult learners who need an advanced introduction.

151 - 175 of 187 Reviews for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

Jun 04, 2017

Great!

By M Z U M

Sep 27, 2020

Good

By Simonas M

Sep 26, 2020

good

By Dr. M B

good

By Josh F

Nov 17, 2019

On the whole this course was worth my time. I had never taken a chemistry class and I was looking for a course to prepare me for other science courses that required a background in basic chemistry. I found the course very easy and quick. All concepts were well explained, except those in week 6, where a plethora of new and basically unexplained notation (Lewis Dot models, chemical structure diagrams) made the lectures harder to follow. I expect that I will learn more about that notation in the second course.

By nijitha k

Sep 12, 2020

It was a wonderful experience. All lectures were excellent. Simple and clear kind of lecturing it was very easy and interesting to follow. Sometimes i feel sad if my phone shows low battery power during the class time. I hope i could attend almost week exercises well. Demonstrations also very helpful. I spent time for getting better mark by repeating exams when ever my percentage become low. Special thanks to Prof. Dorian Canelas.

By Rohan H

Aug 10, 2018

Quality course. Very basic in material but fabulous to understand nomenclature and other technical necessities. I used it to prepare for a honors chemistry course I am taking in my sophomore year of high school. It, in my opinion, is perfect for that use.

By Lucille G

Aug 20, 2020

helpful course, but advanced problem sets are sometimes much more difficult than concepts shown in video sessions

By Crystal Q T Z

Dec 29, 2017

Clear explanations and an excellent course for beginners. Very slow to begin, but informative and thorough.

By Michael B

Feb 18, 2017

There were some errors in the video playback, one entire lesson near the end seemed like it was skipped.

By Sarah S

Nov 12, 2019

I wish more time was spent going over the mathematical equations and more examples were given.

By Casey D

Oct 12, 2020

Great review for those who need refreshers and good for newcomers to chemistry!