Back to Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios by Duke University

This is an introductory course for students with limited background in chemistry; basic concepts involved in chemical reactions, stoichiometry, the periodic table, periodic trends, nomenclature, and chemical problem solving will be emphasized with the goal of preparing students for further study in chemistry as needed for many science, health, and policy professions....

DP

Feb 06, 2018

Great Beginner Course. There are some parts where there will be frustration, but the forums are helpful. Any type of class involving math and science involves practice and work. Professor is great!

JS

Jul 02, 2019

Excellent introduction. Engaging lectures, clear demonstrations and approachable problem sets. I love that everything for this course works from my phone. THANK YOU FOR OFFERING THIS COURSE!!!!!

1 - 25 of 72 Reviews for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

By Manaurwar A

Nov 12, 2018

hemistry is the study of matter and energy and the interaction between them. There are many reasons to study chemistry, even if you aren't pursuing a career in science.

Chemistry is everywhere in the world around you! It's in the food you eat, clothes you wear, water you drink, medicines, air, cleaners... you name it

By Enosakhare O

May 20, 2018

It was a very good course, and I enjoyed it. It was fun, and I think I learnt quite a lot.

By Louie A D B

Jul 23, 2018

There's so much to learn. Thank you Duke University! Thank you Coursera!

By Jeremhy C

Jun 19, 2017

When I entered this course, I wanted to expand my knowledge on the foundations of Chemistry. This course helped me to do that and much more. Through this course, I was challenged enough that I can confidently walk into a Chemistry classroom and ace the pretest. I recommend this for anyone who is trying to get a degree in anything branched off of Chemistry.

By 이동혁

Nov 18, 2018

Loved all the lectures, It really helped me catching up my studies in high school.

By Wang Z

Dec 23, 2018

Very thorough introduction. Hope it could be more challenging

By Caitlin B

Nov 20, 2018

Very clear, well organized and well explained info! Teacher is very pleasant and engaging and you can see that she enjoys what she's doing.

By Francisco J

Jan 22, 2019

muy bueno y bien explicado

By Roniel V

Mar 03, 2019

I learned so much about Chemistry! I really did not understand it in high school since I had a first year teacher. But now I know so much. I'm going to buy the text the professor recommended at the beginning of the course.

By Liam A

Aug 07, 2018

I found this course to be very helpful. It has helped me to learn a lot about chemistry and has really boosted my confidence around studying. Professor Canelas explains topics in a really effective way, making it easy to understand without having to constantly rewind the video to make sense of it.

10/10 highly recommend for anyone looking to get into chemistry!

By Capucine P

Sep 06, 2018

This course was very helpful for my understanding of biology and physics related content. It is just the right amount of work to learn in seven weeks, although some tests were significantly harder than others and forced me to work more time on. Thank you very much for offering this course!

By Natasha R

Sep 06, 2018

Brilliant! I would hugely recommend this to anybody who wants to dive into the basic concepts of chemistry. I did not take chemistry beyond GCSE level and this course was perfect for refreshing my basic knowledge and building upon it. Dr Canelas is very engaging and charismatic. She does a fantastic job of breaking down difficult concepts and making them clear and easy to follow. Interesting, challenging and fun! Every week felt a little more in-depth and challenging than the last. I will definitely be taking a look at the Structures and Solutions course.

By Raphaël R

Sep 08, 2018

The best way to learn the basics of Chemistry. I studied this course prior to a general course as part of a Physics Degree and it was very helpful. Prof. Canelas' explanations are really easy to follow and gives you a great understanding of the subjects. Plus you won't need a lot of math to go around this course. Basic algebra should be enough.

By Christhian P S

Nov 04, 2018

Thanks a lot!!!

By Jorge B

Dec 10, 2017

Excelente curso. Gracias al mismo, he logrado comprender algunas cosas que no había entendido en pregrado.

By Yoe

Apr 18, 2017

nice chemical course for beginners

By Alyse C

Oct 14, 2017

Professor Canelas was a wonderful teacher who made the content incredibly easy to understand. I can't thank her enough for putting her time into the course!

By Maria-Ioanna A

Jun 09, 2017

amazing tutor

By Donna M M

Jul 20, 2017

This course has helped me tremendously in preparing to return to college

By Patrick E F

Nov 24, 2016

A very good course to review basic college chemistry, or to prepare for for taking a college course if High School chemistry was taken too long ago. Highly recommended!

By Eduardo A C

Dec 29, 2017

AMAZING! I HAVE LEARNED A LOT!

By David P