Back to Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios by Duke University

This is an introductory course for students with limited background in chemistry; basic concepts involved in chemical reactions, stoichiometry, the periodic table, periodic trends, nomenclature, and chemical problem solving will be emphasized with the goal of preparing students for further study in chemistry as needed for many science, health, and policy professions....

RG
Aug 19, 2020

Thank you Professor Dorian A. Canelas! It made me much more easier to understand the basic principles of chemistry and it builds me a lot of confidence in answering some of the problems in chemistry.

NH
Jun 12, 2020

It is a wonderful course for Middle school students. A first course in Chemistry, for the gifted students who will do AP Chemistry. Not suitable for adult learners who need an advanced introduction.

76 - 100 of 205 Reviews for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

By Jorge B

Dec 9, 2017

Excelente curso. Gracias al mismo, he logrado comprender algunas cosas que no había entendido en pregrado.

By Roberto P

Jan 9, 2021

One of the best professors I have ever had. Lectures are easy to understand. Instruction is methodical.

By aaditya

Apr 10, 2020

a good recap on stoichometric coefficients and a good method to prepare fo university level chemistry

By karl r

Aug 8, 2020

Highly Educational! Thumbs up. I just feel insufficient about the redox calculation but it is okay!

By Davide V

Jul 7, 2020

Very good introduction chemistry course! Hope new and more advanced courses will follow this one!

By Liang Z

Aug 5, 2020

Wonderful Lesson. The knowledge from this course really help me prepare for the AP chemistry.

By Hangkyo L

Jun 23, 2020

Great teacher! Lots of examples, timely quizzes, easy but specific explanations. Thank you!

By Julia H M

Aug 3, 2020

It made me believe I could do it! Love your explanations with real life examples! Thank you!

By Rachana S

Thank you so much, mam. It was worth of time. Got to revise the basic concepts of chemistry.

By Yerkanat K

Feb 26, 2018

Professor is really good at explaining the things! I find this course awesome for starters

By Ginny H

Nov 26, 2019

I am enjoying the course, and it has been challenging; but that is what I am looking for.

By Alfonso M P

Nov 18, 2016

Thank you Dorian, I have learned a lot on the basics of chemistry and chemical reactions

By Alex K

Apr 27, 2020

Very good exercises! Nice balance between lectures and assignments. Excellent course!

By Shin H

Jan 13, 2021

It's a recommendable course for those who are to get basic knowledges for chemistry.

By 이동혁

Nov 18, 2018

Loved all the lectures, It really helped me catching up my studies in high school.

By Smaiel H

Jun 6, 2020

It was a nice and fruitfull work from a nice teacher " Prof. Dorian A. Canelas".

By Dr. S S R

Aug 29, 2020

An excellent course for learning the basics of Chemistry and Reaction kinetics.

By Nakul B

Sep 22, 2020

Nice experience online learning was really helpful! Faculties are awesome

By Donna M M

Jul 20, 2017

This course has helped me tremendously in preparing to return to college

By Gaurav D

Jun 8, 2020

The course is very educational and prof canelas is really interesting.

By Salma F F A

Oct 1, 2020

thanks for your great efforts!

the best general course.. All the Best!

By SAUGAT B

Aug 27, 2019

It served me for a quick review of my high school physical chemistry.

By Pablo G C

Jul 25, 2020

Everything is well explained and the evaluations are very objective.

By Jonathan A R M

Oct 19, 2020

this is a great course to gain new knowledge and reinforce old ones