Back to Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios by Duke University

This is an introductory course for students with limited background in chemistry; basic concepts involved in chemical reactions, stoichiometry, the periodic table, periodic trends, nomenclature, and chemical problem solving will be emphasized with the goal of preparing students for further study in chemistry as needed for many science, health, and policy professions....

NH

Jun 13, 2020

It is a wonderful course for Middle school students. A first course in Chemistry, for the gifted students who will do AP Chemistry. Not suitable for adult learners who need an advanced introduction.

IM

May 23, 2020

What an amazing experience! I totally loved it. Prof. Dorian was an amazing instructor. I would like to thank her very much and also Coursera for bringing such course. It was really helpful for me.

51 - 75 of 156 Reviews for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

By Sally G

Apr 20, 2020

Dr. Canelas uses excellent, understandable analogies to explain complicated concepts. Thank you for an interesting introduction to Chemistry!

By Caitlin B

Nov 20, 2018

Very clear, well organized and well explained info! Teacher is very pleasant and engaging and you can see that she enjoys what she's doing.

By Melisha Q

Apr 24, 2020

Detailed explanation is given and it is good course in which relevant informaton on the course is given.

I enjoyed learning this course

By Ramon L D R

Jun 21, 2020

This course was so much fun and extremely helpful. The instructor's delivery of the material was very clear and easy to understand.

By Cordelia S

Feb 27, 2017

Thank you for this course! It was very engaging. The instructor's explanations were clear and the demonstrations were excellent.

By CARLOS S O C

El curso me resultó muy amigable y entendible, espero que en un futuro las consignas estén en español para una mejor resolución

By Nimisha N

I really loved the coursera course so very much. Prof.Dorian really did a great job. She taught all concepts so well.

By Kyle T

May 06, 2020

I learned a lot from this course that I haven't understood at all when it was taught at our school. I like it.

By Jorge B

Dec 10, 2017

Excelente curso. Gracias al mismo, he logrado comprender algunas cosas que no había entendido en pregrado.

By aaditya

Apr 10, 2020

a good recap on stoichometric coefficients and a good method to prepare fo university level chemistry

By Davide V

Jul 07, 2020

Very good introduction chemistry course! Hope new and more advanced courses will follow this one!

By Hangkyo L

Jun 23, 2020

Great teacher! Lots of examples, timely quizzes, easy but specific explanations. Thank you!

By Julia H M

Aug 03, 2020

It made me believe I could do it! Love your explanations with real life examples! Thank you!

By Rachana S

Thank you so much, mam. It was worth of time. Got to revise the basic concepts of chemistry.

By Yerkanat K

Feb 26, 2018

Professor is really good at explaining the things! I find this course awesome for starters

By Virginia H

Nov 26, 2019

I am enjoying the course, and it has been challenging; but that is what I am looking for.

By Alfonso M P

Nov 18, 2016

Thank you Dorian, I have learned a lot on the basics of chemistry and chemical reactions

By Alex K

Apr 27, 2020

Very good exercises! Nice balance between lectures and assignments. Excellent course!

By 이동혁

Nov 18, 2018

Loved all the lectures, It really helped me catching up my studies in high school.

By Smaiel H

Jun 06, 2020

It was a nice and fruitfull work from a nice teacher " Prof. Dorian A. Canelas".

By Donna M M

Jul 20, 2017

This course has helped me tremendously in preparing to return to college

By Gaurav D

Jun 09, 2020

The course is very educational and prof canelas is really interesting.

By SAUGAT B

Aug 27, 2019

It served me for a quick review of my high school physical chemistry.

By Pablo G C

Jul 25, 2020

Everything is well explained and the evaluations are very objective.