Back to Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios by Duke University

This is an introductory course for students with limited background in chemistry; basic concepts involved in chemical reactions, stoichiometry, the periodic table, periodic trends, nomenclature, and chemical problem solving will be emphasized with the goal of preparing students for further study in chemistry as needed for many science, health, and policy professions....

RG
Aug 19, 2020

Thank you Professor Dorian A. Canelas! It made me much more easier to understand the basic principles of chemistry and it builds me a lot of confidence in answering some of the problems in chemistry.

NH
Jun 12, 2020

It is a wonderful course for Middle school students. A first course in Chemistry, for the gifted students who will do AP Chemistry. Not suitable for adult learners who need an advanced introduction.

51 - 75 of 212 Reviews for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

By ahadi d p

May 7, 2020

great course, it gives me more knowledge in chemistry and also can maintain my previous knowledge in chemistry. I truly like the explanation in atomic interaction part.

By Patrick E F

Nov 23, 2016

A very good course to review basic college chemistry, or to prepare for for taking a college course if High School chemistry was taken too long ago. Highly recommended!

By Le B H

Oct 6, 2016

Strongly recommend this to people who lack backgrounds in chemistry or those who want to revisit knowledge they've not come across for a long time. I learnt a lot! :)

By Eilidh M

Jul 4, 2020

I really struggled with chemistry in high school, and this course is excellent! It helped me understand the core concepts of chemistry and I found it very enjoyable!

By Samuel T

Apr 29, 2020

The professor was very good at teaching. I have enjoyed the course, and I've learned so much.

I'll recommend this course for my friends who like chemistry also.

By Alyse C

Oct 14, 2017

Professor Canelas was a wonderful teacher who made the content incredibly easy to understand. I can't thank her enough for putting her time into the course!

By Ana' A G

Aug 19, 2020

Thank you so much for the opportunity to take this course. I learned so much! The class was very fun and informative. I enjoyed every minute of lecture.

By Molly J

Aug 15, 2020

This class was a great way to learn the introductions of chemistry. Prof. Canelas gave excellent, detailed and thorough explanations. Highly recommend.

By Marcos D

Jul 17, 2020

I have never studied chemistry before. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks to Coursera, Duke University and the excellent and smiling Professor Dorian Canelas

By Jorge R P

Jun 8, 2020

Amazing course, the instructor knows the material perfectly, the topics are really interesting, and the videos are adequate! Thank you so much!

By Prateek K

Apr 8, 2020

This course helped me to increase my knowledge in the chemical reactions and ratios. Thankyou to coursera for this course. It really helped me.

By Sally G

Apr 19, 2020

Dr. Canelas uses excellent, understandable analogies to explain complicated concepts. Thank you for an interesting introduction to Chemistry!

By Caitlin B

Nov 20, 2018

Very clear, well organized and well explained info! Teacher is very pleasant and engaging and you can see that she enjoys what she's doing.

By Luz D

Aug 8, 2020

Excellent Professor Dorian Canelas! A very good introduction to Chemistry Reactions and Ratios. Incredibly understandable and explanatory.

By Melisha Q

Apr 24, 2020

Detailed explanation is given and it is good course in which relevant informaton on the course is given.

I enjoyed learning this course

By Ramon L D R

Jun 21, 2020

This course was so much fun and extremely helpful. The instructor's delivery of the material was very clear and easy to understand.

By Keyur K

Nov 8, 2020

Overall, I have been glad with my experience using Coursera and think it is one of the best online learning platforms available.

By Jayanth J B

Oct 14, 2020

Professor Dorian is awesome!! Loved the course. Specially for chemistry enthusiasts.

Helps students gain interest in chemistry!!

By Cordelia S

Feb 26, 2017

Thank you for this course! It was very engaging. The instructor's explanations were clear and the demonstrations were excellent.

By CARLOS S O C

El curso me resultó muy amigable y entendible, espero que en un futuro las consignas estén en español para una mejor resolución

By Raúl A G P

Nov 28, 2020

Me ayudó mucho durante mi curso en la universidad, fue fácil aprender a pesar de que no tenía tantos conocimientos previos

By Alex K

Feb 16, 2021

Good for whom knew something about chemistry and wants to refresh it and learn some new information. Fits for beginners

By Mary A T C

Aug 8, 2020

I learned a lot in this course which is very applicable in online learning. It refreshes my knowledge on the subject.

By Nimisha N

I really loved the coursera course so very much. Prof.Dorian really did a great job. She taught all concepts so well.