Back to Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios by Duke University

This is an introductory course for students with limited background in chemistry; basic concepts involved in chemical reactions, stoichiometry, the periodic table, periodic trends, nomenclature, and chemical problem solving will be emphasized with the goal of preparing students for further study in chemistry as needed for many science, health, and policy professions....

NH

Jun 13, 2020

It is a wonderful course for Middle school students. A first course in Chemistry, for the gifted students who will do AP Chemistry. Not suitable for adult learners who need an advanced introduction.

IM

May 23, 2020

What an amazing experience! I totally loved it. Prof. Dorian was an amazing instructor. I would like to thank her very much and also Coursera for bringing such course. It was really helpful for me.

26 - 50 of 161 Reviews for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

By Capucine P

Sep 06, 2018

This course was very helpful for my understanding of biology and physics related content. It is just the right amount of work to learn in seven weeks, although some tests were significantly harder than others and forced me to work more time on. Thank you very much for offering this course!

By Nik

Excellent. Very well articulated and explained, particularly the earlier weeks (acids and bases and redox reductions I found a little less thoroughly explained). Would definitely recommend to someone who was rusty on high school chemistry, or wanted to learn it for the first time.

By Palak S

Jun 30, 2020

This professor is amazing!! I've taken plenty of intro chem courses from sixth grade through high school, but the way Dr. Canelas organizes and presents the material makes chemistry seem a lot easier & more interesting :)

Completed: in 2 weeks

Final Course Grade: 99.7 %

By Olutunde J

The course is an excellent one. The tutor is so good to the extent that I never had to comment or ask question from the beginning to the end. I even finished it within 3 days. REGISTER TODAY AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY CAUSE TO REGRET. I can assure you!!

By Albriz M B

Jul 21, 2020

This is a very helpful course for me to review all our chemistry topics in high school. I also love how the professor teaches the concepts because I can easily understand them. The quizzes and exams really challenge my problem-solving skills.

By Andy Y

Oct 25, 2019

What a great lesson and teacher!! I have learned a lot on this course. Hope to learn from this teacher in other courses. Also, I want to thank the teacher about spending so much time on preparing the knowledge that teach to us. Thanks a lot!!

By Youssef M A

Jul 12, 2020

this is an amazing introductory course to chemistry as I have learned a lot of things and how to change from ratios, how to naming compounds, how to calculate the solubility product, periodic table, and some trends and a lot of other things

By Roniel V

Mar 03, 2019

I learned so much about Chemistry! I really did not understand it in high school since I had a first year teacher. But now I know so much. I'm going to buy the text the professor recommended at the beginning of the course.

By Miranda A G V

Aug 03, 2020

I loved with all my heart the way Dr. Dorian teaches, it seemed to me that I learned things very quickly as if they were very simple. I learned a lot, I enjoyed and took advantage of it, very good rate for this course.

By Athira C S

May 14, 2020

The course is both simple and informative. The instructor is very helpful in making us understand every small bits of information and she presented everything with examples which made me interested to this course.

By IVAN M H A I M

May 23, 2020

By David P

Feb 06, 2018

Great Beginner Course. There are some parts where there will be frustration, but the forums are helpful. Any type of class involving math and science involves practice and work. Professor is great!

By Roberto R

May 09, 2020

The best explanations I've ever heard, everything felt so easy to understand. Also the humour of Ms. Dorian Canelas was really great and brought a very positive feeling when completing the course.

By Jennifer S

Jul 02, 2019

Excellent introduction. Engaging lectures, clear demonstrations and approachable problem sets. I love that everything for this course works from my phone. THANK YOU FOR OFFERING THIS COURSE!!!!!

By Swapna P

Enriched with knowledge .Thank you so much Prof Dorian. I have watched the again and again that you become so familiar . You are one of my favorite mentors . Your work is priceless.

By Muhammad A R

Aug 09, 2019

An exceptional course to revise previous concepts. many a times strengthened my previously vague concepts. The interviews and especially the practical videos were very enlightening.

By Sydney V

Aug 06, 2020

This course reinforced the basics of chemistry that I had already learned in Chemistry while also giving me to gain more in depth information from the teacher's videos.

By ahadi d p

May 08, 2020

great course, it gives me more knowledge in chemistry and also can maintain my previous knowledge in chemistry. I truly like the explanation in atomic interaction part.

By Patrick E F

Nov 24, 2016

A very good course to review basic college chemistry, or to prepare for for taking a college course if High School chemistry was taken too long ago. Highly recommended!

By Le B H

Oct 06, 2016

Strongly recommend this to people who lack backgrounds in chemistry or those who want to revisit knowledge they've not come across for a long time. I learnt a lot! :)

By Eilidh M

Jul 04, 2020

I really struggled with chemistry in high school, and this course is excellent! It helped me understand the core concepts of chemistry and I found it very enjoyable!

By Samuel d S T

Apr 29, 2020

The professor was very good at teaching. I have enjoyed the course, and I've learned so much.

I'll recommend this course for my friends who like chemistry also.

By Alyse C

Oct 14, 2017

Professor Canelas was a wonderful teacher who made the content incredibly easy to understand. I can't thank her enough for putting her time into the course!

By Marcos D

Jul 17, 2020

I have never studied chemistry before. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks to Coursera, Duke University and the excellent and smiling Professor Dorian Canelas