Back to Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios by Duke University

This is an introductory course for students with limited background in chemistry; basic concepts involved in chemical reactions, stoichiometry, the periodic table, periodic trends, nomenclature, and chemical problem solving will be emphasized with the goal of preparing students for further study in chemistry as needed for many science, health, and policy professions....

NH

Jun 13, 2020

It is a wonderful course for Middle school students. A first course in Chemistry, for the gifted students who will do AP Chemistry. Not suitable for adult learners who need an advanced introduction.

IM

May 23, 2020

What an amazing experience! I totally loved it. Prof. Dorian was an amazing instructor. I would like to thank her very much and also Coursera for bringing such course. It was really helpful for me.

126 - 150 of 156 Reviews for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

By Gyanendra

Jun 04, 2017

Great!

By Dr M B

good

By Josh F

Nov 17, 2019

On the whole this course was worth my time. I had never taken a chemistry class and I was looking for a course to prepare me for other science courses that required a background in basic chemistry. I found the course very easy and quick. All concepts were well explained, except those in week 6, where a plethora of new and basically unexplained notation (Lewis Dot models, chemical structure diagrams) made the lectures harder to follow. I expect that I will learn more about that notation in the second course.

By Rohan H

Aug 10, 2018

Quality course. Very basic in material but fabulous to understand nomenclature and other technical necessities. I used it to prepare for a honors chemistry course I am taking in my sophomore year of high school. It, in my opinion, is perfect for that use.

By Crystal Q T Z

Dec 29, 2017

Clear explanations and an excellent course for beginners. Very slow to begin, but informative and thorough.

By Michael B

Feb 18, 2017

There were some errors in the video playback, one entire lesson near the end seemed like it was skipped.

By Sarah S

Nov 12, 2019

I wish more time was spent going over the mathematical equations and more examples were given.

By M L

Feb 09, 2018

It's a very good course and

clear teaching!