Back to Leadership Through Social Influence

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leadership Through Social Influence by Northwestern University

This course will provide learners with a systematic general framework for analyzing persuasive influence situations. Learners will be able to identify different challenges faced by persuaders and to fashion appropriate strategies for addressing those challenges. The broad goal is to provide learners with not only an extensive persuasion tool kit, but also with an understanding of how different tools are useful in different situations. Specifically, the course will address four broad topics: strategies for influencing people’s personal attitudes; strategies for affecting social factors influencing behavior; strategies for affecting people’s perceived ability to undertake the desired behavior; and strategies for inducing people to act on their existing intentions....

DK
Jul 29, 2018

I found Professor O’Keefe's insights and his storytelling to be highly engaging. His videos helped me see new ways I can help my colleagues seize new opportunities to help our team. Thank you.

PD
Feb 14, 2021

I enjoyed this course. The layout of 4 weekly sessions and short, clear and concise videos was very beneficia. I feel like I learned something useful and that's always a good thing. Thank you!

26 - 50 of 275 Reviews for Leadership Through Social Influence

By Pamela D

Feb 14, 2021

By David K

By Bernard D V

Apr 17, 2019

Amazing course! The teacher is great and highly skilled. There is a lot of example from studies to help you understand course concepts. The course is crystal clear and really easy to follow.

Feb 3, 2016

Excellent, the entire presentation held together well. It built on itself and the result was a cohesive sense of understanding. This is how it's done, Northwestern. This is how it's done.

By Thomas T

Dec 18, 2016

Common sense is not so common. Simply put, these principles are so relevant to everyday life, and yet they elude us. Vital tool to develop communication tactics every leader must master.

By Felipe H W

Dec 26, 2020

This course teaches, in a very simple way, the different tools that anyone can use in order to overcome different situations when trying to convince people of your ideas and proposals.

By Hitesh D

Jul 14, 2020

Excellent points of learning. Social Influencing has huge role to play to get buy-in from stakeholders. This course helps in learning these critical nuances in a simple and lucid way.

By Ibeawuchi C U

Apr 28, 2020

This course has given me a better perception about how to become relevant in my organizations circle and most importantly i have learned outstanding ways of effective dialogue.

By Lisa S

Feb 22, 2016

Great course. I learned so much about influence and how it is manifest in the workplace. I also got skills in how to use influence to get ideas accepted and moved forward.

Mar 17, 2020

Perfect! I was only going to complete first module but the way the teacher talked and explained everything in detail made me finish the entire course in less than 2 days.

By Mr. S K M

Oct 4, 2020

Excellent material. Most important for leaders and equally important for beginners in Corporate organizations. Grooms attitude, openness and behavioral success at work p

By ISHIMWE G F

Sep 26, 2020

Leadership through influencing social environment boosts up the expected outcomes as well as people know where to direct their efforts to achieve business objectives.

By Parikshit H

May 17, 2021

It's a thoroughly engaging and insightful course about mastering persuasive conversations, relationships and management in both professional and personal life.

By Tiemo v H

h

o

u

g

h very different to the other cources in the organizational leadership module. It provides great insight and simultaneously gives a rich set of tools.

By Wendy B

Jul 2, 2019

The course is easy to understand and contain many examples. I like how the professor organized it in four blocks. It made the content easier to memorize.

By Rhonda F

Dec 7, 2020

I enjoyed this course. The delivery was simple but packed with useful information that can be used in a myriad of situations to influence behaviours.

By James L

Jul 3, 2019

Engaging lecturer, clear and concise definitions and strategies with good everyday examples. Highly recommend as a intro course to social influence!

By Zei R

Aug 17, 2020

Useful for both Innovators, Marketers and Leaders alike. Very practical information and tools that could be easily applied to different functions.

By Reinaldo A

Jul 22, 2018

Very interesting, straightforward and useful. I really enjoyed the learning which I will surely apply immediately on my professional activities.

By Rudi P

Feb 29, 2016

Thank you for all the great course resources you've made. Meanwhile I am a real person/ your student, please kindly verify my personal identity.

By Pallie, T R R

May 18, 2021

Its a grate learning process in which i have learned how to implement my plan through others and the situation which i will encounter.

By Wang Z

Jul 29, 2018

A very inspiring course, not only providing a great toolbox for leaders, but also people who try to communicate and convince others.

By Karolina K

Feb 8, 2016

Thoroughly enjoyed it! Simple but very useful steps to better negotiation. Will try to apply these in practice as soon as possible.

By Karim E F

Sep 25, 2020

Excellent course to the essentials. I liked the richness of the toolbox and the way it was explained with real life rich examples.

By Sonia B

Jun 4, 2020

Course was good. Helped to learn how to be a leader through social influence and gave tools to deal with social influence hurdles.